Tell me about your placements

Dreams.3128

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:have no idea how the system works....

lost 8 won 2, placed in Gold ¯\
(ツ)

Wait how did you get in gold when I went 3-7 and got thrown into the borderline between silver 3 and gold 1?

kitten?

like i said ¯\
(ツ)

not sure if the devs have made modifications to the matchmaker algorithm, so far the experience has been the best I've ever had for the past 5 seasons since i started PvP, except for the very 1st match out from the placements, every match is pretty evenly matched, alway win and loss by a tiny margin

i take my words back, absolutely trashy matchups over the weekend

the ability for firebrand to heal a scourge when 3 dps focusing on the scourge is disgusting

Climbed to 1609 last season solo q only with my core ranger. 6:4 placement and somehow I am back in gold hell. And its a struggle in this dark pof2win age where you have to face broken holos, mirages, scourge/fbs, sbs etc. So i dont play this season much anymore and if i play just some unranked

I lost my first and maybe second placement match and was 8w2l in placements, came out around ~1530.

I’m usually gold3-plat1 and finish around there as well. I switched to Firebrand this season and felt less effective, but I was not punished for it as much as I predicted. It might have to do with lower population this season, as queue times have been longer, and I see some 1600+ players in plat1 games.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:I had seven throwers/afkers in my matches and got thrown in silver because of it. What's your guy's horror stories? This was me solo'ing and not duo'ing like a smart player.

You know i've seen people throw winnable matches just because we lose 1 team fight and it feels sadly common in gold (when i was that high)I actually don't give a hoot about my ranking. It's all win rate. Speaking of which i was like 0/4 on my mesmer, picked a metabattle meta build for a different profession and have had a 3 match win streak since. Balance in this game is atrocious, my performance should not jump that much playing an unfamiliar profession. Mesmer has a good chance against most profs, but in team fights they're actually quite useless compared to what others bring to the table. So i expect more nerfs, worse win rates for them.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

You know i've seen people throw winnable matches just because we lose 1 team fight and it feels sadly common in gold (when i was that high)I actually don't give a hoot about my ranking. It's all win rate. Speaking of which i was like 0/4 on my mesmer, picked a metabattle meta build for a different profession and have had a 3 match win streak since. Balance in this game is atrocious, my performance should not jump that much playing an unfamiliar profession. Mesmer has a good chance against most profs, but in team fights they're actually quite useless compared to what others bring to the table. So i expect more nerfs, worse win rates for them.

7 games is too small a sample to conclude much of anything. Even if your expected win rate was 50% you have a 12.5% chance you win or lose 3 in a row and a 6.3% chance to win/lose 4 in a row so neither is that uncommon. Could be you are still better on your mesmer but just had a bad streak.

@raistlinx.4906 said:

7 games is too small a sample to conclude much of anything. Even if your expected win rate was 50% you have a 12.5% chance you win or lose 3 in a row and a 6.3% chance to win/lose 4 in a row so neither is that uncommon. Could be you are still better on your mesmer but just had a bad streak.

My win rate all of last season was like 20-30%.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:I had seven throwers/afkers in my matches and got thrown in silver because of it. What's your guy's horror stories? This was me solo'ing and not duo'ing like a smart player.

I get good and bad placements still always climb up to gold 3/plat 1 quite easily as a solo player, could easily get higher if I could be bothered to swap classes/&builds.

@Vallenous.2179 said:I wonder what the ratio of players in the top 100 are consistent duos. This season, I totally have seen why duos utterly ruin ranking. Someone playing solo compared to someone in a decent duo is going to be severely penalized while losing many more matches.

Most of ppl who’ve been top 100 before can solo q and get there especially half way through the season. Like I literally didn’t duo once and am top 25 with like low plat2. If I want end of season top 25-100 I’ll prolly need to duo q a little to get plat3 but still most of the season would be solo q.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Vallenous.2179 said:I wonder what the ratio of players in the top 100 are consistent duos. This season, I totally have seen why duos utterly ruin ranking. Someone playing solo compared to someone in a decent duo is going to be severely penalized while losing many more matches.

Most of ppl who’ve been top 100 before can solo q and get there especially half way through the season. Like I literally didn’t duo once and am top 25 with like low plat2. If I want end of season top 25-100 I’ll prolly need to duo q a little to get plat3 but still most of the season would be solo q.Soloq placements went 6-4 into 1480 rating and losing twice more points than I gain, so basically stuck in this trashcan while usually I had 1750 rating (but didnt finish season as I cant force myself to play more than 50-60 games). Soloq is pure hell if you are stuck on low rating (oh ye,I dont play meta builds and didnt play it before). You can win 1x2 but that wouldnt matter because some bunker troll 3 ppl on your close and their IQ is that low to just leave him 1x1 someone and lose the map anyway

@praqtos.9035 said:

Most of ppl who’ve been top 100 before can solo q and get there especially half way through the season. Like I literally didn’t duo once and am top 25 with like low plat2. If I want end of season top 25-100 I’ll prolly need to duo q a little to get plat3 but still most of the season would be solo q.Soloq placements went 6-4 into 1480 rating and losing twice more points than I gain, so basically stuck in this trashcan while usually I had 1750 rating (but didnt finish season as I cant force myself to play more than 50-60 games). Soloq is pure hell if you are stuck on low rating (oh ye,I dont play meta builds and didnt play it before). You can win 1x2 but that wouldnt matter because some bunker troll 3 ppl on your close and their IQ is that low to just leave him 1x1 someone and lose the map anyway

I think since ppl duo q now placements require better ratio. I placed 8-2 on core thief thinking good enough and was shocked to get 1599 since that’s usually close to plat3 for me. But I’ve just been playing condi thief and 1vx on far and this gives me free wins 80% of the time so I climbed ez.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

I think since ppl duo q now placements require better ratio. I placed 8-2 on core thief thinking good enough and was shocked to get 1599 since that’s usually close to plat3 for me. But I’ve just been playing condi thief and 1vx on far and this gives me free wins 80% of the time so I climbed ez.Condi drd, I bet if Id play that braindead build I wouldnt have any issues with my placements/games too xD

@Dantheman.3589 said:

I think since ppl duo q now placements require better ratio. I placed 8-2 on core thief thinking good enough and was shocked to get 1599 since that’s usually close to plat3 for me. But I’ve just been playing condi thief and 1vx on far and this gives me free wins 80% of the time so I climbed ez.

So obvious, lame!

And u know what I'm talking about.

@praqtos.9035 said:

I think since ppl duo q now placements require better ratio. I placed 8-2 on core thief thinking good enough and was shocked to get 1599 since that’s usually close to plat3 for me. But I’ve just been playing condi thief and 1vx on far and this gives me free wins 80% of the time so I climbed ez.Condi drd, I bet if Id play that braindead build I wouldnt have any issues with my placements/games too xD

The version I plays slightly different from meta less brain dead but I can 1v1 anything besides druid. I played normal core thief in placements and did fine but it was too hard to maintain.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

So obvious, lame!

And u know what I'm talking about.

I have no idea