Story instance borders: thanks for having me start all over

Ashantara.8731

@Sobx.1758 said:I mean, if you looked at the minimap, you'd know it will immediately kick you. I feel like this one's on you.

I did look at it before and the border was much bigger. They shrunk it for this portion of the instancw, and my apologies for being too busy to fous on the actual content than keeping my gaze focused on the mini map to see it's been shrunk.

Changing borders during a mission in such a drastic measure is bad design, especially when a second later they widened it again, because - yes, I was right - you have to jump into to fray eventually.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:I mean, if you looked at the minimap, you'd know it will immediately kick you. I feel like this one's on you.

I did look at it
before
and the border was
much
bigger. They shrunk it for this portion of the instancw, and my apologies for being too busy to fous on the actual content than keeping my gaze focused on the mini map to see it's been shrunk.

Changing borders
during
a mission in such a drastic measure is bad design, especially when a second later they widened it again, because - yes, I was right - you
have
to jump into to fray eventually.

Changing borders during a mission isn't anything new. It also immediately change to fully 'red-striped' when you get at your place. And when you had to help them, the borders widened, which means you were NOT right at the time. :p

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

I did look at it
before
and the border was
much
bigger. They shrunk it for this portion of the instancw, and my apologies for being too busy to fous on the actual content than keeping my gaze focused on the mini map to see it's been shrunk.

Changing borders
during
a mission in such a drastic measure is bad design, especially when a second later they widened it again, because - yes, I was right - you
have

Changing borders during a mission isn't anything new. It also immediately change to fully 'red-striped' when you get at your place. And when you had to help them, the borders widened, which means you were NOT right at the time. :p

Might have depended on how fast the systems were processing. Maybe Ashantara's visual queues to jump in that the borders should be wider by now was correct, but the internal systems that actually dictate that were still lagging behind.

Don't know how easy/hard it would be to change, but maybe leaving area should insta-kill you and give you the usual options of restart at checkpoint or leave instance.

@Seera.5916 said:

I did look at it
before
and the border was
much

Changing borders
during
have

Might have depended on how fast the systems were processing. Maybe Ashantara's visual queues to jump in that the borders should be wider by now was correct, but the internal systems that actually dictate that were still lagging behind.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to craft some conspiracy theory that's simply wrong. He didn't pay attention and from what I understand, he admitted it, that's all there is to it.

Don't know how easy/hard it would be to change, but maybe leaving area should insta-kill you and give you the usual options of restart at checkpoint or leave instance.

Yes, I think that would be better.

• Confused 1

@Ashantara.8731 said:First mission of LWS5: when the devourer champ re-emerged, I wanted to jump into the fray and help out... only to be thrown out of the instance and start all over. The borders were so narrow that there wasn't even time to react in order to stop this from happening.

Great start, GG.

I did the same thing, but as soon as I saw the you are about to be kicked message I backed up against the wall I just jumped off and thankfully it let me continue, it was a close one though.

@"Pifil.5193" said:Just stop kicking people, make them invisible walls or "strong currents" or teleport people back to a waypoint or whatever.

Please, no invisible walls. It's generally considered a bad game design and is so prevalent in GW2. "Strong currents" and other options are so much better than a straight-to-your-face invisible wall.

@Omernon.9762 said:

@"Pifil.5193" said:Just stop kicking people, make them invisible walls or "strong currents" or teleport people back to a waypoint or whatever.

Please, no invisible walls. It's generally considered a bad game design and is so prevalent in GW2. "Strong currents" and other options are so much better than a straight-to-your-face invisible wall.

Kicking customers mid game is way way worse..