Astral weapons LUDICROUSLY out of cost balance

@ShadowHand.7063 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:And if the rewards were made to be easily obtainable by those with 1-2 hours a day then everyone else would quickly have nothing else to strive for. Fortunately there are existing rewards for those players.

woosh?also, not all rewards. I'm not going to be finishing all the astral, stellar and dragonblood weapons, 100% sure.But maybe vision ought to be a little more accessible, don't you think? it's not like making the legi is cheap

the kralk ore doesnt even bother me that much, although I think needing to do 2 rewards tracks per weapon is a bit much, just in terms of kralketite. But the rose quartz is going to be a nightmare...you need 500/weapon and at current price that's almost 20g per weapon...which at 6 weapons is about twice as much gold as I have right now...

plus just spent around 1.5h in istan... managed to farm 1 meteor and only because I waited it out in the astralarium.managed to get there too late for a couple more. Not fun

It’s an optional reward and possessing it has no impact on the game. Not all rewards have to cater to those with low play times. Legendaries have been known to be quite grindy.

the entire game is optional, what does that even mean? The point is precisely that not only is getting the legi very grindy but the barrier to get the precursor is very high too.

Do you think if players are rewarded you are catering to people with low play times? Do you think the game is better for forcing people to take more time to get things done? Don't you understand that it's artificially padding the game instead of creating meaningful content that people will want to replay? And that you're diminishing the enjoyment you get out of actually playing the game to artificially extend the length of it.

The astral weapons could be their own reward, they didn't need to also work as a gate for Vision. It could maybe even be 3 weapons or one.They could also maybe be dropped from reward tracks or traded.

The main take away is that this is not innocent and this type of thing really makes me hate the game sometimes.

Legendary= big grind and huge goldsink. Period. The quicker players realise this, the less frustrated they will be if and when they wanna make a legendary. You pay for a skin and the QoL of statswapping. If you dont care about statswapping, buying ascended trinkets is much faster and much, much less costly than making a precursor and a legendary. If you want the skin, pay up. You also mentioned you have 60 gold. Without any intention of being sarcastic or offensive, you shouldnt really be trying to make a legendary.

Legendary= big grind and huge goldsink. Period. The quicker players realise this, the less frustrated they will be if and when they wanna make a legendary. You pay for a skin and the QoL of statswapping. If you dont care about statswapping, buying ascended trinkets is much faster and much, much less costly than making a precursor and a legendary. If you want the skin, pay up. You also mentioned you have 60 gold. Without any intention of being sarcastic or offensive, you shouldnt really be trying to make a legendary.

problem is not the gold sink, it's the grindand it's one thing to have to make the money doing the content you want to doit's quite another to contrive a way for people to replay one of the worst aspects of the gamemost map currencies you can just slowly stock up by doing hearts or eventsnot this. Nop, you have to hang around doing nothing useful cause you get a 5 min window to farm 20-40 of the things every 15-20 mins (if you're lucky, I'm usually not)I mentioned the money because I don't have enough at the the momento to just buy my way out of thisand I'm low on money cause I'm readying to finish my legendary armor... so...again...I made an effort to explain precisely what my problem was, please be kind enough to pay attention when you read

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I’m not sure how “innocent” or not is even applicable here.

I know, it's almost as if you completely missed the point. On purpose

No. You threw in something that has nothing to do with the collection and then throw around “you’re missing the point” rather than counter the arguments.

I'm struggling to see which part has nothing to do with the collection because you quoted every one of them

@ShadowHand.7063 said:

I’m not sure how “innocent” or not is even applicable here.

I know, it's almost as if you completely missed the point. On purpose

No. You threw in something that has nothing to do with the collection and then throw around “you’re missing the point” rather than counter the arguments.

I'm struggling to see which part has nothing to do with the collection because you quoted every one of them

The whole “not innocent” thing...

• 2 months later...

