Please do not use this chapter as a precedent to sell the portal after the story

Menadena.7482

Given we do not get a new episode every day I prefer to savour them over time and not feel pressured that I have to do everything ASAP (or at all if there is something that proves impossible) before my other characters can enter the zone. After awhile it felt more like a chore than having fun. Please do not do this to us again!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Blocki.4931 said:I don't see the issue. Why would you want to run around a new map with different characters anyway? In that case just do the first instance, takes you 2 minutes and you're in.

Because I am an altoholic. That would mean running every character around and I currently have 15 or so. Now multiply that by every episode and some will have longer times. I have a life, I am not about to do the same thing in a game 15 times every few months because of bad design. Not that this one was just 'two minutes' ... did you time it? The biggest thing though is portals are free once you have it and teleports cost.

@Redavv.2643 said:You only have to do it with one character i dont see any real problem here :D

Read the OP. I never do the full story the first day but had to last night because I am used to getting the scroll and node the first day now. I am also thinking of the future, since I assume some episodes will be tougher. For example, in the last map of S3 we did not even get to the new map for quite awhile. Unlike some people it seems I actually have a life outside of the game.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I don't see the issue. Why would you want to run around a new map with different characters anyway? In that case just do the first instance, takes you 2 minutes and you're in.

Because I am an altoholic. That would mean running every character around and I currently have 15 or so. Now multiply that by every episode and some will have longer times. I have a life, I am not about to do the same thing in a game 15 times every few months because of bad design. Not that this one was just 'two minutes' ... did you time it? The biggest thing though is portals are free once you have it and teleports cost.

If you have 15 Characters you most likely have ALOT of teleport to friend items from b-day gifts, use those.

@arielwind.8921 said:yeah, i thought it's bad idea too that we can't obtain teleport scroll until we finish the story. I wanted to enjoy every meta with another class before it's done. I assume Anet want us to buy gem item. After i bought Recharging Teleport to Friend, there's no problem about it.

Does the recharging work with yourself though? How since last I knew you can only login once.

@Obtena.7952 said:Edit: I see you need to finish the story to get a teleport scroll. Why is this even unreasonable?

Well, all through S3 and S4 they did not have that requirement.

Reread my OP. I get all of my characters into the new zone ASAP. I want to take my time in doing the story and feel like I can stop if there is something impossible (like their fave of doing flashes somewhere, I have epilepsy).

@Menadena.7482 said:

I'm an altoholic too. If you're casual, run around on one until you get the scroll, bring the others through. What's the big deal? I had the same issue in Dragon Stand. Had to do ten events and didn't get them done right away. Doesn't matter which character I do it first on. Being an altoholic doesn't mean never having to play the same character for more than a day.

I still do other things on other characters and if I want to do that zone I do it on the alt that's already there. Until I unlock the scroll.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Edit: I see you need to finish the story to get a teleport scroll. Why is this even unreasonable?

Well, all through S3 and S4 they did not have that requirement.

Reread my OP. I get all of my characters into the new zone ASAP. I want to take my time in doing the story and feel like I can stop if there is something impossible (like their fave of doing flashes somewhere, I have epilepsy).

I don't think you getting all you're characters into the new zone ASAP shows a problem with how Anet has implemented having to do the story to get the portal.

If you just want to get to the zone and you have all these alts, what is stopping you from coordinating with someone to warp in?

You say you are an "altoholic" x15 but can't bother doing the story once before filtering the other 14 in because you "have a life" . I'm sorry but if you are an altoholic... you don't have a life. If you have a life, you don't need to run the map 15 times before doing the story once. Just imo.

I have 30+ chars too and I say hell, I just do the story. Filter 29 in later. What are those other 29 going to do my 1 can't ? Map clear? Ummm, the stories are never really THAT long. And the time to story clear is probably that of doing 2-3 map comps . I feel its a self time management thing. There is no need to RUSH through the map 14x more .

Again my 2 sense but this is a fuss over nothing

This seems similar to the s4e5 complaint about having a poi locked behind the story. Apparently there are some players who see running a lot of toons through the new map on the first day -- presumably for the map reward? Idk -- as the most fun thing to do with a new ep. Whether there are enough of those players to justify altering game design to accommodate them is only known to anet . . .

Yeah, it’s kind of inconvenient not being able to buy a portal tome until story completion. Some players don’t care about the story so it may take days to weeks to complete it. Meanwhile, these players may want to just explore the map on their characters. Work-arounds to get to the map before completing the story are inconvenient, too (and more than an inconvenience for players with a lot of characters and few TtF’s). Locking tomes behind story completion seems like a pointless design. It doesn’t hurt anyone if it’s not locked behind story completion, but current set up clearly negatively affects some players.

@Menadena.7482 said:

So it's bad design because you feel compelled to get more characters on the map ASAP than most people will ever make?

Sounds like a personal problem to be honest.