Shuriken

SoulGuardian.6203

None. The odds of adding any kind of weapons at this point are low. Weapons that thematically fit one, maybe 2 classes? Not a chance in hell. Maybe a weapon kit, but at that point it wouldnt matter, as long as shortbow 5 exists, any offensive weapon set will just be useless in PvP and WvW, and in PvE its hard to justify using something other than Staff DD.

Well if you mean a throwing knife.We have that.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dancing_Dagger

Trivia:

• At one point during early development, stealing would force a bundle in the character's hands. This was accompanied by a trait which allowed the thief to "pocket" the stolen item, which later evolved into the stealing system as it functions today.

The items we get are pretty good, but I don't think they are going to disable a player's skill or weapon set because of it.

As a weapon?.. no chance.

If Ninja were to become an elite specialization for thief though, I could see Shurikens being intergrated into it as a mechanic.Each dodge, throw a shuriken!Every ranged attack, chance to throw a shuriken! (think similar to engineers rockets)New trap utility skills that when traited utalize additional special shurikens for additional effects and conditions.

New weapon.. Katana skin Greatsword obviously which can deflect projectiles and launch shurikens every time you block or deflect a projectile back at the target.

Could be a fun spec to play.

@Teratus.2859 said:As a weapon?.. no chance.

If Ninja were to become an elite specialization for thief though, I could see Shurikens being intergrated into it as a mechanic.Each dodge, throw a shuriken!Every ranged attack, chance to throw a shuriken! (think similar to engineers rockets)New trap utility skills that when traited utalize additional special shurikens for additional effects and conditions.

New weapon.. Katana skin Greatsword obviously which can deflect projectiles and launch shurikens every time you block or deflect a projectile back at the target.

Could be a fun spec to play.

I agree, it would be a fun warrior spec.

• 2 weeks later...