do you want more viable game modes?

Stand The Wall.6987

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Obviously not.The PvP player base already is a joke size.What we need is not more modes that just shrink the player by dividing it across more modes.We need proper balance, better matchmaking and downsides to duo-queueing.

so you didn't read the op but only the thread title... lol.

It's not some simple fixes that PvP needs, it's massive changes to the balance, which Arenanet has proven again and again not to do.After years of neglect, I doubt it'll ever revitalize.

I agree 100%, tho I still voted with yes since I think we shouldn't treat the forums like a priority list. Not every suggestion should be implemented immediately.While I also think we need a massive overhaul to a lot of things regarding sPvP (not only balance but also match making, the rating system, queues, etc) I also think that reworking the other existing - yet not played - game modes should be somewhere on Anet's implementation list.And making more game modes viable would certainly not hurt the playerbase, it would probably lure in those ppl who don't want to play conquest. Anet's top priority should without a question still be to make PvP in general more enjoyable but yea.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:jeez zero reading comprehension.

Not sure if ur directing that to me but I comprehend what ur saying just fine I'm just saying it won't happen. Did a anet dev not just say in a interview conquest will be their focus? Conquest will get minor changes that equate to nothing and the rest if the modes will be ignored. Pve will get its LS content and they'll be new mounts and skins. Lastly there will be minor tweaks to numbers and the odd trait changes here and there that will confuse people as to why they were changed or why they were changed the way they were were lol the meta will stay the same and the game will somehow become more of a spam clown fiesta.As much as a revitalization to the game modes would be great, as well as new modes (7 yrs lmao) they cant even flesh out the pvp modes they've had for almost a decade so good luck lol.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Mandatory.6590 said:Play other games for pvp.

This game will die a slow death without PvP. Enjoy it, cause that's where it's headed.

Actually PvPers in this game, according to an Anet dev, only represent about 10% of the population. If you think PvP is keeping this game alive, or has ever amounted to more than just another activity, I'm not sure what to tell you. This game has always been centered on PvE content. From day one.

I'll be honest, I played a lot of the less structured PvP in GW1 like Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry, and I would love to see things like that come back. Frankly, Stronghold appeared to resemble Fort Aspenwood at first, but... it just wasn't and I'm still sad about that....

But even things like Alliance Battles from GW1 could be cool, it's like a mid-scale PvP on a slightly larger map that emphasizes breaking up into smaller groups to assault/capture multiple objectives. GvG using an "assault the lord" style idea for Guild Halls could do very well with the large GHs we have now. Just throwing stuff out there for thought.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Actually PvPers in this game, according to an Anet dev, only represent about 10% of the population.

How many of these 10% actually play the mode for the PvP part though?They probably also included people like me, who do one match per day to try and do the dailies for rewards.

@Vayne.8563 said:Actually PvPers in this game, according to an Anet dev, only represent about 10% of the population.

How many of these 10% actually play the mode for the PvP part though?They probably also included people like me, who do one match per day to try and do the dailies for rewards.

I think they were talking about 10% of people who were predominantly PvP.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Mandatory.6590 said:Play other games for pvp.

This game will die a slow death without PvP. Enjoy it, cause that's where it's headed.

Actually PvPers in this game, according to an Anet dev, only represent about 10% of the population. If you think PvP is keeping this game alive, or has ever amounted to more than just another activity, I'm not sure what to tell you. This game has always been centered on PvE content. From day one.

Disagree.

@Fueki.4753 said:Obviously not.The PvP player base already is a joke size.What we need is not more modes that just shrink the player by dividing it across more modes.We need proper balance, better matchmaking and downsides to duo-queueing.

balance? Absolute balance can never be done.The fun of GW lies in the rich skill set, players can try a variety of different new BD. Although GW is not so balanced.However, the GW2 mode is single, and the balance is limiting the fun of the game. In fact, the elite nature of POF can blow up HOT, which is called balance.

Most players want fun, not professional players.

@"alberte.2685" said:>Most players want fun, not professional players.And there is the problem.People don't have fun when the builds they consider fun get dominated by the "meta" builds.What the point in the variety, if the choice viable builds is reduced to little more than a handful?

@Vayne.8563 said:

I think they were talking about 10% of people who were predominantly PvP.

I'm actually really surprised by 10% tbh. Expected a much smaller percentage. I mean.. sPvP is a 5v5 only game mode, not like WvW where you have entire guilds zerging around or PvE with raid guilds and stuff.Especially if it's true that 10% predominantly play sPvP.I mean.. I guess nobody really expects an MMO to have 50% pvp players right? At least I don't.. so 10% is actually a lot from my point of view. Even if it includes casuals it's not as bad as I thought tbh.But.. could as well just prove that GW2 in general isn't that popular anymore? Even tho it's still on pretty much every top3 / top5 list and definitely one of the best mmos - if not even the best out there.