Are ANET devs going to Fix chrono ?

Hiraga Taichiru.1580

@Delofasht.4231 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:Chrono got fixed. Can we fix Mirage the same way now please?
  • "Fixed!", BadMed

Until such time as someone comes along and manages to break the game with some crazy new build that ends up beating you constantly... Then it will just be the same old crying about Mesmer again. Core issues of Mesmer will always end up making players like you call for nerfs endlessly, we want the profession actually fixed as much as the next player, probably more so... tired of getting nerfed for things that are not even the real issue at all.

Players like me will keep calling for nerfs as long as unskilled players keep hiding behind a broken spec and pretend that it's been nerfed to the ground. Mirage is ridiculously broken even after the CI temp change. Redesign or nerf, I don't care. I just want Mirage to loose some of its capabilities. It does way too much in terms of ability to spike damage, spam conditions, endless CCs, endless escape mechanics to engage at will along with excellent mobility.

A purely subjective post that ignores that every profession currently has a build with way too much of everything you are singling out Mesmer for. Also, Mirage has limited CC capabilities, actually gaining nothing over Core Mesmer in terms of CC at all. You are always crying for nerfs on Mesmer... without at least providing clear numerical example of how they are overperforming. You seem to just have the same issues of many players, dealing with clones through use of environment and AoE.

They are doing the same to Mesmer what they were doing to necro come join us sit by us.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSplit cooldown is too kitten high at 105s. Absolute joke. Somehow they forgot to adjust the cooldown when "merging" it with Distortion? xD

Loss of IP is severe handicap for many reasons and there needs to be some additional change with clones to scaffold this or simply revert.

@Axl.8924 said:

• "Fixed!", BadMed

Until such time as someone comes along and manages to break the game with some crazy new build that ends up beating you constantly... Then it will just be the same old crying about Mesmer again. Core issues of Mesmer will always end up making players like you call for nerfs endlessly, we want the profession actually fixed as much as the next player, probably more so... tired of getting nerfed for things that are not even the real issue at all.

Players like me will keep calling for nerfs as long as unskilled players keep hiding behind a broken spec and pretend that it's been nerfed to the ground. Mirage is ridiculously broken even after the CI temp change. Redesign or nerf, I don't care. I just want Mirage to loose some of its capabilities. It does way too much in terms of ability to spike damage, spam conditions, endless CCs, endless escape mechanics to engage at will along with excellent mobility.

A purely subjective post that ignores that every profession currently has a build with way too much of everything you are singling out Mesmer for. Also, Mirage has limited CC capabilities, actually gaining nothing over Core Mesmer in terms of CC at all. You are always crying for nerfs on Mesmer... without at least providing clear numerical example of how they are overperforming. You seem to just have the same issues of many players, dealing with clones through use of environment and AoE.

They are doing the same to Mesmer what they were doing to necro come join us sit by us.

meanwhile scourge mandatory in every team ;p

@Axl.8924 said:

• "Fixed!", BadMed

And Engineer. Have you noticed what was done to Scrapper and Holosmith in the latest efforts at "balance."

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

• "Fixed!", BadMed

meanwhile scourge mandatory in every team ;p

Nah also people are already crying for more nerfs to scourge in WVW, meanwhile sub par dps in pve and support is still not as good as other classes.

I expect more nerfs to happen making them even worse unless another split happens.

Stone cold

And Engineer. Have you noticed what was done to Scrapper and Holosmith in the latest efforts at "balance."

i don't know anything about engis never played one so you will have to explain. The only classes i haven't played yet are engineer revenant warrior and guardian.

Every other class i've played at least some.

@Curunen.8729 said:Loss of IP is severe handicap for many reasons and there needs to be some additional change with clones to scaffold this or simply revert.

It is pretty much this, any other changes they may have planned for the resource production and reliability for Mesmer needs to be implemented, and if they have none yet then something needs to be formulated. Plenty of good suggestions from the community, many could be worked into a balance patch, I even have some ideas no longer on these forums anymore that may be backed up on one of their servers if they care to look into the past (like 6 years or so ago).

