(New Players Question) How do you bring your party into a PVP match?

Greeting all,

I bought the core game expansions several days ago and convinced my buddies to get the core game. After getting our characters up to level 10 we tried, but couldn't figure out how to get into a PVP match together. We were able to get into the PVP lobby and launch a search but unable to que up together on the same team. This is possible to do right? I know it must be something simple we aren't getting but I couldn't find anything online that spells out how to achieve this. Is there something online that shows how to do this or could someone please explain how to make it happen??

Appreciate the help all.

Nope, unfortunately Anet decided it was a good idea to completely ban full team queue. You can only queue in a ranked match either solo or with 1 other buddy.

Mixed queue (solo players against full team and stuff) was cancer in the earlier days, true, but instead of splitting the queues Anet just banned everything else than solo/duo (there have been some hiccups with solo only for a while or solo with rating limited duo and stuff but yea)..You can only play unranked with more than 1 friend unfortunately (which should work just like queueing solo, one starts the queue and everyone else simply needs to accept).

Sorry to disappoint you and your group.

You can q as a 5 man team into unranked what is the best way to start for new player anyway. You do yourself and other player a favor when you start ranked after you got experience with your class, your role in a match and conquest in general. The matchmaking isn't exactly doing a good job among other reasons duo to low population. Means you can get matched with higher ranked ppl as new/unexperienced player what is unfun for you and very frustrating for experienced player. Watching good players streams can help you to improve faster even though atm there barely is anyone decent streaming sadly. Youtube is another place you can find guides.

As already explained ranked q is solo/duo only.