Necro build for Open World PvE and dungeons.

Antycypator.9874

Hello there,I want to play more necro, but the problem is: necro feels boring, especialy reaper. Just hit F1 and 4 to kill everything. I tried some builds but necro is the only one class I can't create something fun. Scourge is too slow and I don't like aiming these shades everywhere.I think it's time to play core necro. Honestly I haven't played core necro because I boosted my character to 80lvl and went to reaper.Do you have any... non-meta fun builds that will allow me to survive everywhere? I like to solo champs, groups events, clean dungeons only by myself. Can be condi, can be power, but not minionmaster. (I hate these ugly things). So, survivability is important (probably it would require Blood Magic).

Oh, and don't send me The Strongest Build In The Universe by Lord Hizen. I tried it. Not bad.

I can never understand people who find Reaper boring, I find it such an awesome spec, but hey everyone has their own style.

If you want a tanky power build I would recommend:Power - going full marauders with spite (1-2-2), blood magic (1/3-3-1) and soul reaping (1-1-2). Dagger MH with Warhorn for melee setup and Axe with Focus for ranged. Take Signet of Vampirism/Well of Blood, Well of Suffering, Spectral Armor, Signet of Spite and Lich Form. Superior Runes of Vampirism can help with survivability if you kill a lot of trash mobs while out of shroud. Superior sigils of accuracy/bloodlust and force.

Condi - going full trailblazer with curses (2-1-2[or 3 if you want more damage]), Blood Magic (3-3-3) and soul reaping (1-1-3). Scepter and dagger OH with staff for back up. Signet of Vampirism, Corrosive Poison Cloud, Blood is Power, Spectral Ring/Spectral Armor/Epidemic, Plaguelands. Superior Runes of the Lich will be good for this. Superior sigils of bursting and malice.Made it difficult for yourself with the no minions thing because that's where the true necro tankiness comes from. They take aggro from you and when specced take condis from you.

@Methuselah.4376 said:I can never understand people who find Reaper boring, I find it such an awesome spec, but hey everyone has their own style.

If you want a tanky power build I would recommend:Power - going full marauders with spite (1-2-2), blood magic (1/3-3-1) and soul reaping (1-1-2). Dagger MH with Warhorn for melee setup and Axe with Focus for ranged. Take Signet of Vampirism/Well of Blood, Well of Suffering, Spectral Armor, Signet of Spite and Lich Form. Superior Runes of Vampirism can help with survivability if you kill a lot of trash mobs while out of shroud. Superior sigils of accuracy/bloodlust and force.

Your power build is much better than condi, but it's only my subjective opinion. I tested both. Damage output from condi necro isn't satysfying, feels like nothing. Yea, it's possible to create super tanky necro with 30k hp. Carrion gear = more damage per tick, condis are already long enough to play without expertise in open world.

@"Tsan.6431" said:Condi build

In/out death shroud trigger sigil of geomancyPower (and boring) buld

Lest see... condi build with traits for power (Spite): Might with more power and less condi damage. 10% damage increase doesn't affect condi builds, same thing with Soul Barbs. Well of Suffering is for power, not condi.

You power build has Dhuumfire trait instead of Death Perception, which is useless here.

• you can't just play without a stun breaker, because if you get CCd, you will die. Try it in TA.

@Antycypator.9874 said:Lest see... condi build with traits for power (Spite): Might with more power and less condi damage. 10% damage increase doesn't affect condi builds, same thing with Soul Barbs. Well of Suffering is for power, not condi.

Spite :Might : +30 condi damage <= hello guyz !Gain might entering shroud & boons convertion, F1, strike foes under 50% ... it's for power really ?

+10% damage ... you never strike an foes ? You kill them with your sarcasm ? With vipers stuff it's obvious to play hybrid ... .... ...

You power build has Dhuumfire trait instead of Death Perception, which is useless here.

• you can't just play without a stun breaker, because if you get CCd, you will die. Try it in TA.

So, you don't want a metabuild but you want the meta-specialization ... are you a troll ?

Die with a single CCd ? With a shroud & life bar ... interessing. Try to attack foes : it's the best way to not die.

@Tsan.6431 said:

@"Antycypator.9874" said:Lest see... condi build with traits for power (Spite): Might with more power and less condi damage. 10% damage increase doesn't affect condi builds, same thing with Soul Barbs. Well of Suffering is for power, not condi.

Spite :Might : +30 condi damage <= hello guyz !Gain might entering shroud & boons convertion, F1, strike foes under 50% ... it's for power really ?

+10% damage ... you never strike an foes ? You kill them with your sarcasm ? With vipers stuff it's obvious to play hybrid ... .... ...

So, you don't want a metabuild but you want the meta-specialization ... are you a troll ?

Die with a single CCd ? With a shroud & life bar ... interessing. Try to attack foes : it's the best way to not die.

By "non-meta" I mean not glass cannon but everything should be useful.Try to do any bounty or lege bounty solo, group event with champs and lot of adds. Attacking it is the best way to not die, but many players don't remember about enemies that can't be killed in 1 skill.

@"Antycypator.9874" said:Scourge is too slow and I don't like aiming these shades everywhere.

Not sure I agree. Try playing Power Scourge with Fireworks Runes and Sand Savant. Only 1 shade to target, 25% movement speed, and you will insta-evaporate pretty much everything in Core Tyria before you hit Orr. Once in HoT / PoF, you'll have passive condi removal and barrier generation.

Sustained DPS of this build is poor, so don't take it into fractals, and Champs might be easier on condi build, but to burst down your average ow mob, I would never characterize it as 'slow'.

Marauder gear for extra tankiness and LFEasy to hit crit capLots of choices in trait swapping to address condition removal, LF generation, boon corrupt/removalCan use Staff for tagging, run some Diviners for boon duration, etcFlesh golem to tankCC = stupid easy with Golem + warhorn + fearNecrotic Grasp if you want to group up stuff.You can run Torch over Focus, I just happen to prefer Focus because I have Ipos, and Fashion Wars trumps DPS Wars.

I honestly feel it's almost ezmode for anything in OW but solo Champ farming. Scourge is way more versatile than many people give it credit for.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwEcsNssB2D7gdxGxR6K9VB-zRRYBRLIG+DpJhQESgKUAKeA-e

I can see how it would be boring for some. Having played MMOs now for over a decade, I realize that play-styles are as unique as each personality. I think that's why I love it so much, because I get to see other people's take on a system and how they tweak it in such a way to make it theirs. Keep trying, is all I have to say. You'll find the right combo. Unfortunately, I'm not that creative, so I stuck with Scourge and I love this spec. In fact, it's what keeps me playing GW2 when The-Other-MMO-That-Cannot-Be-Mentioned keeps trying to draw me back.