As for everyone comparing Mesmer to other professions, no one else gets complained about like Mesmer, as often they are just overtuned... but Mesmer is broken by design and has to be balanced in a way that accounts for a resource not always at 100% full potential because their resource can be destroyed. Necro doesn’t suffer from that, so it’s numbers can be tuned. Same for Engineer, or Thief, or Ranger (at least they can swap pets on a short enough CD or use Soulbeast and not worry about having their pet up)... none of them are reliant on a resource that can be destroyed within an autoattack or some AoE. No other profession potentially loses damage just because they chose to play that profession.

People need to understand, I do not think Mesmer is underpowered or overpowered either... they are balanced in an unfair way, both to non Mesmer players facing one and to the Mesmer community wanting some fair treatment when it comes to balancing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Hiraga Taichiru.1580 said:in 5 days from now, it will be a full month since the last update which nerfed chrono. Are ANET devs going to fix/rework the chrono E-spec? or not ??they at least should inform their players of their plans.... if they won't fix/rework the class, then it should be easy to leave the game, however don't waste our time whilst you don't plan on doing anything for this class.Really, I should be expecting one of Anet devs to write something here.Thanks

It's really fine to be honest, yes, some open world spec became slightly unplayable, but you can play other spec and it's fine.

@tim.4596 said:

@Hiraga Taichiru.1580 said:in 5 days from now, it will be a full month since the last update which nerfed chrono. Are ANET devs going to fix/rework the chrono E-spec? or not ??they at least should inform their players of their plans.... if they won't fix/rework the class, then it should be easy to leave the game, however don't waste our time whilst you don't plan on doing anything for this class.Really, I should be expecting one of Anet devs to write something here.Thanks

It's really fine to be honest, yes, some open world spec became slightly unplayable, but you can play other spec and it's fine.

It is not fine in modes other than PvE... that surely indicates a problem with the design. Even in PvE, supportive and many offensive builds are performing even worse than they were, and that is in optimal conditions. Any suboptimal condition is resulting in far worse representation and performance. Further even, in WvW and PvP, Chrono is now performing even worse than before because it has less instant tools to deal with many situations.

Thus the only mode of play left to Chrono is to always be behind or with others, to only perform as well or worse than any of them, while also always performing worse in solo situations. That does not seem fine... now, this is not to say that Chrono and every Mesmer variant could not be improved by adjusting some core functionality inherent to all Mesmer, in fact that would be optimal. In fact, Chrono as it is now may well illustrate exactly what really needs to happen so that all Mesmer can be balanced appropriately.

In short, the design issue revolves around the core functionality of illusions (clones and phantasms), resulting in variance in performance unlike that of other professions and thus subject to issues that become exacerbated when numeric tuning is employed (really what the most recent changes to Chrono did).

@Delofasht.4231 said:It is not fine in modes other than PvE... that surely indicates a problem with the design. Even in PvE, supportive and many offensive builds are performing even worse than they were, and that is in optimal conditions. Any suboptimal condition is resulting in far worse representation and performance. Further even, in WvW and PvP, Chrono is now performing even worse than before because it has less instant tools to deal with many situations.

Renegade says hello.

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:

Renegade says hello.

No. I've played renegade, I was able to perform better AoE Condi damage and better support than Chrono. but not the skills. what I mean is to have support legends like dwarf and centaur with renegade e-spec... this is actually better than Chrono atm (With F2, if I remember correctly, you could SPAM alacrity and heals, unlike Chrono)...So... "Chrono says hello"

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@Delofasht.4231 said:It is not fine in modes other than PvE... that surely indicates a problem with the design. Even in PvE, supportive and many offensive builds are performing even worse than they were, and that is in optimal conditions. Any suboptimal condition is resulting in far worse representation and performance. Further even, in WvW and PvP, Chrono is now performing even worse than before because it has less instant tools to deal with many situations.

Renegade says hello.

I actually switched to Renegade after Anet destroyed Mesmer... Again... It's not even close. I do 5-7k more DPS with 50% of the effort. Mesmer is in the worse spot since Beta.

@Delofasht.4231 said:

@tim.4596 said:

It is not fine in modes other than PvE... that surely indicates a problem with the design. Even in PvE, supportive and many offensive builds are performing even worse than they were, and that is in optimal conditions. Any suboptimal condition is resulting in far worse representation and performance. Further even, in WvW and PvP, Chrono is now performing even worse than before because it has less instant tools to deal with many situations.

