Survivable Longbow Soulbeast build

ChinaCat.6213

Hola.I just fully unlocked soulbeast and wanted to take it for a spin.I run core Ranger now but I wanted to try an run a longbow Soulbeast ranger that has good survivability.Does anyone know a good build for that?I mainly do solo open world and story.I haven't tried fractuals,raids,pvp or even WvW.I wouldn't mind a build that could survive it all but I'll just be great ful for open world damage and survivability with a longbow.

• 2 weeks later...

Cellofrag published this video a few days ago:

I'm new to Ranger and also recently unlocked Soulbeast & Druid. I used it as the inspiration to try this current test with SB for open world - all stances and using Iboga & Jacaranda. I like Iboga's ranged attacks, and poisons seems a nice touch. Melee is still kinda squishy, but moa & dolyak stances help. Runes are still uncertain...Infiltration, Pack or Traveler are others I'm considering.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POlAMFlZwkYRsHmJO0P7P3SOXcA-zRIYRUxfERoCU6A-e

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:Cellofrag published this video a few days ago:

I'm new to Ranger and also recently unlocked Soulbeast & Druid. I used it as the inspiration to try this current test with SB for open world - all stances and using Iboga & Jacaranda. I like Iboga's ranged attacks, and poisons seems a nice touch. Melee is still kinda squishy, but moa & dolyak stances help. Runes are still uncertain...Infiltration, Pack or Traveler are others I'm considering.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POlAMFlZwkYRsHmJO0P7P3SOXcA-zRIYRUxfERoCU6A-e

Sorry dude that seems like a pretty weak build, if you want full dps go full zerk scholar MM BM SB. Long bow gs youll kill everything before it can even get to you in pve. If you struggle with that switch MM for Survival for the sustain. You dont want to focus on any condition damage since in this game going hybrid for anything other than certain wvw builds really weakens you. You have to go all in on condi or all in on power its just way damage scales in this game.

Also going a full power focus will help you should you try pvping since youll be using simular rotations as condi ranger is really subpar in pvp (I could explain why if you want but its gunna be a wall of text)

Also BM is a must as it not only improves your base stats but also increases movement speed when merged (basically free traveler runes)

This Cellofrag build is definitely not optimal. Meta is WS/BM/SB. It's got solid survivability. .. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMFlFw6YgsHGKeaXrv7SkeRA-z5gXIZWBRnAtHCaMAThis is way more Meta for PvP and pretty much anything with a tanky pet (like pig) works in PvE. You can even run Stone over Sic Em, and Paladins if you want. Rune is whatever.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@Eleazar.9478 said:Also going a full power focus will help you should you try pvping since youll be using simular rotations as condi ranger is really subpar in pvp (I could explain why if you want but its gunna be a wall of text)

No interest in pvp; also, the OP was asking about open world & LS.

Yup this build does it. Just saying the rotations for also works in other game modes too should any of you want to eventually try the other content. Open world and LS are the easiest of the content. So playing optimally now will prep you for the harder stuff when you progress as a player.

(Also i can understand the not interested in pvp as its pretty toxic atm and the current meta is pretty poorly done as its too spammy, fulll of skill bloat this all creates a very aggravating and hard tl read environment.

on that note it looks like anet as a legit balance team now so in a few months it may get better. Which is a shame since gw2 has incredible base combat system)

You could rely on a rune that stealths with traps, together with your stealth for longbow.Wielding longbow requires you to trait your character in complicated ways.If survivability is a common issue, I reccomend choosing gear with stats like power-toughness/vitalityA rune of durability is available in Auric Basin and really helps any class even in WvW zergs.

Do some research about food and util effects, also runes obtainable from dungeons (currency) will keep you alive.While gearing up with a longbow it's a shame longbow doesn't know any evades or retaliation but static power and a pretty lousy stealth.But combining skillcombo's knowing what your team is doing, where to support wether its mid or far, and keeping your focus high instead of asuming you will kill anything.That counts for any class I guess. In PvE it's just nasty to be surrounded by a zerg of pocket raptors and all you can do is barrage them and you'd still die if you don't wield a secondary melee weapon with aoe like axe. But LB does enough damage if traited in markmanship the only way it can be. piercing and damage over distance.

Personaly I change my traits with whoever I play based on my build of team (fractals or tournaments - doesn't matter)But then again I don't like longbow because the arrow is so sloooow.