Did Jormag just offer an alliance?

Michram.6853

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:That said, why is everyone convinced that the dragons are evil?Zhaitan wanted to create a world without dying, without loss. The risen are not pretty, but they keep on with their lifes.Primordus wants a world, where his fire creatures can roam freely.Mordremoth wanted a world where every mind is connected - thing the possibilities!Kralk wanted a world of crystal, beautiful, hardy creatures free from pain and fear.Jormag wants a world of strenght, with noone freezing to death.

yes, from our POV they are evil, but from theirs?

It's more their methods rather than their goals.

Zhaitan wanted a kingdom without death or loss, but it did so by forcing people to accept its views.Jormag doesn't just want a world of strength - they want to kill off everyone who's not strong.Mordremoth wants to becoming the uniting sustenance of life, to effectively replace the world itself, and does so by turning everyone into plants that require his own existence to survive.

By all show, Primordus and Kralkatorrik are quite a bit more evil than the others.Primordus has only shown the desire to wipe out all living beings. Complete genocide.Kralkatorrik, pre-Torment, seems to just be racist against mortals (unclear why), and post-Torment, wanted to consume and destroy everything in existence because he had a perpetual migraine.

And in all six cases, you either serve enslaved to the dragon with zero free will, or you die, if their goals were to succeed.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:how much free will does a Wyld Hunt Valiant or legion bound charr have?

100% free will.

A charr can choose to go AWOL at any moment, even if there are societal consequences to such an act. A Valiant may choose to ignore their Wyld Hunt as long as they want, even if they feel a constant itch they need to scratch.

But an icebrood cannot even consider the possibility of saying no to Jormag. A branded would never even fathom of doubting Kralkatorrik's demands. A risen would laugh at such insanity when suggested they disagree with Zhaitan's opinion.

@Regh.8649 said:What if the voice in the trailer is not from Jormag? and some other entity knowing we will have to face it.Is there any official statement confirming that it is in fact Jormag talkin? out of curiosity

To follow up on Arden's reply, the source is from one of the narrative team on Twitter, confirming the VA for Jormag (his words) was female and that she was someone he thoroughly enjoyed working with (is unable to give the name at this time)

Be pretty cool to team up with her.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:I honestly hate this 'domain' stuff. It is so... choking out possible developements.

That said, why is everyone convinced that the dragons are evil?Zhaitan wanted to create a world without dying, without loss. The risen are not pretty, but they keep on with their lifes.Primordus wants a world, where his fire creatures can roam freely.Mordremoth wanted a world where every mind is connected - thing the possibilities!Kralk wanted a world of crystal, beautiful, hardy creatures free from pain and fear.Jormag wants a world of strenght, with noone freezing to death.

yes, from our POV they are evil, but from theirs?

Because they are not willing to compromise.. they are not willing to change their minds and offer discourse until Jormag.. And i believe only Jormag wants to team up because she considers us a threat.. Evil does those things.. Not good.

@Dante.1508 said:Because they are not willing to compromise.. they are not willing to change their minds and offer discourse until Jormag.. And i believe only Jormag wants to team up because she considers us a threat.. Evil does those things.. Not good.It could also be wanting to team up with us because something is threatening its life. Since it knows that we know that its death will cause massive destruction, it could be trying to win us over to take care of that threat...and possibly get the most powerful Champion it can out of the mix.

@RyuDragnier.9476 said:

@Dante.1508 said:Because they are not willing to compromise.. they are not willing to change their minds and offer discourse until Jormag.. And i believe only Jormag wants to team up because she considers us a threat.. Evil does those things.. Not good.It could also be wanting to team up with us because something is threatening its life. Since it knows that we know that its death will cause massive destruction, it could be trying to win us over to take care of that threat...and possibly get the most powerful Champion it can out of the mix.Yes we are the player characters, are its threat.

@Dante.1508 said:

@Dante.1508 said:Because they are not willing to compromise.. they are not willing to change their minds and offer discourse until Jormag.. And i believe only Jormag wants to team up because she considers us a threat.. Evil does those things.. Not good.It could also be wanting to team up with us because something is threatening its life. Since it knows that we know that its death will cause massive destruction, it could be trying to win us over to take care of that threat...and possibly get the most powerful Champion it can out of the mix.Yes we are the player characters, are its threat.

Given the prologue release, it's possible the threat Jormag perceives is not just the Commander and Aurene, but

Bangar, who has taken Braham's bow, and has a number of Flame Legion backing him.

Im pretty sure ive read it somewhere before, that jormag just offers strength to those who seek it, to lure them in and enslave them. Its the way that dragon corrupts. Just like every other had their own method.I just forgot where i read/seen it, but i think it was said by someone official.

Its not something you should take literally, jormag just wants to corrupt and create a "strong" world, with everyone being a slave, but thinking they are followong out of free will.

@RyuDragnier.9476 said:From the way it's looking, the alliance is who I thought.

! Was pretty obvious Bangar was going to be the villain. Though the hints that there's somebody else involved as well makes me wonder for how long he'll be a villain...

Scarlet got a whole season. Balthazar got the better part of a season and an entire expansion. OTOH, Joko, not so much. Nor Caudecus, but he was only really important to humans, not to the larger story.

id be curious to see how it will pan out. id like it to happen in an event where the chars decide to back stab you and you and aurene were about to be killed and then the claw of jormag swoops in to wreck havoc and you are able to escape.

it was incidental of course but ppl speak rumors that because you and aurene are linked, therefore you may be the cause of the claw.

norns then come to aid you thru icebroods pledging alliage.

anet devs can then introduce having bad choices.