To which PvE mode are you referring to exactly? Because in raid, condi chrono is not as good as mirage but it is still extremely strong, and the same goes for power chrono, it's currently one of the strongest class to do dps on (for small hitbox that is). In Fractals power chrono isn't performing so well, but it has never really been performing well due to how phantasm work, but you can nonetheless get descent number. I mean please give me an example in context, because after a few adjustment to my builds I'm not seeing that much difference in PvE at least.

Thus the only mode of play left to Chrono is to always be behind or with others, to only perform as well or worse than any of them, while also always performing worse in solo situations. That does not seem fine... now, this is not to say that Chrono and every Mesmer variant could not be improved by adjusting some core functionality inherent to all Mesmer, in fact that would be optimal. In fact, Chrono as it is now may well illustrate exactly what really needs to happen so that all Mesmer can be balanced appropriately.

In short, the design issue revolves around the core functionality of illusions (clones and phantasms), resulting in variance in performance unlike that of other professions and thus subject to issues that become exacerbated when numeric tuning is employed (really what the most recent changes to Chrono did).

@tim.4596 said:

@tim.4596 said:

To which PvE mode are you referring to exactly? Because in raid, condi chrono is not as good as mirage but it is still extremely strong, and the same goes for power chrono, it's currently one of the strongest class to do dps on (for small hitbox that is). In Fractals power chrono isn't performing so well, but it has never really been performing well due to how phantasm work, but you can nonetheless get descent number. I mean please give me an example in context, because after a few adjustment to my builds I'm not seeing that much difference in PvE at least.

You just said though, any situation outside of raid has Chrono performing worse in PvE than other professions. It functions, in so much as nothing actually causes the game to stop working completely, but it fails to perform at the same level as other professions. Not much more to say here except that it is the inherent flaw of Mesmer as a whole due to how their resource requires a target existing and then generating enough and living long enough for both the generation and the travel time of clones running in to shatter. There are numerous delays for damage with Mesmer in PvE that cause it to fall behind other professions that get instant gratification of pushing a button and seeing it do damage.

@Delofasht.4231 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@tim.4596 said:

You just said though, any situation outside of raid has Chrono performing worse in PvE than other professions. It functions, in so much as nothing actually causes the game to stop working completely, but it fails to perform at the same level as other professions. Not much more to say here except that it is the inherent flaw of Mesmer as a whole due to how their resource requires a target existing and then generating enough and living long enough for both the generation and the travel time of clones running in to shatter. There are numerous delays for damage with Mesmer in PvE that cause it to fall behind other professions that get instant gratification of pushing a button and seeing it do damage.

Well, the only real change which are noticeable so far are:

-Ability to cleanse condition-Ability to use CS without clones-Ability to Distort yourself with F4-Instant Damage ramp up with F1+F2

While, the ability to cleanse condition and using CS without clones are probably the biggest and most annoying changes, there are still workarounds which can be found. I don't PvP (Conquest/WvW) much so I don't want to say anything about those gamemods, but in PvE the most noticeable are Chrono skips in FotM, however you can simply swap to Core Mesmer and do the skips easily. CS without clones is a bit more tricky, I agree that in some cases, you simply cannot use it, but GW2 allows you to use consumables notably Feathers and Kit, which replicate the stealth effect more or less and you can still blast stealth, so while it's a change, in a coordinated group, it's not that bad, in raids, you can find workarounds by walking slightly further and generating one clone to be able to do your precast (Qadim 1.0).

I didn't include F4 Distort as to be fair, it's only recently (since the chrono change to phantasm) that chrono started using F4 as a distort, before it would destroy all your phantasms when using it so you'd avoid it at all cost. They also made significant change to SoI it's now on a 20s cool down, which allows you to distort most mechanics simply with that skill in FotM, SoI is also the only skills that is not affected by boon duration, it's a 3s flat boon extension. That means, if you use it 4 or 5x in your rotation instead of 6x by delaying it to distort mechanics it's not that bad. So to be fair there are almost no changes here, the only thing is that the game now ask you to play better.

