Why Swiss tourneys? Need new pvp game modes.

Clipzy.9483

Why are they pushing Swiss tourneys so hard (supposedly that is) over pushing new game modes inIdk about everyone else but I don’t participate even in the regular automated tournaments because I don’t usually get on at the right time and by the time I ever see any happening I don’t have much time left to be online.I feel many people possibly have the same issues I have with this.Why can’t they just add new game modes instead to this game over just giving us a rehashed version of the same game mode in a new format.

Because the main gamemode is the definitive one..?

Or to put it into their words: "We prefer to give players the option to make it themselves"

A gamemode won't fix any of the underlying issues, but having a solid foundation in form of Swiss Tournaments can certainly do it's one two thing.

Also part of the reason they're planning to have 2v2s and other tournaments in off season.

@"Blocki.4931" said:Because the main gamemode is the definitive one..?

Or to put it into their words: "We prefer to give players the option to make it themselves"

A gamemode won't fix any of the underlying issues, but having a solid foundation in form of Swiss Tournaments can certainly do it's one two thing.

Also part of the reason they're planning to have 2v2s and other tournaments in off season.

I dunno about that. I think many of the problems if not all of the problems being complained about, are due to "5v5 conquest". The population is no longer large enough to make this work realistically, for every single reason that we see players complaining about every day in this forum. I still love it in ATs, when it is played the way it was intended to be played, with organized 5 man teams. That feels good still. But 5v5 conquest is really bad in solo/duo ranked nowadays, for several reasons.

If there is even a shred of care left for spvp on Arenanet's part, they need to devise a new game mode that either requires less players to participate "which would enhance the match maker's purpose again" or a game mode that involves SO MANY players, that it would balance out, say something like Fort Aspenwood or Jade Quarry from GW1. An important thing to point out about game modes that allow many many players, is that flat out bad players don't feel so bad in a game mode like that. WvW is a great example. Silver 3 players can sort of "hang out or hide out" mid zerg and feel like they are getting something done for awhile before their team gets wiped. This feels a lot less sweaty for new or casual players than getting their ass busted in a 1v1 on a side node every time they respawn. At the least, give a 3v3 conquest beta season a spin. See if people like it. The match maker could potentially do its job again with a 3v3 conquest.

Just thoughts. Either way, 5v5 glicko based conquest is simply just a rough ride at this point. Nothing feels good about it anymore.