[Poll] Weapon for the next Revenant Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:Can we not Necro year long dead threads? People’s opinions change, like I don’t even want GS anymore

Uhm.. I think it's still relevant. I'm a 'returning player', playing approximately a month and playing renegade. I'm enjoying it thus i searched for revenant related topic regarding new spec/weapon. Enjoying it much thus, my first post in this forum :)

Well, we already have 2 Elite Specs that are Girl-power race saviors.

I want something evil and dark. Someone that could be either negative or neutral.

A mursaat, jotun, Svanir, Razah, tengu, kodan. Even Krait, but that would work with UO Expac.Enough with the anime edgy GS.I'd go for GS if it was a guaranteed support weapon, so it's not a copy-paste.

If we get another Legend that is completely out of place, is kitten and has nothing to do with the current game events Glint will remain the only one who makes some kind of sense.

• 2 weeks later...

@IDKismyname.4520 said:

@otto.5684 said:It is very unlikely that the next weapon will be a melee weapon. The most probably is mid ranged power weapon

Seeing as how Revenant already has a couple of examples of "going against the norm" with weapons, they may as well use GS as a mid ranged power weapon, or scepter as a power melee for all I can say.

Examples:-Staves are generally conceived as ranged magic weapon (Ele, Guard, Mesmer, Druid, Necro vs only Daredevil using it as a melee weapon aside from Rev)-Axes are mostly depicted as a power weapon (Necro, Ranger, Warrior vs Firebrand and Mirage being added recently to use axe as a condition weapon alongside Rev)-Maces have been a slow, but strong and sturdy semi-defensive power weapon (Guard, Warrior vs Rev using Maces as fast-hitting condition stacker)-Hammers have been melee for all classes that use them (Guard, Warrior, Scrapper vs Rev)

*EDIT: I also forgot to mention that Mesmers use GS as a long-range weapon.

nah Scepter is a 1 hander. We need a Power DPS 2 hander melee weapon.Dont need another ranged 2 hander weapon since we got Shortbow last elite spec.

• 5 months later...

I hope for Greatsword, but not JUST that. We do not just need a GS for the sake of GS, but a power DPS focused viable elite spec. Right now, we either have condi dps, or some support roles, outside of which the class is absolutely not wanted in any game modes. We need a spec that does decent power dps and is desirable in raids and high lvl PVE content (it would be a dream if it was viable for PVP also, but me being a mostly PVE player, I am obviously biased towards it).So, something like a group wide buffs outside of normal boons (like spirits or banners for instance), or even a new kind of boon that we bring to the table (like it was the case with alacrity and chrono).So, yes, I am hoping the devs give us the fantasy (GS) along with a desirable overall usefulness.Literally all my fingers crossed.