Server Lag -- Any follow-up from Stephen's post?

Towelie.3719

Post in reference: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1019930#Comment_1019930Also on reddit more information: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/cuikws/this_is_the_sort_of_thing_the_wvw_community_has/exvuufi?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

So far we've heard no updates from this and this is an issue we've all been experiencing, regardless of NA or EU, persistently for years. Is this on the priority list?OehtCmH.png

@"Sovereign.1093" said:discord has option to choose where your server is located which helps with the ping. can we have that integrated to wvw?I've mentioned having localised servers to "tunnel" through - most of the high pingers would have many routing issues dealt with bringing more crowds closer to the avg acceptable ping with some stability. Someone did mention to me before that they did try a somewhat similar solution but it was never clear what exactly they did or why it wasn't tested further. They should reconsider it again, for those with lower pings it won't do much (or can even increase their ping), but for those who have been having problems it can provide some stability and even shave off quite a significant amount of ms from their ping latency instead of how we are connecting currently. Even with packet overhead it will be better than what some of us are experiencing now.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:discord has option to choose where your server is located which helps with the ping. can we have that integrated to wvw?I've mentioned having localised servers to "tunnel" through - most of the high pingers would have many routing issues dealt with bringing more crowds closer to the avg acceptable ping with some stability. Someone did mention to me before that they did try a somewhat similar solution but it was never clear what exactly they did or why it wasn't tested further. They should reconsider it again, for those with lower pings it won't do much (or can even increase their ping), but for those who have been having problems it can provide some stability and even shave off quite a significant amount of ms from their ping latency instead of how we are connecting currently. Even with packet overhead it will be better than what some of us are experiencing now.

yes, and vpn shouldn't be an option. >3<

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Well we know teq has lag and they are fixing it so...

Yeap, Teq at daily reset is the worse.15 mins of lagfest and everything returns to normal once its dead.

Was referencing this (
) post.

It continues to amaze me.

lol, it is so sad it is actually funny