RIP EOTM

Kalysha.4571

@BadMed.3846 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:Go play EoTM for an hour. You'll have your data. Good luck.

It's no longer possible, nearly no one is there since PIPS got added to WvW and not to EotM.

Usage of EotM was nevertheless interesting.

1) It got developed to give WvW-player in queue some action2) It developed to the Leveling Karma Train for twinks, as this was the by far fastest way to level from 1 to 80.3) WEXP Ranks got added to WvW and EotM, it developed to the fastest WEXP Rankup train,4) WvW-player started to be upset about EotM, as a lot people preferred EotM over WvW and WvW started to die.5) ANet reduced WEXP in EotM below WvW, still a lot player preferred EotM6) ANet stopped giving (Level)-Exp in EotM and WvW (instead added Tome's from Reward Tracks)7) WvW even more upset as people continued playing EotM and even started fighting in EotM, as EotM appeared to be much better filled than WvW outside primetime8) ANet added Pips to WvW, but not to EotM, and killed EotM by that9) WvW stayed dead, as EotM was not filled because it had many people, but because it had demand driven number of maps.

We can learn: the current 20 (EU)/16 (NA) maps cannot be filled 24/7, a demand driven allocation of maps as in EotM produces better game-play.

OR pvers who 95% frequented eotm had no interest whatsoever in wvw, did it for the big rewards they reaped pve style, and promptly left when said rewards (pve rewards) got nerfed, as eotm was supposed to be a wvw mode. I was playing eotm for a while, and I can assure you that fights were scarce and only happened when a skirmish was about to end, as a last troll fight. And eotm frequenters would never step foot in actual WvW cause, guess what, they were gonna be rallybots. And many people dont like pvp elements when they pve. Which is the part exactly they didnt do in eotm. Pvp.

wasnt much different in wvw to be honest. it was the war of the most loot.

Big difference. WvW bags are about fight. EoTM was mindless ktrain for PvE.

but wvw is pve with a pk mechanic like eotm.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BadMed.3846 said:Big difference. WvW bags are about fight. EoTM was mindless ktrain for PvE.

Sorry, but this is just nonsense.

WvW as 24/7 game mode is and was always decided by mindless karma trains doing PvD.. The term s karma trains comes from WvW before EotM was added. :)

It's even worser in WvW than it ever was in EotM, WvW-karma trains hop from map to map to hide before each other.

@Tiny Doom.4380 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Loot train follows the path of least resistance and abandons all others.

Never understood the desire to be bored in a game.. I mean, you can get paid for mindless remedial tasks.

Simple answer to that is people who do it aren't bored. Some of them say they are for effect but the ones who really are bored stop.

Have you ever heard of the Skinner Box?

They're bored, just manipulated

@Sovereign.1093 said:

It's no longer possible, nearly no one is there since PIPS got added to WvW and not to EotM.

1) It got developed to give WvW-player in queue some action2) It developed to the Leveling Karma Train for twinks, as this was the by far fastest way to level from 1 to 80.3) WEXP Ranks got added to WvW and EotM, it developed to the fastest WEXP Rankup train,4) WvW-player started to be upset about EotM, as a lot people preferred EotM over WvW and WvW started to die.5) ANet reduced WEXP in EotM below WvW, still a lot player preferred EotM6) ANet stopped giving (Level)-Exp in EotM and WvW (instead added Tome's from Reward Tracks)7) WvW even more upset as people continued playing EotM and even started fighting in EotM, as EotM appeared to be much better filled than WvW outside primetime8) ANet added Pips to WvW, but not to EotM, and killed EotM by that9) WvW stayed dead, as EotM was not filled because it had many people, but because it had demand driven number of maps.

We can learn: the current 20 (EU)/16 (NA) maps cannot be filled 24/7, a demand driven allocation of maps as in EotM produces better game-play.

OR pvers who 95% frequented eotm had no interest whatsoever in wvw, did it for the big rewards they reaped pve style, and promptly left when said rewards (pve rewards) got nerfed, as eotm was supposed to be a wvw mode. I was playing eotm for a while, and I can assure you that fights were scarce and only happened when a skirmish was about to end, as a last troll fight. And eotm frequenters would never step foot in actual WvW cause, guess what, they were gonna be rallybots. And many people dont like pvp elements when they pve. Which is the part exactly they didnt do in eotm. Pvp.

There are 2 types of players for EOTM

The passive ones that go there and QQ when they have to fight.

The agressive ones that go there to make others QQ.

When the QQ passive population gets consumed the population of the agressive players that dies to starvation.

TDLR: EOTM was never good to start with, mechanics used in there were dull, and not trully inovative, using transmogriffers instead of make players have to work their own siege is the most lame and low effort way to make a game...

Real mechanics > placebos that trick low IQ players.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

When the QQ passive population gets consumed the population of the agressive players that dies to starvation.

TDLR: EOTM was never good to start with, mechanics used in there were dull, and not trully inovative, using transmogriffers instead of make players have to work their own siege is the most lame and low effort way to make a game...

Whoa whoa WHOA!!! Stop the kitten bus..

I...