Instant Damage ramp up, well that is unfortunate, but it's not much of a change, in PvE at least, CS instant burst from power chrono do less damage, but you know make sure to wait 3 clones instead of 0 or 1 to shatter, which if the fight is long enough, overall your damage is pretty much the same, lower ofc but the difference isn't insane.

Also just to say here, the main reason why people stopped playing Power Chrono, was not because of those changes, but because of a bug, which would make your CS activate instantly but only take effects once you clones had runn to your target and shattered, this would basically result in you not being able to cast continuum split at the end of your phantasm summon, but rather at the beginning, which made your whole CS rotation last less time, and in some cases (if your shatter got disabled on the way there) you'd still not be able to get back the skill you used while activating your CS. Anet however quickly fixed that bug, and power chrono is now completely playable.

So to be fair, Chrono changes are not as bad as people think. I'm chrono main and have 2.5k+ hours played on my mesmer, so believe me when I say that it's not that bad. I was extremely pissed at first, but workaround can be found, so right now even though there are some spec which cannot be played anymore as chrono, you can still play different build. For example, I had a very strong Chaos Build for open world/solo dungeons, which I now cannot use, as the whole idea behind that build was to upkeep more than 12 boons almost constantly on myself + alacrity without wells. That's not possible anymore. I've now opted towards a more offensive build, which works well, I just have to be more careful, since I cannot upkeep protection on myself anymore.

I completely understand that everyone is pissed about chrono changes, I still miss the old Chronomancer, but I think it's better at that point to look for work arounds rather than hope that Anet will revert the changes. I think if they had planned to do so, they would have done so already, and Anet is not very well known to come back on changes that they have made. Or at least that's my opinion of it, maybe this time round is different, I don't know.

@""tim.4596"

Playable is not the same as having good performance. It functions, but it is inferior to other professions. So, goes back to what I said earlier, Mesmer in PvE is being carried by friendly players. The agency of the Chrono player is removed because now they are always having to be reactive rather than proactive, they rely on clones and their target existing until their shatters have gone off, otherwise they will always perform sub-optimally compared to another profession.

We could talk at length about how it still does work, but it still is not as fluid or simply as other professions, more work with less result is never good, at least allow the performance to match other professions.

• 3 weeks later...

@"Curunen.8729" said:CSplit cooldown is too kitten high at 105s. Absolute joke. Somehow they forgot to adjust the cooldown when "merging" it with Distortion? xD

Loss of IP is severe handicap for many reasons and there needs to be some additional change with clones to scaffold this or simply revert.Are ANET devs going to Fix chrono ?

Probably not. Guess they got tired of bullying Necro. I've already found something else to play that lets me do what Chrono did. And it's not in GW2...

@Vincenzo.3145 said:

@"Curunen.8729" said:CSplit cooldown is too kitten high at 105s. Absolute joke. Somehow they forgot to adjust the cooldown when "merging" it with Distortion? xD

Loss of IP is severe handicap for many reasons and there needs to be some additional change with clones to scaffold this or simply revert.Are ANET devs going to Fix chrono ?

Probably not. Guess they got tired of bullying Necro. I've already found something else to play that lets me do what Chrono did. And it's not in GW2...

Well I mean Lost Time theoretically does address that one cannot dry shatter for alacrity anymore. So I think they are aware of the issue at least.

To sum up, PvP baddies cry about Mirage still giving them issues, somehow, while Holo and many other much stronger specs literally just exist, there's absolutely no hope from Chrono players to see the class anywhere near being playable anytime soon...

It's sad, but it doesn't seem like our grieving here creates any sort of traction. But on the other hand, if we'll go anywhere else it'll be the first issue times a thousand, because "wow mesmer shouldn't be useful ekshully they already like do too much and the LeLuSiOnS are confusing me and omg idk btw can you swap onto chrono for our CM runs plz".

Hopefully I'm wrong about this, but we went from endless "please change" threads into "can anyone hear us?" ones. Danger Time is toxic, as I explained once, IP is not a good tradeoff in any way, shape or form, and nerfing entire mesmer traits over and over and over again because just Mirage is overtuned at it's base level of concept alone got us to a point where you can't really put together an effective PvP build anymore. I mean, sure, is it possible to play mesmer good still? Of course it is. Is it worth it? Nope. Play what's not cumbersome and isn't at risk of making you relearn it in like a month or two. Been our life for years now, though.

