Would you love to see more new "Core" weapons?

Rico.6873

New core weapons would be excellent. Land Spear and trident seem like the obvious options. But whip, cestus, katar, halberd, greataxe, crossbow... All great additions.

Weapon styles would be extremely cool. Say warrior's sword, it's current style for its 1, 2, and F1 skills could be considered 'slashing style' replace the 3 with a multi-slash condi application. (whirling cuts? Channeled damage and whirl finisher?) then perhaps you could switch to, 'piercing style' with a direct damage auto attack that applies vulnerability and does +10% crit damage. 2 and 3 stays the same...F1 skill changes to 'Impale and Twist', big spike of damage almost as good as Axe F1 with, apply 10stacks vulnerability 2 sec. If the target is @ 25 vulnerability, increase damage 20%.

So every weapon style would swap condi moves to power moves, and vice-versa. It would allow each weapon to be about a playstyle (range, single attacks, multi-attacks, AoE's, support or whatever) but it would open builds to use (almost) any weapon. (suboptimal weapons are inevitable... But more choice is awesome.)

1. Spear and Trident can BOTH be used as martial or caster weapons AND in one hand or two hands. The oldest weapon in the WORLD besides rocks is a spear! Cmon! We're losing out on so much here!
  2. Greataxe. C'mon.
  3. Crossbow. 1 and 2-handed.
  4. Flails. No I don't care how good/bad they were in real life, they're a weapon we don't have yet could have. (lots of debate on this).
  5. Bare Hands. BRING ON THE EASTERN INFLUENCES or pugilism if you want. Either way, this is a thing. Shaolin monk, boxer, whatever archetype you want, add it here.
  6. Enter your favorite fantasy weapon here. Kratos chain axes? Very niche and cliché, but more power to ya. The Belmont Family Chain Whip? I love it (Castlevania). Some kind of weapon based on the insanity that is Monster Hunter weapons? Go for it. (Salivating over Switch-Axe, Charge Blade, Insect Glaive, etc).

OK, so even if 6 is a cop-out, the idea is that you can probably justify some of those weapons to each and every class. My most reasonable addition would be bringing the Spear and Trident out of underwater content and onto land. C'mon! We have the skins for them already! Hire me, I'll go nuts creatively! D':<

@FrigginPaco.4178 said:

1. Spear and Trident can BOTH be used as martial or caster weapons AND in one hand or two hands. The oldest weapon in the WORLD besides rocks is a spear! Cmon! We're losing out on so much here!
  2. Greataxe. C'mon.
  3. Crossbow. 1 and 2-handed.
  4. Flails. No I don't care how good/bad they were in real life, they're a weapon we don't have yet could have. (lots of debate on this).
  5. Bare Hands. BRING ON THE EASTERN INFLUENCES or pugilism if you want. Either way, this is a thing. Shaolin monk, boxer, whatever archetype you want, add it here.
  6. Enter your favorite fantasy weapon here. Kratos chain axes? Very niche and cliché, but more power to ya. The Belmont Family Chain Whip? I love it (Castlevania). Some kind of weapon based on the insanity that is Monster Hunter weapons? Go for it. (Salivating over Switch-Axe, Charge Blade, Insect Glaive, etc).

OK, so even if 6 is a cop-out, the idea is that you can probably justify some of those weapons to each and every class. My most reasonable addition would be bringing the Spear and Trident out of underwater content and onto land. C'mon! We have the skins for them already! Hire me, I'll go nuts creatively! D':<

I am hoping they are working at moving Spear / Trident to land as well. The speargun is kinda a crossbow and moving that to land as well makes sense. Agree who doesn't like a greataxe but I could see that being more involved. Flails being different from maces.....I think they did ok by creating a warhammer skin for the mace so could see that as a skin but a whole different mechanic I would question.

Wasn't too sure what exactly to vote for cause I personally want something specific. I want gauntlets of some sort to be a weapon. I want to punch things as a 2 handed weapon.I feel it could be made a weapon made available to some core classes and to others via new elite specs.

Though, I also wouldn't be opposed to Spears and Tridents being available on land as well for some classes.

@Ototo.3214 said:Wasn't too sure what exactly to vote for cause I personally want something specific. I want gauntlets of some sort to be a weapon. I want to punch things as a 2 handed weapon.I feel it could be made a weapon made available to some core classes and to others via new elite specs.

Though, I also wouldn't be opposed to Spears and Tridents being available on land as well for some classes.

That reminds me Katar ... gauntlets with edge used in pair.