The amount of bots in PvP is getting out of hand..

Vegeta.2563

How dare you. Bots are people too (the one that programs them). Sadly no one at the company cares. Especially when the player community has pointed out there are bots that play 3,000+ games a season. Still they dont care.

If you try to take ranked or pvp in general as competitive play then you will only be let down. Bots and wintrading basement trolls are what run the ranked cesspool these days.

There's no competitive scene like there was pre HoT or even seasons 1-4. Gw1 is more competitive then gw2 lol

I had 2 bots in game today on my alt account and we lost 450-500. I'm amazed at how capable these bots are.It's ridiculous how common it's getting. I was doing placements so I've got no idea what tier it was.I really think that Anet needs to come out and accept this failure at least and show us some light to get this resolved.

@BadMed.3846 said:I had 2 bots in game today on my alt account and we lost 450-500. I'm amazed at how capable these bots are.It's ridiculous how common it's getting. I was doing placements so I've got no idea what tier it was.I really think that Anet needs to come out and accept this failure at least and show us some light to get this resolved.

If you lost with a bot in the enemy team you deserved it.

@Widmo.3186 said:Why am I not surprised that bot is playing Mirage :)

They're always going to choose the builds that require the least amount of thinking or reactions. As much as people complain about yolosmith, you do have to have decent reactions and decent timing to have the most impact. Bots lack a sense of timing and smart reactions.

It wouldn't be surprising to see one playing a pre-nerf scrapper because it also doesn't require that much thought. But pre-nerf scrappers couldn't capture much either.

@FOX.3582 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:I had 2 bots in game today on my alt account and we lost 450-500. I'm amazed at how capable these bots are.It's ridiculous how common it's getting. I was doing placements so I've got no idea what tier it was.I really think that Anet needs to come out and accept this failure at least and show us some light to get this resolved.

Not necessarily. I've seen bots in games in core GW2, and they tend to stack up together -- they actively zerg together. For players who like to go alone, this can be dangerous. But if you realize they're bots, you can pull them around the map and mitigate their threat, as the original clip shows. This is slightly harder in the older maps that had fewer jumping puzzles.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

They're always going to choose the builds that require the least amount of thinking or reactions. As much as people complain about yolosmith, you do have to have decent reactions and decent timing to have the most impact. Bots lack a sense of timing and smart reactions.

Bots play scrapper, havent you see the scrapper bot bunker build that takes two to kill? and it just mindless goes far and attract people wasting time. it's doing more then most gold players.

@FOX.3582 said:

That's just nonsense. A bot is bad for the game either way. The two bots were on my team. Yet we got so close in the end. That in itself is ridiculous and highlights the issue that the bots are too smart.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

That's just nonsense. A bot is bad for the game either way. The two bots were on my team. Yet we got so close in the end. That in itself is ridiculous and highlights the issue that the bots are too smart.

Your enemy team just sucked. And yes, bots are indeed bad for this game, we all know that.

@raistlinx.4906 said:To be fair, I've had players that I thought were bots and turned out not to be. I don't doubt there are bots because I have seen them get 'stuck' etc. But I'm not sure we don't often label players who don't speak or respond as bots.

That are attended bots, few seasons ago ,mid season player with 1500+ games, geting stuck etc, when i sayed in map chat that he is a bot they start speaking and changed to manual drive

I cant stop thinking that the bot thing is an excuse for not doing better, something to blame for that. Even in matches there will be complaints about team being bots if it doesnt go well. I think i play enough to notice if there are bots, but i cant see anything obvious. At least not to the extent suggested in this thread.

@Lighter.5631 said:

Bots play scrapper, havent you see the scrapper bot bunker build that takes two to kill? and it just mindless goes far and attract people wasting time. it's doing more then most gold players.

Scrappers and scourges seem to be the 'bot-go-to'. There were more than A BUNCH last night. Ridiculous.

@TheMaverick.6104 said:I cant stop thinking that the bot thing is an excuse for not doing better, something to blame for that. Even in matches there will be complaints about team being bots if it doesnt go well. I think i play enough to notice if there are bots, but i cant see anything obvious. At least not to the extent suggested in this thread.

Got one in my friends list with over 1k games. It's a mesmer which runs both condi signets, it's running signets so it can just sit on you and do dps rotations. It's rotations are so perfect it's actually in gold 2. The thing does not stop moving for the entire game, it does not talk either. So I was in a match with a few plat players and we just could not carry it, eventually we all gave up and it repeatedly ran out of the gate to close and suicided right up until the very last second of the game. To fight against it you quite simply evade perfectly and cc and burst the hell out of it and you win every time. Some players are trying to fight it defensively which means they lose because it is permanently doing dps rotations, no blink or moving away or anything, you just have to burst it down fast. They are out there.