• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:I wanted to share an update about the issues that some of you have had with the Mac client and MacOS Catalina: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/87330/mac-users-issues-with-the-current-guild-wars-2-client-under-macos-catalina/p1?new=1

Thank you! =) Finally some communication and confirmation that the issue is going to be fixed! PRAISE JOKO!

@Sonicbug.7341 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:Again, why are they posting this stuff elsewhere and not in the thread they were sending everyone to?

Because not every common player is going to automatically check an ancient thread. Those other threads are in the announcement section where more players will see it.Anyway, thanks for the update ANET. It's appreciated.

So where should we post? Whenever someone has an issue on a mac they are directed to this thread. There used to be a whole subboard for the mac but they squeezed it into 1 thread now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm a new Mac user, and trying to download the game. I downloaded GW2setup-64.dmg. I'm using safari, and my MacBook Pro is on Mojave. When I double click the GW2setup-64.dmg file, a window comes up with a graphic for Guild Wars 2 64-bit.app then a strange arrow pointing right to a graphic of the Applications folder. If I click the GW2 graphic, the download screen briefly splashes, but goes away. Can anyone help me out with why it goes away immediately and doesn't start to download?

@van.2938 said:Hi everyone, I'm a new Mac user, and trying to download the game. I downloaded GW2setup-64.dmg. I'm using safari, and my MacBook Pro is on Mojave. When I double click the GW2setup-64.dmg file, a window comes up with a graphic for Guild Wars 2 64-bit.app then a strange arrow pointing right to a graphic of the Applications folder. If I click the GW2 graphic, the download screen briefly splashes, but goes away. Can anyone help me out with why it goes away immediately and doesn't start to download?

It is not an installer and you can not run it from there. Drag the GW2 icon to the application folder icon. Then click on the version you copied to the application folder.

Does anyone else have awful stuttering and pop-in trying to play this game? Some later areas in the game such as the Crystal Desert are nearly (but not actually) unplayable because of the sheer time it takes for the game to catch up and load things in. For some reason choosing different graphical settings doesn't affect it one bit.

My system is:Mac Pro 5,1macOS Mojave 10.14.6Intel Xeon W3690 @ 3.46GHz (+Boost)24GB ECC DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHzAMD Radeon RX 480 4GB VRAMGW2 is installed on: ADATA XPG 500GB NVMe stick (Installed in a PCI-E x4 slot)

Going from an SATA 3 SSD to an NVMe card didn't help it one bit. Character or environment settings set high or low, it's like its not even trying to use all of the RAM available. or VRAM, or even the full throughput of the NVMe card. Resolution or closing other apps doesn't affect it either, it's been like this for months.It might also be a side effect of the single-threaded / single-core game engine, but I can only get 17 or less FPS in crowded areas when its like this, but its capable of going 30-60 as soon as I turn the camera away.

Not working..!

No idea how to post an image. Took a screenshot. Basically,

"Guild Wars 2 64-bit" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Bugs since updating to official release Catalina yesterday. Game freezes so when i try to force quit, the game unfreezes. Soon as I escape from the screen thinking that it is working (not force quitting), it freezes again. Got my dailies done by having the force quit panel open lol. Also getting graphical glitches like someone posted looking like a rectangular checker board.

@"Vork.6019" said:Not working..!

No idea how to post an image. Took a screenshot. Basically,

"Guild Wars 2 64-bit" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Doh! I can not upgrade my OS yet (work SW on all my machines that is still in testing for Catalina) but it sounds like they just recompiled for 64 bit and did not actually test it. Apple (as usual) tightened the screws on security once again. There might be an option in the system preferences to allow unidentified developers or unsigned apps.