Full Screen crashes game after Windows 10 Update

Hi all,updated Windows 10 to build 18362.356 today. Trying to get into the game since then. Have updated my drivers to see if this helps, but unfortunately, it did not. Every other game I tested works just fine, it's GW2 that seems to have a problem.

Starting the game with -windowed works, but the moment I switch back to full screen, the game icon just disappears from the task bar and I'm back on my Desktop. No error message, no nothing. Tried -repair as well, also deleted temp files from game folder.

Any suggestions? This really is a problem, especially on reset day...

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Your choice. I'm sure Microsoft doesn't feel it is an issue, since they are the ones that tell you how to do it.

Good luck

There is no reason to ever leave an insecure OS. You should always be updating your PC, and Anet should be updating GW2 after every update to W10. Microsoft does think it's an issue to not use updates, that is why they made them virtually unable to be disabled, you can snooze them for 30 days, and the only way to permanently disable them is to do it at the service level, and even then it doesn't actually stay off, there is no permanent solution other than using Windows Server and setting up WSUS.

I have EVGA Percision X and I can control my video card fan. oddly I had the same problem until I turned my GPU fan to 100% and everything runs ok now. I believe the update causes the graphic cards to run hot or stop for whatever reason, no idea not a teki, I am using Nvidia GTX 1070 and I updated to that as well for gears 5 now every game I play the fan has to be on 100% or the games crash. back when 1803 rolled out I had the same problem and several updates later it was fine