I can’t believe I agree with @Aeolus.3615 ..

OMyGoodness..

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Whoa whoa WHOA!!! Stop the kitten bus..

I...

I can’t believe I agree with @Aeolus.3615 ..

OMyGoodness..

They should create a Guild upgrade that allows creating on-deman instances of EotMs for players to play GvGs.

1. Buy upgrade.
  2. Create match and invite 1-2 other guilds.
  3. If the other guilds accept, each guild has 15 mins to bring 10-50 people to the match, depending on the size set when the match was created.
  4. Once the match starts, it plays as normal, with a 2h timer.

The map would be neat for it, there's just no way to have control over it, and random people will always be there.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

Except in EotM, players avoided each other for the most part, didn’t defend, and just karma trained across the map. You could go as far as to consider it match manipulation since they actively avoided each other and allowed the other servers to take their stuff just so they could take it back in an endless loop.

• 3 weeks later...

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Except in EotM, players avoided each other for the most part, didn’t defend, and just karma trained across the map. You could go as far as to consider it match manipulation since they actively avoided each other and allowed the other servers to take their stuff just so they could take it back in an endless loop.

feels like wvw sometime. unless if other team go their blob or we got ours. keke

It's been dead for some time. I will say again, it was a 24/7 ktrain, and everyone defended it as not being one, but WvW players knew better, and only went there when queues were active or had to level something. The rewards were nerfed down to what WvW was at the time and people left almost over night, proving that it was indeed all about the ktrain. The blobs in there were heavy, HEAVY PvE oriented, and going in and fighting was seen as a BAD thing. My guild at the time, would for fun go to EOTM at the end of our WvW raids, our guild was often only half the size of the EOTM ones and we would one push them, every. Single. Time. And we would have people from our own map tell us to LEAVE, because we were "picking on other players" aka, killing them. Within 30mins the other two servers would leave the map, they would rather go back to PvE than actually fight, so in that half hour we would own all of EOTM because the other blobs of larger size left and no one was left to back cap for the ktrain and then our map would be furious, calling out our guild, calling us trash, etc etc. THAT is what EOTM really was.

It was a PvE map, which is fine by me, however WvW should have the higher rewards, not a "queue map".

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:It's been dead for some time. I will say again, it was a 24/7 ktrain, and everyone defended it as not being one, but WvW players knew better, and only went there when queues were active or had to level something. The rewards were nerfed down to what WvW was at the time and people left almost over night, proving that it was indeed all about the ktrain. The blobs in there were heavy, HEAVY PvE oriented, and going in and fighting was seen as a BAD thing. My guild at the time, would for fun go to EOTM at the end of our WvW raids, our guild was often only half the size of the EOTM ones and we would one push them, every. Single. Time. And we would have people from our own map tell us to LEAVE, because we were "picking on other players" aka, killing them. Within 30mins the other two servers would leave the map, they would rather go back to PvE than actually fight, so in that half hour we would own all of EOTM because the other blobs of larger size left and no one was left to back cap for the ktrain and then our map would be furious, calling out our guild, calling us trash, etc etc. THAT is what EOTM really was.

It was a PvE map, which is fine by me, however WvW should have the higher rewards, not a "queue map".

Ahhhh yes, the tears of pve players, delicious.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:It's been dead for some time. I will say again, it was a 24/7 ktrain, and everyone defended it as not being one, but WvW players knew better, and only went there when queues were active or had to level something. The rewards were nerfed down to what WvW was at the time and people left almost over night, proving that it was indeed all about the ktrain. The blobs in there were heavy, HEAVY PvE oriented, and going in and fighting was seen as a BAD thing. My guild at the time, would for fun go to EOTM at the end of our WvW raids, our guild was often only half the size of the EOTM ones and we would one push them, every. Single. Time. And we would have people from our own map tell us to LEAVE, because we were "picking on other players" aka, killing them. Within 30mins the other two servers would leave the map, they would rather go back to PvE than actually fight, so in that half hour we would own all of EOTM because the other blobs of larger size left and no one was left to back cap for the ktrain and then our map would be furious, calling out our guild, calling us trash, etc etc. THAT is what EOTM really was.

I simply don't understand this kind of attitude :#. So, EoTM was not a WvW map but you, as an organised guild went there to kill players. It is OK - it was a PvP environment. But what I don't get is why you want so badly to see it dead without any chance for resurection. Because, as you said: the rewards were nerfed down to what WvW was at the time and people left almost over night. Yes, they left, but the state of the WvW is not better now as before. So, what is the use of so much effort to kill a "gamemode" if this action will bring no better things for WvW? Only to deprive other players of the potential loot they could have there?

What is wrong if EoTM will have pips and a good reward - the hard core WvW players will not step in such a PvE like map. Or you are afraid that the actual WvW-rs are in fact PvE-rs in their heart and they will go in the EoTM? If the second variant is true, then what we have now in WvW is in fact the same EoTm - but with pips. And, then, what is wrong to have EoTM also?

