[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

There are so many pages of comments here already that I don't have the time to read through all to see if these things have been said yet or not, but here I go!

I am a leader of a big guild on the EU side and we host guild events and missions every week on multiple days. We have ran into many problems when it comes to the actual built-in guild content, especially Guild Missions and Guild Hall.

The Guild Missions

The Guild Missions are fun and there are quite a few of them, but I don't remember when was the last time that those saw an update?The RNG that decides the missions for each week on Monday reset can be really pain in the butt when you get the same missions over and over again. You might get 3x Bounty and 3x Trek missions for a week for example, which seems ridiculous..So my QOL suggestion for guild missions is to perhaps get new missions or make the current ones more meaningful and feel less like a chore.

• New Trek Locations
  • New bounty targets / update current target skills or route
  • New races
  • New challenges or tweak the challenges to provide more action and less idle time
  • New puzzle mechanics (it is easy to trap guild members behind in previous rooms/areas currently with big group)
  • Maybe a new level of guild missions for even harder one (extreme missions)

The Guild Hall

The guild halls we currently have are super, great, absolutely fantastic... Especially when you can decorate them how ever you want (with few restrictions).But there are problems with the instances. When a big group enters the guild hall at the same time (during missions for example, to use portal), we sometimes end up in 2 different guild hall instances and it't not even the "new instance" click yes or stay thing, but actually on 2 different sub servers. This is annoying if the mission leaders with portal access get into the other instance where the other members are not in...My own suggestions for Guild Hall QOL changes are these

• Increase the instance size, so bigger guilds don't have to click YES 100 times before starting content together
  • Add separate Banker NPC instead of having to use the Scribe station for Bank and Materials
  • Add new level(s) for big guilds to have reason to complete missions and gather materials for the guild for new upgradeswith new guild levels, we could perhaps unlock mystic forge, trading post npc, practice dummies etc. into the guild hall
  • Increase the Decoration limit per space to allow more freedom on creating even more beautiful Guild Halls

There are probably more things that I was about to write about and say, but I am currently down with a flu and it is quite early in the morning.. so I am sure I missed something.Final notes:I would love to see more updates towards Guilds, Guild Missions, Guild Halls and perhaps bring back the GW1 Guild vs Guild ?

Balance wvw classes from individual extremely overpowered game broken builds and mass group plays will be even more balance. EX: mesmers thiefs rangers all have stupid builds that can survive outlast escape full partys chasing them on foot due to mechanichs not given any thought to it. No class should be able to do that.

Bag slot expansion should be itemized

Problem: Bag slots are unlike almost every other premium item in the game, in that they are, through any normal means, irreversibly tied to a specific character and create a sunk cost in that character. It creates a liability that discourages changing the status of a character, i.e. from main to alt, or from alt to mule, or from mule to deleted. This is counter to the philosophy of offering premium items as "convenience" features - it instead restricts the options that a player has without incurring a significant loss of resources. Precedent for a change can be taken from infinite gathering tools, which used to be soulbound.

Big-picture suggestion: Refactor the way bags and bag slots are treated, to move the expansion feature to the bag instead of the slot.

• Give bags an upgrade slot for a Premium Rune (call it whatever you like for flavor, e.g. Rune of Weightlessness, Black Lion Rune, MagLev Strings, etc).
  • Make a distinction between two types of bag slots: a regular bag slot (unchanged), and additional Premium Bag Slots. These are equivalent to the current expansion slots, but are always available and do not require unlocking.
  • Introduce a new gem store item that replaces the current bag slot expansion: the Premium Rune. This rune can be slotted into or removed from bags (similar to a glyph for tools). Its function is to make the bag equippable to a Premium slot. Without this rune, the bag can only be equipped to a regular slot.

The intended metaphor (though one is not required) is that characters can hold up to 5 bags of normal weight, and the premium-rune bags can be held in potentially greater quantities because the rune confers weightlessness to those bags.

I believe this is a 1:1 correspondence between the old Bag Slot Expansion, and the new Premium Rune, with the only difference being that the Premium Rune can be moved between characters, whereas the bag slot expansion cannot. It should also be possible to seamlessly transition from the old system to the new one: simply add a free Premium Rune to any bag currently occupying an expanded slot, and for any expansion slot that is currently not equipped with a bag, provide one free Rune via the mail system.

