Aesthetically pleasing, yet uncommon, race for Revenant?

Odokuro.5049

Trying to find a race to make my Rev, that isn't the common or "Go-to", race for this class/spec, that still has the Rev feel to it. So far I am very much considering Sylvari for it, it's not a common choice for one, and two, the race itself has a glow to go along with the color swirl the class has around the hand/forearm.

I'd say it depends on the role you want to play.If you go healer i suggest sylvari since they were taught by Ventari so having his tablet makes a lot of lore sense.For other roles there is less of a lore conection but I like human for pdps since you will be using Shiro a lot and charr for condi (blood legion female for extra lore points).No other stance has any connection to specific races so thats all i got.

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:Lots of human, asura and sylvari revenants running around. Yet I rarely find charr, go for charr I'd say. Fits your thread title pretty well

I see more Charr Revenants than anything other that's not human.I can't even remember having seen a single Norn revenant, despite their culture being based on legends and becoming a legend.

• Like 1

Sylvari is in a rare sight for me, but seeing how next season/saga is heading to i would say make a charr or norn for extra/changes in some dialogues during the story, just like the sylvari during HoT and human or some other races during PoF and LW. I reroll a charr rev the other day my self :) . Well ofc you can pick whatever if story is not your favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Odokuro.5049" said:Trying to find a race to make my Rev, that isn't the common or "Go-to", race for this class/spec, that still has the Rev feel to it. So far I am very much considering Sylvari for it, it's not a common choice for one, and two, the race itself has a glow to go along with the color swirl the class has around the hand/forearm.

The answer is Asura.The answer is always Asura.

I went human because Gw1.

Definition of a Revenant is someone who has returned, usually from the dead.So I used that as an excuse to revive my main Gw1 character (Necromancer) in Gw2 as a Revenant.I run a high torment Condi Hybrid build on it so the conversations with Mallx are equally satisfying considering from my personal gameplay lore my Revenant in Gw2 was part of the group that killed him in Gw1, additional salt in the wound.

@aceofbass.2163 said:

Definition of a Revenant is someone who has returned, usually from the dead.

Not really. Rev has nothing to do with returning back from dead

you might need a dictionary

You are right, in the dictionary that is certainly what it means. I have never seen any other meaning. Maybe in GW2 it does not?

My revenent is Charr but he is also almost never played. I found it a boring class to play. Just not my cup of tea (and besides I do not like). :)

@aceofbass.2163 said:

Not in GW2. It also means someone returning back after long absence which was the case with Rytlock as he has never died so he couldnt return back from the dead. Sorry to break it to you

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Not in GW2. It also means someone returning back after long absence which was the case with Rytlock as he has never died so he couldnt return back from the dead. Sorry to break it to you

True he never died, but he did return from the mists which is a place that technically functions in part as an afterlife.He also returned with the ability to commune with dead beings who exist in their afterlife there as well as other powers which involve channeling the mists.He also learned these new abilities from the deceased Glint, who is also one of the beings he is able to commune with.

He may not have died himself but all the power a Revenant has access to comes from a place of the dead, it's a pretty cool class concept imo.As a big fan of Necromancy in the Guildwars universe the Revenant was a very welcome addition to the game.

@"Teratus.2859" said:True he never died, but he did return from the mists which is a place that technically functions in part as an afterlife.The key part here is "returned from the dead" part of the Revenant definition.Rytlock indeed came back from the dead.

He also returned with the ability to commune with dead beings who exist in their afterlife there as well as other powers which involve channeling the mists.He also learned these new abilities from the deceased Glint, who is also one of the beings he is able to commune with.Technically, GW2 Revenants channel the imprints/memories of these beings that reside in the Mists. Revenants don't channel the beings themselves.That's why I think the Revenants talking with the legends doesn't really fit with the profession "lore".

@"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:Lots of human, asura and sylvari revenants running around. Yet I rarely find charr, go for charr I'd say. Fits your thread title pretty well

Charr is statistically the least chosen race, and Female charr even rarer. I forget exactly, but I recall something saying the class pairing for Charr was Guard and Warrior at the top, and Thief being somewhere near the bottom.

For Rev specifically, this was the best I could find in terms of surveys...

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=229862ACEE25D37!119&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!AE5ttnPazXmTewY

Asura Revs came up as the most rare... and I kind of anecdotally agree. The Sylvari Rev numbers I think got inflated partially due to HOT's release, since Rev was added with that expansion, and there was a lot of talk about Sylvari having unique story aspects. Its precisely what motivated me to make my Rev sylvari since I was making a new character anyway, and didn't have one yet.

• Thanks 1