For Vision I: Awakening, from the Istan map, 6 Astral weapons need to be crafted which takes 3060 kralkatite ore and 3000 powdered rose quartz. This is much higher than comparable weapons on other maps. Would it be possible for the ANet powers-that-be to reconsider the huge resource requirements for this step? Also, in the same vein, I long ago completed some achievements needed for the Corsair armor, but chose the wrong armor weight. Could this be addressed also?

• 3 months later...

This thread has not aged well with the (Powdered) Rose Quartz supply almost drying up haha.Rose Quartz supply is down to 2.4k and Powdered Rose Quartz is down to 52k, which basically means only 135 more weapons can be crafted with the current supply...And given you only get 30-60 Powdered Rose Quartz per meteorite, it will be an unreasonable grind just for some exotics.FYI: I already have Vision, it's just that I wanted to complete Stellar & Astral sets eventually.

@Phobia.9651 said:This thread has not aged well with the (Powdered) Rose Quartz supply almost drying up haha.Rose Quartz supply is down to 2.4k and Powdered Rose Quartz is down to 52k, which basically means only 135 more weapons can be crafted with the current supply...And given you only get 30-60 Powdered Rose Quartz per meteorite, it will be an unreasonable grind just for some exotics.FYI: I already have Vision, it's just that I wanted to complete Stellar & Astral sets eventually.

You only need six for the trinket collection. If you're a completionist and need every skin, most of which you'll probably never use, then yes, you should expect to grind. Going off solely sell listing is inaccurate because you're not accounting for incoming supply and turnover.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Phobia.9651 said:This thread has not aged well with the (Powdered) Rose Quartz supply almost drying up haha.Rose Quartz supply is down to 2.4k and Powdered Rose Quartz is down to 52k, which basically means only 135 more weapons can be crafted with the current supply...And given you only get 30-60 Powdered Rose Quartz per meteorite, it will be an unreasonable grind just for some exotics.FYI: I already have Vision, it's just that I wanted to complete Stellar & Astral sets eventually.

You only need six for the trinket collection. If you're a completionist and need every skin, most of which you'll probably never use, then yes, you should expect to grind. Going off solely sell listing is inaccurate because you're not accounting for incoming supply and turnover.

I am pretty sure lots of people have multiple stacks of rose quartz hoarded.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:You only need six for the trinket collection. If you're a completionist and need every skin, most of which you'll probably never use, then yes, you should expect to grind. Going off solely sell listing is inaccurate because you're not accounting for incoming supply and turnover.

My point is that the cost of Stellar & Astral weapons is only going up as time goes by. The OP found the effort/cost unreasonable when (Powdered) Rose Quartz was "dirtcheap", and look at it now.

@Phobia.9651 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:You only need six for the trinket collection. If you're a completionist and need every skin, most of which you'll probably never use, then yes, you should expect to grind. Going off solely sell listing is inaccurate because you're not accounting for incoming supply and turnover.

My point is that the cost of Stellar & Astral weapons is only going up as time goes by. The OP found the effort/cost unreasonable when (Powdered) Rose Quartz was "dirtcheap", and look at it now.

Skins that are only required for a legendary trinket collection or someone that is a completionist who most likely won't even use the skins at all. For someone that happens to like a skin or two for their character, it's not unreasonable.

If the cost of the carnival weapon skins suddenly increased, would you care? Please be honest.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Skins that are only required for a legendary trinket collection or someone that is a completionist who most likely won't even use the skins at all. For someone that happens to like a skin or two for their character, it's not unreasonable.

I actually plan to use the Stellar skins on one of my mesmers. Just because you're not a completionist or collector doesn't invalidate the fact that Astral weapons are outrageously priced for exotic weapons with unfavourable stats. For the Stellar weapons a case could be made that the price and time/effort requirement is justified as they are ascended.

If the cost of the carnival weapon skins suddenly increased, would you care? Please be honest.

Yes, I would care on principle alone. The Carnival weapons, just like the Bloodbound weapons in the past, were a sad joke meant only to remove gold from the economy.