Scepter? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Mesmer

Scepter?

Cuddy.6247Cuddy.6247 Member ✭✭✭

So I recently started playing mesmer after a long time of not really liking it, and I'm just curious - can anyone explain to me why scepter isn't generally liked more? Especially if I trait Malicious Sorcery I really like it, stacks torment, good confusion, mind wrack can be spammed a lot. I was a little iffy because I never saw it even mentioned in a lot of meta builds but it turned out okay. So what's exactly wrong with it?

I'll be in Guild Wars 1 until Arena Net stops monetizing build templates.

Comments

• Other than the 50% nerf (because that's the only kind there is) it was a good weapon. Also what game mode are you talking about?

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭

In PvE, sword is better.
    In WvW and sPvP, scepter is one of the best weapons.

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tayga.3192 said:
    In PvE, sword is better.
    In WvW and sPvP, scepter is one of the best weapons.

sad but true xd

• Scepter's great in PVE if you need a ranged condi weapon. The only reason it doesn't usually beat out staff is because staff is a super mobile weapon that has a higher impact on survivability than scepter provides DPS.

@Trollocks.5084 said:
    Scepter's great in PVE if you need a ranged condi weapon. The only reason it doesn't usually beat out staff is because staff is a super mobile weapon that has a higher impact on survivability than scepter provides DPS.

only thing staff brings is clone generation and good ambush, nothing else.

• ... and a teleport, Chaos Aura, Aegis, Retaliation, Ethereal field, good AOE...

@Trollocks.5084 said:
    ... and a teleport, Chaos Aura, Aegis, Retaliation, Ethereal field, good AOE...

chaos aura is useless, you get it for free from any etheral field, tp is alright, retal is useless, and i dont even know what you mean by good aoe, staff 5 ? or bouncing autos that deal kitten dmg ?

• I use condition damage scepter/chronomancer with the skills for many shatters and no wells. I seem to survive very well and do good damage. I tried sword and shield but didn’t so as well.