I request that https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winter%27s_Presence shoulder skin becomes infusion or something else entirely, just not SHOULDER skin.

Everyone who got it is annoyed that it replaces shoulder skin, instead of covers it, and why is it annoying?Because this game, as even developers are aware, is fashion wars, and there is so many beautiful shoulder skins that came out in meantime that you want to wear, spent time farming or bought, in combination with Winter's presence, making ultimate look.

Also, its not materialized on shoulders, it is snowflakes all around the character, i really don't see why the restrictions on its type.I humbly ask you to change it,thanks in advance

I don't know if it has been said, but more map connectivity would be welcome.I find that using waypoints breaks the game flow a little and would like to see some others mean if possible.For instance a ship or an airship line connecting Vabbi and the Lion Arch;Or a portal linking Rata Sum and the deep Maguma Jungle, which is almost canon.I find the maps that are completely disconnected from the rest of the world a little jarring.

@"Konrad Curze.5130" said:The QoL I've been waiting for 7 years

2 new slots on the equipment tab: food and utility, where you can drop stacks

And a check for each one: "auto-consume when expires"+1 thumb@Aeon.4583 said:Suggestion:Special Shared Slot for Food and for Utility with autorenew function.

Discription:Special Shared Slots for Foods and Utilities. If character gets Malnourished\Diminished effect, those shared slots will perform automatic use of single portion of Food\Utility, currently placed in respective slot.

I would love to see a home instance (premium or otherwise) that is organized logically for quick harvesting of like items and with some sort of basic merchant that would sell additional standard harvesting tools and to whom we can sell junk. I would be fine with this being a relatively small area, just the priority is not having to run all over trying to chase things down, expandability for future released home instance nodes, and now able to make good use of the glyph of reaping.

On a different line, and similar to what has been said before, I would like a single tome that would consolidate all premium instances, much like the LW Tomes for the separate scrolls. Ideally this would also include the link to my aforementioned premium home instance. :-)

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:I would love to see a home instance (premium or otherwise) that is organized logically for quick harvesting of like items and with some sort of basic merchant that would sell additional standard harvesting tools and to whom we can sell junk. I would be fine with this being a relatively small area, just the priority is not having to run all over trying to chase things down, expandability for future released home instance nodes, and now able to make good use of the glyph of reaping.

I would go a bit further and reiterate an old suggestion of mine in this thread: Open up the home instance to decorations and include the ability to place/move your harvesting nodes to the spot of your choosing. But this would be a feature at this point and not a simple QoL change. Still, I'd love to see that.

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:On a different line, and similar to what has been said before, I would like a single tome that would consolidate all premium instances, much like the LW Tomes for the separate scrolls. Ideally this would also include the link to my aforementioned premium home instance. :-)

Again, I'd go a bit further and turn the tomes into equippable items that you can slot into a brand new and keybound 'Account Equipment Slot'.

@MikeG.6389 said:

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:On a different line, and similar to what has been said before, I would like a single tome that would consolidate all premium instances, much like the LW Tomes for the separate scrolls. Ideally this would also include the link to my aforementioned premium home instance. :-)

Again, I'd go a bit further and turn the tomes into equippable items that you can slot into a brand new and keybound 'Account Equipment Slot'.I have no objections to your additions to what I have requested here, but I was trying to keep within what we have already seen the Developers be willing to do on the assumption that they might be more willing to do variants on existing things than introduce novel ones.

Norn "elite" forms. Need love. My suggestion is:

• "Become the Leopard": main 5 skills appear with no utilities, as usual.
  • "Dash": (or any other skill) hold for full current effect, as usual.
  • "Become the Leopard" ends: all skills return, "become the Leopard" starts a MUCH shorter recharge.Waiting 4 minutes to gain 30 seconds of access to your "spirit guide's" skills, 3 with long recharge times, does not feel like a form. It does feel like a waste of the elite skill slot.Being able to do something "leopardlike", every 20 seconds or so, would feel more like a form. The Leopard's "dash/pounce" combo was a nice idea, but is redundant now that pretty much all mounts can close the gap better.To make the skill even cooler. present the form's avatar (in this case Leopard) while the elite skill is equipped... PvE only of course.And while I am already suggesting more work for your programmers, how about Norns getting an extra option to dye their forms. :)I haven't looked at all forms to see if these are options but I really want to use leopard form. In it's current form, I can't.

