New charr helms exclusive to RNG

Kahrgan.7401

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be unpopular opinion but I think some RNG is fine. Gives the item some value/prestige. I was drooling over the Berserker's Lightward's Battlestaff when it came out and still don' t have it nor have I paid for it, even though I can afford it. Little bit overpriced on the TP, but I have no problem how it is. I do get impressed when someone has it, because it's uncommon. Although it's rare to see someone have/use the skin.

@Mushuchalaka.9437 said:This may be unpopular opinion but I think some RNG is fine. Gives the item some value/prestige. I was drooling over the Berserker's Lightward's Battlestaff when it came out and still don' t have it nor have I paid for it, even though I can afford it. Little bit overpriced on the TP, but I have no problem how it is. I do get impressed when someone has it, because it's uncommon. Although it's rare to see someone have/use the skin.

Agree, but we are going to be in the minority. :)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:Merchandise Collector.

Oh gee, why can you buy that t-shirt when you get it from that collection as well? That doesn't make sense. Should have been a different reward IMO.

I am pretty sure the one you buy after finishing Master of Ceremonies has the Metal Legion logo on it and the one from Merchandise Collector is blank. Not 100% sure because the dyes on my chest armor on the alt that did the most previewing blacked out the logo, it was only when I happened to check on another alt I realized the logo was even there.

@Donari.5237 said:

@"Vavume.8065" said:Merchandise Collector.

Oh gee, why can you buy that t-shirt when you get it from that collection as well? That doesn't make sense. Should have been a different reward IMO.

I am pretty sure the one you buy after finishing Master of Ceremonies has the Metal Legion logo on it and the one from Merchandise Collector is blank. Not 100% sure because the dyes on my chest armor on the alt that did the most previewing blacked out the logo, it was only when I happened to check on another alt I realized the logo was even there.

According to wiki anyway, it's the exact same shirt. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Metal_Legion_Band_T-Shirt_Skin

Huh, I know I posted a correction. Or ... strongly meant to and got distracted? Anyway, yes, I checked right after Rose posted and they were right, it's the exact same item, so I stand corrected.

I guess I have a lot less urgency to completed the Merchandise collection now, I can let it happen slowly over time.

@"Kahrgan.7401" said:The new charr helms are amazing, however, they can only be obtained through RNG. Can you please put them on the map vendor for hatch chili + volatile? I would love to not feel screwed over by the game due to random numbers and luck.

This sentiment that says "If I can't have it now I am screwed over" is the real problem here.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Kahrgan.7401" said:The new charr helms are amazing, however, they can only be obtained through RNG. Can you please put them on the map vendor for hatch chili + volatile? I would love to not feel screwed over by the game due to random numbers and luck.

This sentiment that says "If I can't have it now I am screwed over" is the real problem here.

No, i just want to be able to realistically work towards something other than relying on RNG.

I could theoretically play for the next 10 years and never get it. Thats not a good thing.

@Kahrgan.7401 said:

@Kahrgan.7401 said:The new charr helms are amazing, however, they can only be obtained through RNG. Can you please put them on the map vendor for hatch chili + volatile? I would love to not feel screwed over by the game due to random numbers and luck.

No, i just want to be able to realistically work towards something other than relying on RNG.

I could theoretically play for the next 10 years and never get it. Thats not a good thing.It is to some people. Personally it's not my thing either, but I can live with a few loot pieces/collections that weren't meant for me. My charr will just have to do without those helms.