I'm very sad. Down season events...

LaFurion.3167

So mike z had an interview in which he said 2v2 would mostly be an in between season event. As somebody who was hoping for a ranked ladder this made me so sad. He went on to give decent reasons as to why they wanted conquest to be the main game mode, but honestly, the population just simply isn't there for this to continue...

If conquest will continue to be the main (basically only mode with attention from anet) then we need some serious balance teams on it monthly, as well as new maps and map balances and visual updates. Because let's face it, the original pvp maps are terribly bland.

Since I can no longer hope for ranked 2v2 or 3v3 arena, I beg arena net to please please add dueling in some way shape or form OTHER than the customs.

I was doing my daily charged quartz and bumped into two new players who were obviously new and obviously gf/bf. I chatted to them and helped them out, sent them bags etc. And the first thing one of them asked was "how do we fight each other". And what I had to do was just so inconvenient and time consuming and confusing to explain. Instead of something like "oh, right click on this guy and press duel", or "go to these designated areas in the world or cities and fight", I had to baby step them on how to go to pvp lobby/interface and join a custom arena and join the same server and join the same map but on different teams then tun them to the middle of the map for them to fight only for the circle to cap because one of them stood on it and match end.... sigh.

So.... I guess I'm just super sad. Now that ranked arena is basically out of the question, I hope to god dueling is added in some maps that won't affect meta events too much, or maybe even some parts of cities, perhaps rotating every day since there are no events there..

Does anybody else feel really let down or disappointed that conquest will be the main mode for pvp??? Its obviously in huge decline and so old...

It's pretty tragic, self-perpetuating, and a tad hypocritical. Almost every suggestion gets written off as "the population is too low." yet when people get burnt out because there's nothing new and quit sPvP, the population just drops more.

It's also quite confusing how they can use that excuse and still rationalize things like Ranked DuoQ, because high-rated DuoQs almost never get matched against other high-rated DuoQs because the population is too low, yet; that gets added back.

Nothing ever changes, gets tried, polled. Ranked remains a farm, 5v5 conquest remains the only way to play it, and the king stay the king. It's a cycle. The population drops further and the same excuse that got it there is the same reason there will never be an actual way out of it. Here's hoping they reconsider, +1

Yeah I just hope that they do SOMETHING. Anything. Conquest didn't fail per se, it just.... it was just left alone for far too long. And the power creep and shrinking population basically killed it.

3v3 arenas would be so nice. The fact that a lot of us would settle for dueling, a staple feature in every other mmo, tells us a lot about how "fun" this main game mode is.

In reality the reason we will never get real 2v2 or 3v3 tdm is due to the fact that if they started to work on 2c2 or 3v3 and made it a que mode even with just unranked tdm. Conquest would be played by pretty much no one ever again. Thus all their years of work on boring circlequest maps will be for nothing. Then the only option they have would be to make all current maps into tdm maps.

It's lack of caring with a mix of everything will be ruined with conq.