Bound By Blood has the best story line.

fewfield.7802

@Fenella.2634 said:Loved the story. :) The plot, style and pacing are really promising and the map is so beautiful. The do-events-part was a bit dragged out, sure, but not as bad as some previous episodes in LS4.I was seriously not expecting such a great patch. It's even playable on patch day without major bugs as far as I am concerned, really awesome job. :)

i agree the pace of the story and balancing cut scenes etc was amazing i even liked the Gorrik situation. Overall some incidents may seem generic and irrelevant but everything was put there for a reason. in the end everything came together

@Ashantara.8731 said:So, there is an actual story besides baby-sitting Braham, listening to stupid dialogue and doing boring events?

Okay, you convinced me to play through this chapter after all... tomorrow, or some other time.

I think Braham being drunk was spot on and felt like NORN.

Boring events? There are so many great activities, Widowmaker-ing from a flying platform is just so fun! You even have to aim at the objectives like you would in shooter games. And Charrty is just the absolute HYPE and never enjoyed the community so much surrounded by some metal music!

I think this Prologue is a perfect start, and very promising.

@Arden.7480 said:

@Redavv.2643 said:Who found the dialogue of two female charr talking about Rytlock, hehe was very funny and naughty good job devs ahhaha

Nice axe... (that was a dialogue from the first instance)

It was the first time I felt sticking around for ambient dialogue was important and not just going up and pressing F, but npcs auto giving out the dialogue in pretty much all cases which was more organic

@"Arden.7480" said:I think Braham being drunk was spot on and felt like NORN.

So all Norn are blubbering idiots who behave like little children when drunk? I seriously doubt that's something to behold (during the Dragon Bash festival, there were a couple of seriously sad dialogues, too, by drunk Norn, like one woman complaining about her husband treating her badly).

I found the whole thing totally overacted, and it was supposed to be "funny" when it really wasn't.

The fact that Braham has been drinking way too much lately on every occasion makes me worry, too. It's not a positive message the game is sending. (And no, I don't consider drunk people in real life to be funny, either. I am rather disgusted by them.)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:I think Braham being drunk was spot on and felt like NORN.

So all Norn are blubbering idiots who behave like little children when drunk? I seriously doubt it. That was totally overacted and supposed to be "funny", when it really wasn't.

The fact that Braham has been drinking way too much lately on every occasion makes me worry, too. It's not a positive message the game is sending to kids.

Neither is killing, gambling on moa races, getting drunk ourselves and playing drinking games and all the other things that happens. I think one can overthink things and saying a character being drunk is a poor role model is one of them in an industry long since bereft of morality.

He was beyond drunk anyway and it was played for laughs and deliberately overacted by the VA to convey that. Fine if you didn’t enjoy it, but even someone does dislike it, it doesn’t bog down an otherwise finely written, nuanced episode.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Neither is killing, gambling on moa races

Promoting drinking as a fun thing and drunk people as "amusing" just isn't my cup of tea, that's all. (P.S. I had edited my post but you were too quick. ;) )

As a non drinker it normally isn’t mine and I too look down on ppl who get drunk, but it still worked in context for me.

With Braham, it felt like when a character behaves a certain way because the plot demands certain behavior and less like it emerges from their character. Braham has gone from someone bound by duty to someone who does dooty, from challenging the Commander to Staning the Commander. I hope he recovers his senses. Imo, his role wasn't terrible or unbelievable, just over played for laughs at his expense.

I hope this is the last time we see the use of mesmer disguises. They played better here than in PoF main story, but at some point everyone has to catch on and start using passwords or some other obvious security measure. Mesmer disguises are a crutch that infantilizes villains and the world in general.

I don't know if it has the best story line but I do think it shows the studio having more faith in our ability to appreciate a subtle, dialogue driven story.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Redavv.2643 said:Who found the dialogue of two female charr talking about Rytlock, hehe was very funny and naughty good job devs ahhaha

It was the first time I felt sticking around for ambient dialogue was important and not just going up and pressing F, but npcs auto giving out the dialogue in pretty much all cases which was more organic

yeah, totally agree!

@Randulf.7614 said:

Yeah it was awesome and felt so natural.

Sacking JP bears fruits.

@Ashantara.8731 said:So, there is an actual story besides baby-sitting Braham, listening to stupid dialogue and doing boring events?

Okay, you convinced me to play through this chapter after all... tomorrow, or some other time.

