The textures are flashing.

Vox.9430

sorry to disturb you but for some time the textures blink and tire my eyes, I wanted to know if it is normal that textures blink? it happens on the flowers, the trees the water.

even passing through the video parameters of the fastest to the most beautiful problem remains the same

some help will be welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Its not the game, u could try updating graphic drivers, and or different settings in game, u not really given any technical details, if ur gpu is failing u can get all sorts of weird and wonderful graphic glitches, i'd start drivers, we don't even know if other games do it, as wit all puters u got multiple parts, if a fresh driver install doesn't do it then i'd pull the card and try a spare card if u have 1.

I'm sure ppl would help if u can give more info like even how long u had the problem does it do it with all games or just gw2, what gpu computer specs u got, is it a lappy etc.....

Could be a broken graphics card due to overheating. But before we assume the worst, it would really help if you posted what you've already done to narrow down the issue (or trying to solve it) and what your system specs are. For instance, have updated your drivers? Have installed DX 9.0c (in case you are on Windows 10)? Etc.

@deffy.1320 said:Its not the game, u could try updating graphic drivers, and or different settings in game, u not really given any technical details, if ur gpu is failing u can get all sorts of weird and wonderful graphic glitches, i'd start drivers, we don't even know if other games do it, as wit all puters u got multiple parts, if a fresh driver install doesn't do it then i'd pull the card and try a spare card if u have 1.

I'm sure ppl would help if u can give more info like even how long u had the problem does it do it with all games or just gw2, what gpu computer specs u got, is it a lappy etc.....

Yes sorry , i have only this video card i cant change for another one , have just updated her, and i have the probleme with only this game.Have windows 10 pro, Intel Core i7-4770, Nvidia GTX 770, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Hynix HMT451U6AFR8C-PB 4x4GB.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Could be a broken graphics card due to overheating. But before we assume the worst, it would really help if you posted what you've already done to narrow down the issue (or trying to solve it) and what your system specs are. For instance, have updated your drivers? Have installed DX 9.0c (in case you are on Windows 10)? Etc.

Have clean my graphic card , disable dvr and xbox , clean registery windows , try to change settings in game , sorry but where to download DX9.0c when i try to install it it's say it's onle for windows ME, XP, 2003, or 7.

thx you guys for replay abd ty to help me

@"SoldatSylvain.7984" said:Have clean my graphic card

Overheating can occur regardless of how dustfree you keep your hardware. For instance, when there isn't enough cooling fans installed, or when you don't run a sofware that automatically increases your gfx card's fan speed if the temperature rises.

disable dvr and xbox , clean registery windows , try to change settings in game , sorry but where to download DX9.0c when i try to install it it's say it's onle for windows ME, XP, 2003, or 7.

https://superuser.com/questions/979687/how-can-i-install-directx9-on-windows-10

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"SoldatSylvain.7984" said:Have clean my graphic card

Overheating can occur regardless of how dustfree you keep your hardware. For instance, when there isn't enough cooling fans installed, or when you don't run a sofware that automatically increases your gfx card's fan speed if the temperature rises.

disable dvr and xbox , clean registery windows , try to change settings in game , sorry but where to download DX9.0c when i try to install it it's say it's onle for windows ME, XP, 2003, or 7.

DX installed the probleme is allways here , can we speak about overheating if i have the problem since i just launch the game ? my fan speed up when i play the game i hear it

thx for helping

That's an old card "Nvidia GTX 770", all i know is when i had my sli setup with 2 asus top 670's when 1 card was failing it gave texture issues gpu's when failing do all sorts of wonderful things randomly even stopped gw2 shutting down tada!, if u purchased that card new i'd return it i know u say no other games are doing it but we don't know how intensive those games are, ur previous card didnt do it, why u not got the previous card to test? Could even be the slot on the mobo doubt it though we dont know ur mobo, how olds ur puter (looks old) did u build it was it pre built, wat psu u got gpu needs enough powar, sometimes reapply the heatsinks on gpus can breathe life bk into them only if ur confidant u won't damage it. This guy in this vid below is using terry towelling to place his gpu on that makes me nervous don't do that pls use esd mat or cardboard or wooden table static can kill.

for me my first line of defence is update drivers then look to an issue with the graphics card u have texture issues is a classic gpu issue, the card is old was it secondhand or bought new if bought new it could of been sitting somewhere a long time, could be faulty needs to be returned u got no other gpu to test with, i always look for the simple solution before going down complicated roads, to me it looks like a simple gpu issue, i always keep a spare gpu to test with.

did some1 build this for u or did u build this urself if some1 built this for u they should really put it right for u, we really need alot more info

i've heard rumors win 10 and some gpu drivers can cause issues with textures make sure clean install of drivers... i'd still want test that card in another puter or try new card in puter.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"SoldatSylvain.7984" said:can we speak about overheating if i have the problem since i just launch the game ? my fan speed up when i play the game i hear it

Yes, that is normal for GW2 and most other 3D applications. Do you run any other games?

Yes league of legends , i know this game is running their proper direct X 9 version but the fan dont run and i get perma 75 fps du to V-sync , no textures flashing .Factorio , perma 60 fps no texture flashingHearstone , no comment :)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Don't see anything odd in the above video. No textures flashing.

Look all stairs or bounty panel , they are mirco flashing every times i run

@"SoldatSylvain.7984" said:

@"SoldatSylvain.7984" said:can we speak about overheating if i have the problem since i just launch the game ? my fan speed up when i play the game i hear it

Yes, that is normal for GW2 and most other 3D applications. Do you run any other games?

Yes league of legends , i know this game is running their proper direct X 9 version but the fan dont run and i get perma 75 fps du to V-sync , no textures flashing .Factorio , perma 60 fps no texture flashingHearstone , no comment :)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Don't see anything odd in the above video. No textures flashing.

These are limitations that are inherent on how 3D computer graphics work. You will have this with any graphics card.In my own words, it is a limitation of a 3D world being mapped on a 2D raster (with pixels) monitor.

You can mitigate this by playing in a higher screen resolution, enable FSAA (Anti-aliasing) and enabling supersampling. However these require a powerful graphics card, which your GTX770 is not anymore.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@"SoldatSylvain.7984" said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Don't see anything odd in the above video. No textures flashing.

These are limitations that are inherent on how 3D computer graphics work. You will have this with any graphics card.In my own words, it is a limitation of a 3D world being mapped on a 2D raster (with pixels) monitor.

You can mitigate this by playing in a higher screen resolution, enable FSAA (Anti-aliasing) and enabling supersampling. However these require a powerful graphics card, which your GTX770 is not anymore.

this option are allready enable , i dont have visual lagg spike and my fps are good , the 770 can run the game with visual option you said .

https://i51.servimg.com/u/f51/16/29/20/25/gw2-6412.jpggw2-6412.jpg