Glacial Heart Question

Aspen Tie.5084

"Mighty Blow becomes Glacial Blow. Chill and damage foes that you disable.Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.

— In-game description"

The game description for this trait is confusing me - Chill and damage foes that you disable? I could easily just wait until I get home from work and do some simple testing but, I figured I would ask. Does the chill only proc when my target is disabled? The tool-tip on the action bar does not mention 'disables' when traited for Glacial Heart (only in the trait description). Does anyone have an clarification?

Thanks!

FWIW I tested it when I got home. Glacial Blow (superseded hammer #2) inflicts chill regardless, it seems. If the target is disabled, Glacial Blow also triggers Glacial Heart - which does a minuscule amount of damage. In light of this, Glacial Heart should be able to crit, or in the least, have it's base dmg increased - to reward players who coordinate Glacial Blow with disables instead of spamming '2' on cool down. As of right now, the damage it provides is so negligible that what the hell is point.

edit: Scratch all of that. The actual disable is what triggers glacial heart. Wasn't looking close enough at the logs.

Glacial blow does work on all CC effects, regardless of the weapon or utility used. The Sage FB sPvP build heavily relies on it. I use it on DH in sPvP. LB3 apply it on the knock back. So does SoJ. It was in the meta PvE FB condi damage build as well, until last patch, where virtues was dropped for zeal.

Actually, hammer is the weapon which benefits from this the least... lol

Actually, hammer is the weapon which benefits from this the least... lol

I don't know about that. Catching someone in a Ring of Warding can set up a few stacks of chill. Enemy trips (1), Banish(2), bounce off of RoW(3-4), Glacial Blow(4/5). That's potentially 5 stacks of chill within a few seconds.

Edit: stack count

@otto.5684 said:Actually, hammer is the weapon which benefits from this the least... lol

That's not quite true. Hammer has 2 skills that can count towards this trait. As do Longbow and Axe if and when traited. Shield, Staff and GS have 1 disable each.The best weapon set for the express purpose of utilizing the trait would be Axe/Shield but Hammer comes 2nd.Whether Hammer itself, or Glacial Heart for that matter, is good/beneficial is a different question.

@Aspen Tie.5084 said:If counting towards the trait means applying chill, hammer has 3 skills: Glacial Blow, Bansish, Ring of Warding.

Not quite. Glacial Blow is not a disable. Instead the chill it inflicts is tied into Glacial Blow itself.The effect comes from the same trait but it's not the same interaction.For example, if you strike a target with Banish but the Launch is resisted by Stability it won't inflict Chill on the target or do its trait damage either because the target wasn't launched, i.e. disabled. Banish as a strike itself will still do its normal damage.Glacial Blow, however, will inflict Chill through Stability if you just land the hit.