Increase squad size

Kirnale.5914

Is there any reason the squad size needs to be limited at 50? Couldn't it be incresed to 60 or 70? I have been wondering about that for a while. More than often our commanders gets more than 50 zerglings, especially on reset fridays. Other people, even with correct build and skills, can't get in and have to live without support, heals, etc.I would say the same problem persist in PvE too, but strangely, no one have questioned it, or at least not that I am aware of.

With hidden tags it's pretty easy to extend squads. It may not be exactly the same thing as one person being able to organize everything but it is close enough, close enough to not warrant unecessary design work and the mode is already suffering from issues related to too few people being relied on to do too much. Making it easier to herd cats may not be better for the mode at this point. If there aren't enough shepherds any accessability change should at least consider if it will make them even more scarce or if improvements to flock tendering will make it more appealing to herd them.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:If you have that many, why doesn’t your server form another squad?

And try to hit other areas by coordinating with the other commander?

We actually do, but the smaller squad doesn't see squad marks. The moral is also much lower, people tend to leave much faster and look for other maps where they can join the main squad. It's really not quite the same as if it's a run with a guild.New players on the map also won't see the second tag if we hide it. If we show the second tag, then some people find it disturbing in a fight.

@Kirnale.5914 said:Is there any reason the squad size needs to be limited at 50? Couldn't it be incresed to 60 or 70? I have been wondering about that for a while. More than often our commanders gets more than 50 zerglings, especially on reset fridays. Other people, even with correct build and skills, can't get in and have to live without support, heals, etc.I would say the same problem persist in PvE too, but strangely, no one have questioned it, or at least not that I am aware of.

max size of pop in map imo.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Kirnale.5914 said:Is there any reason the squad size needs to be limited at 50? Couldn't it be incresed to 60 or 70? I have been wondering about that for a while. More than often our commanders gets more than 50 zerglings, especially on reset fridays. Other people, even with correct build and skills, can't get in and have to live without support, heals, etc.I would say the same problem persist in PvE too, but strangely, no one have questioned it, or at least not that I am aware of.

Pretty much this.

The real reason is most likely that ANet doesn't want us to find out how many players from a single server can truly fit on a map if everyone joins squad then compare it to another server (though I highly doubt such a mass of players would be willing to work together for a simple number count). Imagine the babyrage if server x could fit 10 more players on the map than server y... lul

@Zephyra.4709 said:

Pretty much this.

The real reason is most likely that ANet doesn't want us to find out how many players from a single server can truly fit on a map if everyone joins squad then compare it to another server (though I highly doubt such a mass of players would be willing to work together for a simple number count). Imagine the babyrage if server x could fit 10 more players on the map than server y... lul

it used to be 100 per map and you can squeze in to 110. =) now i dont know.

The solution isn't to increase squad size, it's to lower map limit. Would fix all skill lag issues, would fix issues like this. Everybody happy. Those who complain "I'll be stuck in queue" you can tell to just go transfer to another server, it seems people don't have a problem doing that for a free win, so why is it a problem when it would actually have a functional use. :smile:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:If you have that many, why doesn’t your server form another squad?

I think OP might be on BG, one massive blob.

He may be, but he doesn’t speak for a lot of the commanders there.. ?

I never said he did and BG is still one massive blob lol

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Blackarps.1974 said:For whatever reason, Anet likes to hide how many players can fit on a map. A squad of say 100 would then show this (or come very close to it), something they don't want.

I think that’s because they don’t give same numbers for all servers- links

Wait what?

Are you saying (for example) that you think BG gets 80, SoS gets 60, and the third gets 70??

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Blackarps.1974 said:For whatever reason, Anet likes to hide how many players can fit on a map. A squad of say 100 would then show this (or come very close to it), something they don't want.

Wait what?

Are you saying (for example) that you think BG gets 80, SoS gets 60, and the third gets 70??

It happened in the past would not be surprised if Anets favor to cause big blobs vs smaller ones,, and that time we weren’t the server with less players allowed to get in from the queue but one side had a megablob so big that it was direct to understand how many they had compared with the 2 other servers, the 3 servers had a queue at that time, time sometimes happen and if I have a secondary account on that server one can compare blob size with others and their queues.

What I want to say is would not be surprised if Anet hides that as well, last time I checked was arround 80 but some server could have 60 other could have 90 or close to, when in reset all groups are comm based and each one knows it’s nunbers it’s easy to calculate.It’s justblike some big hits in combat log, sometimes u see huge drop on health but there’s no log about it.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Wait what?

It happened in the past would not be surprised if Anets favor to cause big blobs vs smaller ones,, and that time we weren’t the server with less players allowed to get in from the queue but one side had a megablob so big that it was direct to understand how many they had compared with the 2 other servers, the 3 servers had a queue at that time, time sometimes happen and if I have a secondary account on that server one can compare blob size with others and their queues.

What I want to say is would not be surprised if Anet hides that as well, last time I checked was arround 80 but some server could have 60 other could have 90 or close to, when in reset all groups are comm based and each one knows it’s nunbers it’s easy to calculate.It’s justblike some big hits in combat log, sometimes u see huge drop on health but there’s no log about it.

I would really hope not..

The conspiracy theorists would have a field day about BG.. ?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Wait what?

I would really hope not..

The conspiracy theorists would have a field day about BG.. ?

Cant say nothing to BG besides I liked to fight them, and im from a small server called nsp when every one tanked and our small server reached t1 or t2 I don’t remember .

But sometimes population and queues Bork up I’m actually not the only one noticing it, the thing is that some servers are all about is ktrain and when they go afk and it’s the other server time to ktrain, there isn’t actuallly much fight due lack of players atm and server time zones so it gets harder to notice it.

@LetoII.3782 said:

I think OP might be on BG, one massive blob.

He may be, but he doesn’t speak for a lot of the commanders there.. ?

Like cookie?

Touché ??

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:its actually fun to have full q vs full q.

It's not fun when you get skill lag and dying cause of it. They should lower the limit to a point where skills can work, even in a 3-way blob fight.

So... 10 man squads then?

I have a bit more faith in their servers capability than you do. If it gets half of what it is now which is around 70 I think we would have a much better experience. With border created for smaller numbers.