Rytlock dies!

Nury.3062

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I hope it's more:

Rytlock: "What are you doing, my son?"Ryland: "Succeeding you, father.", then stabbing Rytlock with Sohothin.

Not that I'd like that story beat, I would just love it if ANet just blatantly went there. Pay a little homage to the grand daddy of MMO's while not using it directly.

@Nury.3062 said:Rytlock dies saving his son(because of Bangar) and somehow Logan is around to go on a rampage and kill Bangar in revenge! What do you think? Too generic?!

Your post title is a disgrace to the wonderful, spoiler free community we have here at GW2 by revealing such a major plot point to all the community in your post title. I can't believe it. Thanks for spoiling the story for me and everyone else!!! ANet, where are your moderators to immediately stop something like this! Thanks for ruining my day. I'll NEVER visit the forums again because of this. Been a loyal GW2 player since beta and never have I been so upset at someone for their lake of consideration for other players and their enjoyment for the story.

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

@Nury.3062 said:Rytlock dies saving his son(because of Bangar) and somehow Logan is around to go on a rampage and kill Bangar in revenge! What do you think? Too generic?!

Your post title is a disgrace to the wonderful, spoiler free community we have here at GW2 by revealing such a major plot point to all the community in your post title. I can't believe it. Thanks for spoiling the story for me and everyone else!!! ANet, where are your moderators to immediately stop something like this! Thanks for ruining my day. I'll NEVER visit the forums again because of this. Been a loyal GW2 player since beta and never have I been so upset at someone for their lake of consideration for other players and their enjoyment for the story.

You forgot to use /sarcasm off. :astonished:

@SidewayS.3789 said:

Wait, so this whole rytlock thing isn't true? I didn't even read the post, all I saw was the title and immediately lost my mind.

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

Wait, so this whole rytlock thing isn't true? I didn't even read the post, all I saw was the title and immediately lost my mind.

No, Rytlock doesn't die or anything of it. In his post, he's speaking of maybe a future for Rytlock.

@SidewayS.3789 said:

No, Rytlock doesn't die or anything of it. In his post, he's speaking of maybe a future for Rytlock.

Oh well then I apologize. Honestly, I do, but that just goes to show how passionate I can be about the story and I just couldn't believe someone would have posted a spoiler like that. Well at least my day isn't ruined now ha.

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

Oh well then I apologize. Honestly, I do, but that just goes to show how passionate I can be about the story and I just couldn't believe someone would have posted a spoiler like that. Well at least my day isn't ruined now ha.

Or is it all a double bluff!?

Oh the suspense and intrigue now!

I think Gnashblade should convince Rytlock and the (not so blushing) Charr beauty Crecia Stoneglow to get married in the LA Wedding Chapel so Gnashblade can sell lots of gemstore Wedding Outfits, Bouquets of Rose and Boxes of Chocolates as well as lots of ‘How to Dance’ for the Reception afterward. Logan can be Best Man.

@"Yannir.4132" said:Personally I hope it's more:

Rytlock: "What are you doing, my son?"Ryland: "Succeeding you, father.", then stabbing Rytlock with Sohothin.

Not that I'd like that story beat, I would just love it if ANet just blatantly went there. Pay a little homage to the grand daddy of MMO's while not using it directly.

Personally I'm thinking more of a

Rytlock yells: Warband, move out! Champions, watch your backs. The Icebrood have been...Icebrood Ryland yells: Join me, father. Join me and we will crush this world in the name of the Icebrood -- for the glory of Jormag!Rytlock says: My boy died at the Bitter Horn. I am here only to collect his corpse.Icebrood Ryland yells: Stubborn and old. What chance do you have? I am stronger, and more powerful than you ever were.Rytlock says: We named him Ryland. It means "Heart of the land" in Ancient Charr. I would not let the flame legion take him. My boy would be safe, hidden away by my Warbands Legion.Rytlock says: I made a promise to Crecia that I would return to the Far Shiverpeaks alone - whether I lived or died, my son would be returned. Untainted...Rytlock says: Today, I fulfill that promise.Rytlock charges!Icebrood Ryland yells: Pathetic old Charr. Come then heroes. Come and face the might of the Icebrood!

xD

@Nury.3062 said:Rytlock dies saving his son(because of Bangar) and somehow Logan is around to go on a rampage and kill Bangar in revenge! What do you think? Too generic?!Thanks I hate it.It'd be dumb getting rid of one of the most popular characters. I'd much rather lose Rox, Taimi, Zojja (I mean .. she hasn't come back from her vegetative state might as well pull the plug), Caithe, or Logan. I'm kinda glad Logan has kind of fallen into an administrative position where we don't have him very often (and Troy Baker I'm sure is much more expensive now than he was in 2012), Caithe I expect will fade out as her wyld hunts are both done, Rox has kind of gone off with the Olmakhan and we'll just see less of her, and Taimi is terminally ill.

Our core is Rytlock, Braham, Kasmeer, and Marjory now that Taimi is taking a back seat, with Gorrik, Canach, and Sayida kinda guest starring.

as an aside I'm really glad that Kasmeer and Marjory are separated from each other for this map. They become FAR more interesting characters alone than when together and they get all mushy. Marjory suddenly remembered she's supposed to be a hard boiled Film Noir Sleuth (which oftentimes gets completely forgotten if Kasmeer is at her hip), and Kasmeer is teaching and inspiring and helping you sneak into things with illusions.

I'm really glad that Rytlock is sticking with you pretty solidly since Dragon Watch became a thing. Would be a shame to lose him.

I really think this post should be retitled or removed. And I wish people would think more about what they put as a title. It's fairly easy to believe without clicking on it that your story has been spoiled by reading the post. Why not title the post, this is what I want to happen in the living world?

@Arden.7480 said:I think his son will be turned half Icebrood, and Rytlock will have to kill him to not let Ryland suffer, but while dealing the blow, Ryland will spread the corruption on Rytlock, and he will play it cool, but in time Rytlock will also turn icebrood, very slowly, but Sohothin will keep him alive.

No, Ryland will start getting corrupted, but then he will sacrifice himself to stop the evil Prince Braham from killing Jormag, breaking the icebrood curse, and teaching Jormag about the power of true love. Then Ryland and Rox will get married and live happily ever after... until they find out they are actually brother and sister. Dun dun dunnnnnn.

@perilisk.1874 said:

@Arden.7480 said:I think his son will be turned half Icebrood, and Rytlock will have to kill him to not let Ryland suffer, but while dealing the blow, Ryland will spread the corruption on Rytlock, and he will play it cool, but in time Rytlock will also turn icebrood, very slowly, but Sohothin will keep him alive.

No, Ryland will start getting corrupted, but then he will sacrifice himself to stop the evil Prince Braham from killing Jormag, breaking the icebrood curse, and teaching Jormag about the power of true love. Then Ryland and Rox will get married and live happily ever after... until they find out they are actually brother and sister. Dun dun dunnnnnn.

:#