[sPvP] Condi Mesmer help

Turkeyspit.3965

I'm still rather new at PvP, and since almost all of my Condi Mirage experience is in PvE, it's left me guessing as to what a good sPvP build would be since all the posted 'meta' builds are power/CI.

Here is what I'm running now: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAc+ZlJwwYXsEmJW0P/PPA-zZxsQisAyMF6NCkfA

I tend to camp staff while running to / on point, using staff 2/3 to get clones up before swapping to axe/torch when I see an opening to port in for burst. So far it seems to work half decently in unranked, which is fine for because I play for maybe 1 game a day. sPvP is a fun distraction for me, but I'm not in love with Conquest, and judging from what I read about Ranked, the effort / reward ratio seems way out of whack.

So any advice? Is there anything glaringly wrong, or some synergy I'm not seeing / lacking?

Thanks.

Missing synergy 1) Mirage heal gives vigor and heals for more while having less cast time.Missing synergy 2) Wizard amulet is weird. Precision is useless unless you have pistol and/or scepter. More attacks = more crits = more bleeds from the dueling trait. I guess you could use Sage.

Advice: Staff ambush and autoattack are both good. Use 4 only when you are sure you will get attacked.

@Tayga.3192 said:Missing synergy 1) Mirage heal gives vigor and heals for more while having less cast time.

I went with Mirror solely because of the reduced cooldown and as a bit of counterplay against Rangers, but yeah the longer cast time has had me wondering. I will give Oasis some time and see what happens.

@Tayga.3192 said:Missing synergy 2) Wizard amulet is weird. Precision is useless unless you have pistol and/or scepter. More attacks = more crits = more bleeds from the dueling trait. I guess you could use Sage.

Yeah, up until I made this post I was running Carrion amulet. While looking over my build I noticed how I had no precsion/crit chance, which made me wonder if I was really getting anything out the Dueling traitline besides Deceptive Evasion. I thought running Wizards would help to proc Critical Infusion more often.

This is making me start to think I should be running Pistol instead of Torch. The only reason I went with Torch is that I prefer its use in PvE, I like the extra stealth ability on Torch 4, and never really liked Pistol, but also in PvE I run Illusions over Duelist and so can grab The Pledge.

I was also under the impression that after the nerfs, Scepter is just pointless to use in PvP?

Maybe for PvP I would be better running Wizards Amulet, Pistol + Duelists Discipline?

@Tayga.3192 said:Advice: Staff ambush and autoattack are both good. Use 4 only when you are sure you will get attacked.

I think Staff is what has helped keep me alive, as in unranked you're typically playing against folks who struggle against clones. For now playing as a +1 and decapper is something I can succeed at.

Yeah, up until I made this post I was running Carrion amulet. While looking over my build I noticed how I had no precsion/crit chance, which made me wonder if I was really getting anything out the Dueling traitline besides Deceptive Evasion. I thought running Wizards would help to proc Critical Infusion more often.

It's more about Sharper Images than Critical Infusion.

This is making me start to think I should be running Pistol instead of Torch. The only reason I went with Torch is that I prefer its use in PvE, I like the extra stealth ability on Torch 4, and never really liked Pistol, but also in PvE I run Illusions over Duelist and so can grab The Pledge.

It's really personal preference, and don't forget that dueling has bleed too.

I was also under the impression that after the nerfs, Scepter is just pointless to use in PvP?

Scepter is the meta for condi mirage, it's still the best main hand.

Maybe for PvP I would be better running Wizards Amulet, Pistol + Duelists Discipline?

With a precision + condi dmg + expertise amulet, it makes a lot of bleeds from Illusionary Duelist.

@"Tayga.3192"

Based on your advice I made some changes, new build is:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAsqZlRwwYXsEmJW2P/PNA-zZxsQisAyMF6NCkfA

Only had time for 1 match after practicing on golems and such, but I can see the advantages of swapping from Axe to Scepter in that I can keep at range with both weapon sets if I'm trying to defend/delay at point before rotating, where as before I could only use range if I camped Staff, robbing me of weapon swaps + energy for more cloaks.

I worry I'll miss the shadowstep from Axe 3 and the stealth/cleanse from Torch 4, but we shall see. I'll play this build for a while and see if I like the results. The 1 match I had with it was a complete blowout against (500 -100) and I was chased down a time or two by a very mobile thief.

Any other thoughts or suggestions on the build, amulet, sigils, etc? I honestly find Mesmer a lot more of a challenge in picking traits, utilities, etc. Most of the other professions I play are more straightforward.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:snipAfter understanding condi mirage, you may want to change into your homebrews, and that's when GW2 PvP starts :P

Any other thoughts or suggestions on the build, amulet, sigils, etc?Amulet, rune and sigils are mostly personal preference (except 2x energy sigils).

I honestly find Mesmer a lot more of a challenge in picking traits, utilities, etc. Most of the other professions I play are more straightforward.Mesmer is balanced in itself, nothing stands out too much.

Good luck have fun :)