Actually you summed it up pretty well. Why Anet thinks we all want to sit through a few hours of npcs talking that we can't even skip is beyond me. SKIP BUTTON PLEASE. And the 'fights' were pathetic.

@Psientist.6437 said:With Braham, it felt like when a character behaves a certain way because the plot demands certain behavior and less like it emerges from their character. Braham has gone from someone bound by duty to someone who does dooty, from challenging the Commander to Staning the Commander. I hope he recovers his senses. Imo, his role wasn't terrible or unbelievable, just over played for laughs at his expense.

I hope this is the last time we see the use of mesmer disguises. They played better here than in PoF main story, but at some point everyone has to catch on and start using passwords or some other obvious security measure. Mesmer disguises are a crutch that infantilizes villains and the world in general.

I don't know if it has the best story line but I do think it shows the studio having more faith in our ability to appreciate a subtle, dialogue driven story.

true i agree. The word 'Best' that I used might be too exaggerated. But this LS is actually better than before.

I found the story to be very deep, with many layers. Everything, even the segments with Braham, were vital to the plot. Not only did they carry the story forward, but also reflected the true state of things. Nothing was as it was presented on the surface and what peace there seemed to be was merely a political contrivance, created so events could be manipulated.

I am not the biggest story person and have never been particularly fond of GW2's storytelling, but this episode as a whole thoroughly impressed me. The single complaint I have about the entire episode is the ease of strike missions, but I actually really love how are structured and remain hopeful that they become more challenging because I think they laid out a great foundation.

@fewfield.7802 said:

@Psientist.6437 said:With Braham, it felt like when a character behaves a certain way because the plot demands certain behavior and less like it emerges from their character. Braham has gone from someone bound by duty to someone who does dooty, from challenging the Commander to Staning the Commander. I hope he recovers his senses. Imo, his role wasn't terrible or unbelievable, just over played for laughs at his expense.

true i agree. The word 'Best' that I used might be too exaggerated. But this LS is actually better than before.

It is good but still uses too many tricks. Braham's bow is potentially a doom's day weapon and we are expected to believe he just carries it around to be lost in a bar. The bow is as dangerous, or nearly as dangerous, as the Dragon's Blood Spear which had to be destroyed but no one bats an eye when a hot headed Norn with terrible impulse control brings it to the bar?

@Psientist.6437 said:It is good but still uses too many tricks. Braham's bow is potentially a doom's day weapon and we are expected to believe he just carries it around to be lost in a bar. The bow is as dangerous, or nearly as dangerous, as the Dragon's Blood Spear which had to be destroyed but no one bats an eye when a hot headed Norn with terrible impulse control brings it to the bar?But, is it even that dangerous? The spear was directly make from the dragon's bodily fluids.The bow is just a common bow infused with a flame magic of currently unknown origins.It might have cracked a tooth, but we don't know if it might have lost substantial amounts of it's power compared to teeth being in Jormag's jaws.We also don't know if Jormags teeth work like Shark teeth, being easily replaced by new ones. If they work like that, Jormag's scales might be infinitely harder than his teeth, possibly making Braham's arrows not even tickle Jormag.We just know that Braham failed to hurt Jormag in any significant way during his prior attempt, causing doubts to that bow being a Jormag-killer weapon.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Psientist.6437 said:It is good but still uses too many tricks. Braham's bow is potentially a doom's day weapon and we are expected to believe he just carries it around to be lost in a bar. The bow is as dangerous, or nearly as dangerous, as the Dragon's Blood Spear which had to be destroyed but no one bats an eye when a hot headed Norn with terrible impulse control brings it to the bar?But, is it even that dangerous? The spear was directly make from the dragon's bodily fluids.The bow is just a common bow infused with a flame magic of currently unknown origins.It might have cracked a tooth, but we don't know if it might have lost substantial amounts of it's power compared to teeth being in Jormag's jaws.We also don't know if Jormags teeth work like Shark teeth, being easily replaced by new ones. If they work like that, Jormag's scales might be infinitely harder than his teeth, possibly making Braham's arrows not even tickle Jormag.We just know that Braham failed to hurt Jormag in any significant way during his prior attempt, causing doubts to that bow being a Jormag-killer weapon.

If that bow actually become a dragon killer, it would disappoint me a lot. That makes no sense at all.

@fewfield.7802 said:

If that bow actually become a dragon killer, it would disappoint me a lot. That makes no sense at all.

I think you are safe.

! All those icebrood charr in the trailer need to come from somewhere, after all. Bangar's little army seems doomed.