I'm still going to remain cautiously-hopeful that we'll at least hear something about it, but to this day and seemingly months forward, Chrono remains subpar everywhere but in Raids (so is PvE mirage overall, really), Mirage is... Mirage?.. and Core's on Necro core levels of effectiveness. Except people now unironically use core necro terrormancer in PvP at least, so Necro's core overall fares better? I guess?

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

Well I mean Lost Time theoretically does address that one cannot dry shatter for alacrity anymore. So I think they are aware of the issue at least.

Dry shattering for alacrity or quickness literally does nothing but allow you to gather faster. That's it. The only time I could see this being an issue is maaaayyyybe potential burst combos in PvP, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutt wasting that many cooldowns (which are saved for burst combos with clones ANYWAY) for a couple of seconds of boontime is actually a waste especially considering that other classes can basically go drowning in quickness and alacrity where as Chrono requires you to stand in a damn well or SoI which is perfectly viable, legitimate, and balanced considering it's a utility cooldown, something which many classes have, and something other classes can use to get more quickness/alacrity than Chrono's could dream of.

All in all, if there are ANY detriments to Chrono dry shattering for boons, it is moot given the SoI nerf that used to let us copy boons which is what ORIGINALLY made dry shattering overpowered and yet is no longer a thing.

The only useful abilities for actually dry shattering are Distortion and Continuum Split. And if you're using those, you're not using em for the boons. The whole boon thing for 1 second is pretty moot and GREATLY exaggerated by other players. And even if it wasn't moot and you're wasting F1 and F2 for boons, you're STILL using a profession skill. Something ALL classes have. They need to be this way otherwise it's just a tickling skill for support specs.

@Vincenzo.3145 said:

Dry shattering for alacrity or quickness literally does nothing but allow you to gather faster. That's it. The only time I could see this being an issue is maaaayyyybe potential burst combos in PvP, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutt wasting that many cooldowns (which are saved for burst combos with clones ANYWAY) for a couple of seconds of boontime is actually a waste especially considering that other classes can basically go drowning in quickness and alacrity where as Chrono requires you to stand in a kitten well or SoI which is perfectly viable, legitimate, and balanced considering it's a utility cooldown, something which many classes have, and something other classes can use to get more quickness/alacrity than Chrono's could dream of.

All in all, if there are ANY detriments to Chrono dry shattering for boons, it is moot given the SoI nerf that used to let us copy boons which is what ORIGINALLY made dry shattering overpowered and yet is no longer a thing.

The only useful abilities for actually dry shattering are Distortion and Continuum Split. And if you're using those, you're not using em for the boons. The whole boon thing for 1 second is pretty moot and GREATLY exaggerated by other players. And even if it wasn't moot and you're wasting F1 and F2 for boons, you're STILL using a profession skill. Something ALL classes have. They need to be this way otherwise it's just a tickling skill for support specs.

I meant they are aware we don't have IP anymore and are attempting to fix it. Not that dry shattering was OP. I mean why make Seize the Moment aoe otherwise. It exists because of the current limitations.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

Dry shattering for alacrity or quickness literally does nothing but allow you to gather faster. That's it. The only time I could see this being an issue is maaaayyyybe potential burst combos in PvP, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutt wasting that many cooldowns (which are saved for burst combos with clones ANYWAY) for a couple of seconds of boontime is actually a waste especially considering that other classes can basically go drowning in quickness and alacrity where as Chrono requires you to stand in a kitten well or SoI which is perfectly viable, legitimate, and balanced considering it's a utility cooldown, something which many classes have, and something other classes can use to get more quickness/alacrity than Chrono's could dream of.

I meant they are aware we don't have IP anymore and are attempting to fix it. Not that dry shattering was OP. I mean why make Seize the Moment aoe otherwise. It exists because of the current limitations.

Source please? I need to know for certain if this is true. If it is, I might just actually come back to this game. I can live without Distort as I can just pop a signet. Just let me dry shatter.