Model Diplomat achievement not granting

When I cheered it was really close to the beginning of his speech. Like after the very first thing he said and I heard the charr around me start making noise. My bf cheered maybe a minute later and didn't get it. So the window seems to be a little small.

You could try spamming /cheer (after you type it in once you can hit enter then up arrow to immediately have what you previously did back in your chat window) as soon as you get into place. Also, don't be sitting in the chair when you are trying to cheer.

I missed it the first time bc honestly I was watching a second screen when the speech started :p

The second time I just spammed /cheer pretty much every time he paused or finished a sentence and I got it fairly early on in the speech. Don't remember the specific line though :/

• 1 month later...

@"MerlinNZ.3510" said:it seems like you cannot get this achievement if you join in on someone else's mission. You have to be the one that starts the mission.

Not the case. I'm in the instance with friends right now as the owner, and both I and a party member just got it. And we got it In both cases by cheering immediately he said "Let Tyria hear you." Whereas a third party member didn't cheer until a couple of seconds later, and didn't get it. That may not be the only point at which you can get it, but it suggests that timing is rather important.

(Based on other comments in this thread, neither of us was seated. That may be relevant or be an utter red herring, but it remains a possibility until someone can definitive say otherwise.)