Patch Notes

KrHome.1920

Grasping Darkness: This skill will now attempt to make the player face the target when activated instead of immediately failing when used on targets behind the player.

Dark Path: Holding down the key that activates this skill will no longer immediately fire Dark Pursuit. Fixed an issue in which the projectile did not track its target.Thanks a lot! Nothing more to say.

Just want to say that I tried sPvP as core Necro, and the new Dark Path is amazing. Whoever came up with the change should get an award :+1:Essentially, you can teleport to people who are vertical from you. So if someone is standing on a ledge above you, you can cast Dark Path and teleport way up there right next to them (and then fear them off), which was impossible before. You can also port across gaps in the terrain (whereas with the previous Dark Path version, you couldn't do this because your projectile can't cross holes in the ground). As another nice bonus, from what I've seen so far, if you Dark Path to someone and they teleport somewhere farrrrr away, you can press it again and literally teleport next to them no matter how far they went, which can make you pretty sticky. The option to teleport on your command also increases the skill cap of the skill imo.

On top of everything, if you don't port, you can corrupt groups of people with Path of Corruption every 6 secs.... which is pretty damn nice. Gj Anet, this was well done for core Necro :)

Edit: writing this in because of "projectile now follows target".

@"MethaneGas.8357" said:Just want to say that I tried sPvP as core Necro, and the new Dark Path is amazing. Whoever came up with the change should get an award :+1:Essentially, you can teleport to people who are vertical from you. So if someone is standing on a ledge above you, you can cast Dark Path and teleport way up there right next to them (and then fear them off), which was impossible before. You can also port across gaps in the terrain (whereas with the previous Dark Path version, you couldn't do this because your projectile can't cross holes in the ground). As another nice bonus, from what I've seen so far, if you Dark Path to someone and they teleport somewhere farrrrr away, you can press it again and literally teleport next to them no matter how far they went, which can make you pretty sticky. The option to teleport on your command also increases the skill cap of the skill imo.

On top of everything, if you don't port, you can corrupt groups of people with Path of Corruption every 6 secs.... which is pretty kitten nice. Gj Anet, this was well done for core Necro :)

Edit: writing this in because of "projectile now follows target".

Yeah, returning the homing did a LOT to improve the new skill.