GW2 Not utilizing my eGPU at all. All other games work perfect besides GW2. Is there a fix?

Wondering if i'm missing something here? I'm using an RX560 via GDC Beast PCIE Express card through my Lenovo Thinkpad x230. I've changed my GPU settings to have GW2 utilize my GPU, as well as display settings in windows 10. Nothing seems to be working. GW2 will only use my integrated graphics. Has anyone else had this issue - and solved it? Thanks in advance for any help!

Windows will auto use the onboard graphics if you are on battery or in power save mode regardless of setting your preferred GPU, You will need to set a "classic app" rule in those settings to always use ati card. I had the same issue on my all in one optiplex at work even though it was never on battery as it has no battery... hope this works for you!

@AquarianS.1596 said:Hi there! This is what I have done, and it still seems to be be using the integrated graphics. Or it may be using the GPU, but it definitely doesn't seem like it. What else could I do to troubleshoot? Thanks for the help!

If you don't know, why are you saying its not?

First step is to check GPU load while playing GW2, once you have confirmed it is or is not using the external GPU, we can troubleshoot from there.

@AquarianS.1596 said:Hi there! This is what I have done, and it still seems to be be using the integrated graphics. Or it may be using the GPU, but it definitely doesn't seem like it. What else could I do to troubleshoot? Thanks for the help!

When you open GW go to windowed mode and then open up task manger and click on the performance tab (you may have to click more details first)from there you should see GPU load percentage that will tell you if you are using the ATI card or not

GW2 performance is more out of your CPU rather than your GPU as many knowUnfortunately GW2 Engine also only utilizes ONE core and so your performance will only come from one of your cores from your I5I am not too tech-savy when it comes to computers/pc but I can say that after upgrading my CPU and installing a SSD and putting GW2 on the SSD has made a CRAZY difference to what my old computer was doing with GW2

@AquarianS.1596 said:Turns out it's using 100% of my GPU. I have an intel i5 3320m and an AMD RX560 which should be plenty enough to run this game yet i'm getting 9fps in a non-congested area. No clue what could be causing this...... what else can I try?

Check that Vsync is not turned on,Check you resolution i wouldn't be trying to run any higher than 1080 on that cardWhat are your graphics settings? my personal XP with AMD cards and GW2 has been don't even try to run with shaders.adjust your graphic settingsStart at best performance and increase items one at a time until you get the balance of performance/visual you can live with.Key ones - shaders, LOD, shadows, Motion blur (Higher =more FPS programming trick) , Use high res textures -This one take up allot more resources than one might think, charter model limit/quality I found in the past the difference between and medium and high wasn't enough to justify the performance hitI manged to recreate your issue here on my 8750A i7 4770s simply using the auto detect graphics options. So like i said start with best performance and then add

Couple other things to note:How much Ram does your system have ? not the GPU but the entire system?What speed of Hard drive are you running ? if you have a spinning hard drive throw it out and install a ssd

@AquarianS.1596 said:Turns out it's using 100% of my GPU. I have an intel i5 3320m and an AMD RX560 which should be plenty enough to run this game yet i'm getting 9fps in a non-congested area. No clue what could be causing this...... what else can I try?

While the RX560 is a lower end GPU, it's more than enough for good FPS in GW2, I would expect 9FPS off of say the iGPU. If the GPU is 100% loaded, it's not the game, something else is loading up the GPU that much, as if it was actually using it, you would have much higher FPS. So something is going on with the GPU load, either another program is using it in the background, or there is a driver issue causing the GPU to have an artificial load.

What is your CPU load at the same time, on a core by core basis?