Asuran Script [Research]

hugo.4705

eeGO5j0.jpg

Asuran Script is the written language of asura, they seems to speak "english" to us well let's say they speak a language shared in the whole Tyria. But this script is still very used now: On every asuran console, holographic tablets, inscribed on weapons or assets around the maps. The translation have been made some times ago thanks to asuran panels, the original text used to decipher is found here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:2012_original_asuran_translation.png

4HGlzt1.jpgAfter that, someone translated the engraved text found on every stone structure:We are the asura, lords of deep domains that are now denied to us, overwhelmed by numbers, power and brute force. We have been forced to this open, sun-filled world and forced to rebuild our civilization. That we have succeeded is a testament to the indomitable spirit and innate intelligence of our people. In every day and with every invention, we rebuild our world and bend reality to match our needs. The Eternal Alchemy states that everything is interwoven. The actions of a single asura, of one experiment, can have wider implications throughout the world. We are all part of the Eternal Alchemy, whether as cogs, pistons, wheels, springs, or arcanic crystals. The ultimate goal in life is to comprehend the greater purpose of the Eternal Alchemy and to strive in perfecting it.

But they are many additional occurrences of the script around the maps; https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Asuran_script#OccurrencesSo I launched myself into a quest, translate all those additional scripts. Here they are:

QcFFOkM.jpg1-Scarlet's Lair, on Watchwork chest:Microscopic gate energy field. However, enlarging the field will require much more power. We must invent a stronger power source.

SJs2fHX.jpg2-Inquest data terminals/on lightning cannons and asuran turrets.Inventive Condescending Abstruse - Refer to humans are "bookah".

WJahRMZ.jpg3-Rata Novan Taimi ConsolePlease stand by with a technical difficulty TV screen but the indian head is replaced with scuffy.

bjDlht1.jpgHKoOqWZ.jpg4-Rata Novan Destroyers ResearchsDanger! Armored (showing head)| Axe (showing hands)| Clawed Feet (showing feet)Main Weapon Specs66-2373-10-77-00064-1604-26Armorplating Thickness931-940202/31 = 95Brain activity levels77570103-1734205-1054510-143-5-1

mMFj8qG.jpg5-Rata Novan leylinesFunction:Displaying Ley energy formation

SmB1b22.jpg6-Big crescent shaped asuran console with crystal and arcanic circles:4 letters displayed on pedestals: F , C/K/Q , V , EFor blue circles: 3 letters in pink: P , O , B

Dkw0isw.jpg7-Banners against doctor Bleent, metrica province: (No senses apparently, sadly, expected things like "HALT!" "Free the oozes!!" "Bleent=crazy!")FTEE
DPNEEIVIBAVE
VHECHATT!

VHEBPPLAHATECPNIOG!

NALEGPMRNDOPVYAT

PWV!YIVH VHEPMDLTEYE!

That's it, I'm pretty sure they are some scripts left around tyria, I haven't explored mons draconis yet. Haven't checked Sorrow's embrace and twilight arbor aetherblade path.But I have explored crucible of eternity. Recently found as said in another thread the inscription "1147 AE" engraved on the side of Rata Sum. Since Rata Primus was based on Rata Sum, that inscription can also be found on Rata Primus, through having both built in same time sound strange. Have to check Zinn vaults. Inquest data pads in draconic mons use the text shown in the first link (2012 translation) so same as asuran panels nothing new, again sadly.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:A small disappointment to me is that the asuran script in-game is a simple substitution cypher like Ascalonian and New Krytan.

In Ghosts of Ascalon, it is said to be a mixture of letters and mathematics. Would have been interesting to see such fleshed out.

True, also some of the letters aren't even invented, A, E, P, D, R and Z , just Greek letters. Would have liked for C/K/Q to have a proper symbol for each instead of 1 for all three. Sure S is a 6 and N equal 1.... but that's not really very mathematical, just inspired. I think I'm more disappointed by seeing the same text copy-pasted everywhere (all consoles have same text, all walls same script)