Selling Emotes

Excursion.9752

Now "Using How to Dance, Volume 1" will now permanently unlock the dance moves as player emotes. They can be used with the slash commands /step, /geargrind, and /shuffle.Is this any indication for future items giving you access to unique emotes others will not have unless purchasing said item? One can only wonder...

I am not sure of my reaction just yet on one hand I would like new emotes but I don't necessarily want to buy them.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:I mean having to buy more dances has been a thing for a long time. They only just now converted them to actual emotes.Yeah... That's the whole point of the topic is that it just now became a thing. If you purchase with gems said item you now unlock these new emotes that only other people with said item have access to. I literally purchased this novelty item years ago I believe back when it was initially released. So it does not impact me and I know the dance moves are not new to the game. The ability to use the emotes are. So I am asking do we think anet will link other emotes to other items in game to try and make a profit or enhance an items curb appeal. I immediately thought we could travel down a road like fortnight if they wanted to. I am happy about the addition. I just wonder what it could lead to.

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:I mean having to buy more dances has been a thing for a long time. They only just now converted them to actual emotes.Yeah... That's the whole point of the topic is that it just now became a thing. If you purchase with gems said item you now unlock these new emotes that only other people with said item have access to. I literally purchased this novelty item years ago I believe back when it was initially released. So it does not impact me and I know the dance moves are not new to the game. The ability to use the emotes are. So I am asking do we think anet will link other emotes to other items in game to try and make a profit or enhance an items curb appeal. I immediately thought we could travel down a road like fortnight if they wanted to. I am happy about the addition. I just wonder what it could lead to.

Oh no, I think you have the right of it. I am expecting new sellable emotes in the upcoming months. Destiny 2 already has a similar system in place and was waiting for something like that here since it makes some sense. People can either buy or save up gold to gems and acquire that way. These just feels like a ground work step to setup for new store ones. On top of that people were asking for new ones so they have a solution they can say people were asking for to boot.