@"Evolving Minotaur.5871" said:Norn "elite" forms. Need love. My suggestion is:

• "Become the Leopard": main 5 skills appear with no utilities, as usual.
  • "Dash": (or any other skill) hold for full current effect, as usual.
  • "Become the Leopard" ends: all skills return, "become the Leopard" starts a MUCH shorter recharge.Waiting 4 minutes to gain 30 seconds of access to your "spirit guide's" skills, 3 with long recharge times, does not feel like a form. It does feel like a waste of the elite skill slot.Being able to do something "leopardlike", every 20 seconds or so, would feel more like a form. The Leopard's "dash/pounce" combo was a nice idea, but is redundant now that pretty much all mounts can close the gap better.To make the skill even cooler. present the form's avatar (in this case Leopard) while the elite skill is equipped... PvE only of course.And while I am already suggesting more work for your programmers, how about Norns getting an extra option to dye their forms. :)I haven't looked at all forms to see if these are options but I really want to use leopard form. In it's current form, I can't.

I have some little meager hope that the new mastery for LS5 will impact these in some way to make them better, or else replace them with similar functionality through the mastery.

Could there be some way to make the infinitely repeatable achievements like....look different in the hero panel so they don't just look like incomplete achievements all the time?

And please. I beg of you. Give us some way of combining the converter items together, like how the Gleam of Sentience works. There are tons of them and they could greatly benefit from the vendor window that lets you convert materials from mat storage.

Edit: Oh. Also. If a WP/POI/etc. is linked in chat while in the Mistlock Sanctuary, can it please actually pan to where it is on the map. You can view all of the map by switching map layers while in Mistlock, don't see why it has to be a nuisance to pan to a linked thing.

@Ototo.3214 said:Could there be some way to make the infinitely repeatable achievements like....look different in the hero panel so they don't just look like incomplete achievements all the time?

Also: if you add an infinitely repeatable achievement to your watch list, when you complete that achievement, can it stay on your watch list (so you can complete it again)? ...I'm annoyed with Master Diver for the sunken chests and having to find it and re-add it to watch list again and again

Infinite achievements that don't give reward for repeating them should NOT be infinite. (NOT talking about the ones that are repeatable AND reward you per repeat)Just make it another achievement with few tiers to do, which would give AP, and like any other achievement it should be done once max AP is reached.For example, infinite achievement for vault in the new map is unnecessary, it doesn't give you rewards other than 10 AP so it shouldn't be infinite.It's also driving me insane, and I think I'm not the only one, but my OCD is killing me when I have to look at incomplete achievements.

@Udolpho.1209 said:

@Ototo.3214 said:Could there be some way to make the infinitely repeatable achievements like....look different in the hero panel so they don't just look like incomplete achievements all the time?

Also: if you add an infinitely repeatable achievement to your watch list, when you complete that achievement, can it stay on your watch list (so you can complete it again)? ...I'm annoyed with Master Diver for the sunken chests and having to find it and re-add it to watch list again and again

That's also a really good point I hadn't thought of, but I can see how that's super annoying with Master Diver.

I agree.Achievements like Agent of Entropy have basically no reason to exist other than to tell me how many items I've ever salvaged which...it doesn't give me any more AP after repeating thousands of times and becomes more of a nuisance to see pop up multiple times when salvaging through stacks of unidentified gear. I'd be fine with ones like that being removed from infinite repeatability or at least not giving a popup every time it's "completed" after hitting the AP cap on it.

However, I don't remember if there are others where the repeatability has a purpose, like Master Diver, that don't necessarily give a reward. With Master Diver you do continue to get a reward (the swim infusions I assume you keep getting even if you reach the cap? Correct me if I'm wrong), then the achievement itself tells you which chests you still need to open which in and of itself is a use regardless of the reward. Not sure if things like some holiday achievements are like that without a reward, which I'd be fine with if they had a purpose of tracking. But if it's like Agent of Entropy I completely agree.