As a note - I consider the system of the EoTM - maps on demand - to be far superior to what WvW has now. EoTM is not affected as hard as the actual WvW by the coverage problem. And by the lack of players. This can be borrowed by the WvW if the Alliance system will ever see the light of the day.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

I simply don't understand this kind of attitude :#. So, EoTM was not a WvW map but you, as an organised guild went there to kill players. It is OK - it was a PvP environment. But what I don't get is why you want so badly to see it dead without any chance for resurection. Because, as you said:
the rewards were nerfed down to what WvW was at the time and people left almost over night
. Yes, they left, but the state of the WvW is not better now as before. So,
what is the use of so much effort to kill a "gamemode" if this action will bring no better things for WvW
? Only to deprive other players of the potential loot they could have there?

What is wrong if EoTM will have pips and a good reward - the hard core WvW players will not step in such a PvE like map. Or you are afraid that the actual WvW-rs are in fact PvE-rs in their heart and they will go in the EoTM? If the second variant is true, then what we have now in WvW is in fact the same EoTm - but with pips. And, then, what is wrong to have EoTM also?

As a note - I consider the system of the EoTM - maps on demand - to be far superior to what WvW has now. EoTM is not affected as hard as the actual WvW by the coverage problem. And by the lack of players. This can be borrowed by the WvW if the Alliance system will ever see the light of the day.

Yes, make everything pve but include full wvw rewards, so players can use the map. /facedesk

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

I simply don't understand this kind of attitude :#. So, EoTM was not a WvW map but you, as an organised guild went there to kill players. It is OK - it was a PvP environment. But what I don't get is why you want so badly to see it dead without any chance for resurection. Because, as you said:
the rewards were nerfed down to what WvW was at the time and people left almost over night
. Yes, they left, but the state of the WvW is not better now as before. So,
what is the use of so much effort to kill a "gamemode" if this action will bring no better things for WvW
? Only to deprive other players of the potential loot they could have there?

What are you even on about?

Where, at all, in any of my posts, did I say EOTM should not exist or should be dead?

It is a part of WvW and is a PvP game mode, so because we actually DID PvP in the game mode, we should be yelled at, talked down to and have members of our guild spam PMed and mailed with people block evading on alt accounts to spam them more? Please, tell me more about how it was our "attitude".

Its been RIPing for years, and so has wvw. I'll try to sum up the why of it all (spoiler warning: rewards)

.Launch of EOTM marked it as the best exp/wxp/karma gain in the game, that brought in lowbies and pvers who did not enjoy wvw as it was.

.EOTM lasted through its nerfs, mainly because rewards were STILL good, and you could actually 80v80v80 without nearly any skilllag whatsoever (making it fun to blob v blob, albeith the bad player quality, AND effective to farm in), since EOTM was based on the megaservers from pve, unlike wvw.

.EOTM rip, due to pips, but it was already declining then because wvw (including eotm) doesn't hold a candle to pve regarding gold/hour

Conclusion: Player base plays for REWARDS in mmos mainly, gw2 is no exception. Adding an exclusive reward to a gamemode (wvw), that most pvers do not enjoy will not keep them in that gamemode if they can be even asked to farm there for the one reward they want.

That conclusion applies to wvw as well. WvW's been declining in population? No shit, you have the work of organizing a blob to take a t3 keep, and get sieged to hell and back, under skill lag the moment the 3rd server blob shows up. For what? Slightly more karma/exp/gold than an undefended t0 keep? And what about the matchup rewards themselves? What does one earn, exactly and personally, for his/her server winning a matchup? More pips per tick, wowzers.

You make wvw what you want. Blobs and ktrains are the most profit you can get out of wvw (meager as it is), you have your fun roaming or ganking with your cheese alt. But you have no reason to care for ppt, aside doing it for fun.I'm not even going near the nightmare that is class balance, aside saying that that surely played its part in driving some people away.

No one plays an mmo for years just because its "fun". Sure, they'll come in for that at 1st, but they'll stick around for the rewards.

I actually felt bad in EOTM back in the day. Ran into a group of five and didn't have any mobility. I figured to go down fighting. Took them all out in under two minutes. It was my first introduction to players who hadn't the slightest clue how to dodge, counter or even run away properly. It turned out EOTM was full of them. Now, those folks are farming the latest gold/hour grindfest.

ROFL I did this all the time too, but sort of because I'm solo. I would make the zergs work for it when capping the south tower. I would place siege and defend it until they break through. I then would just escape, pick off the fat kids then come back when my side has captured the tower. Then sooner or later, the k-train rotations would totally ignore the south tower. So I would switch to the blue one with the griffon champ, repeat the process until they ignore that tower and I go back south.

Fun times.

@borgs.6103 said:

ROFL I did this all the time too, but sort of because I'm solo. I would make the zergs work for it when capping the south tower. I would place siege and defend it until they break through. I then would just escape, pick off the fat kids then come back when my side has captured the tower. Then sooner or later, the k-train rotations would totally ignore the south tower. So I would switch to the blue one with the griffon champ, repeat the process until they ignore that tower and I go back south.

Fun times.

I did this a few times, when I was bored, one AC....ONE, as I was the only defender, melted 90% of their zerg because they just stood there, watching their HP go down, they never even once tried to move out of the AC fire.