Tequatl lag

Hesione.9412

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:Endless wvw threads about how bad the lag has been...silence.One person says a single pve event is laggy...boom, instant response.

Funny how that happens.

Potentially fixing the lag problem for teq is to temporarily enforce lower player numbers on the map and then spawn an extra overflow map (and then the maps can collapse with the map closing option). Spawn of overflow maps is a dynamic measure that already occurs in pve (e.g. in all the HoT metas). It also occurs for teq, although perhaps not as well as it does for HoT. It's not as though teq needs anything like 90 players to win the event (random number pulled out of thin air for the maximum number of players on a pve map).

Wvw also doesn't experience players from every server arriving on the same map for the same event, for the same short period of time.

So... you don’t play WvW do you?

Yes, I do. That is why I made the comparison about the maps. Please open your own thread about wvw, as this thread is not about that.

@Hesione.9412 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:Endless wvw threads about how bad the lag has been...silence.One person says a single pve event is laggy...boom, instant response.

Funny how that happens.

Potentially fixing the lag problem for teq is to temporarily enforce lower player numbers on the map and then spawn an extra overflow map (and then the maps can collapse with the map closing option). Spawn of overflow maps is a dynamic measure that already occurs in pve (e.g. in all the HoT metas). It also occurs for teq, although perhaps not as well as it does for HoT. It's not as though teq needs anything like 90 players to win the event (random number pulled out of thin air for the maximum number of players on a pve map).

Wvw also doesn't experience players from every server arriving on the same map for the same event, for the same short period of time.

So... you don’t play WvW do you?

Yes, I do. That is why I made the comparison about the maps. Please open your own thread about wvw, as this thread is not about that.

Actually one has been opened. In fact, one is opened monthly. Or more often.

Teq will be fixed before we see changes in WvW don’t worry.

And you might want to read it to understand the issues at play.