Airship Battle WvW Meta Event

Knighthonor.4061

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:And that’s right, @Knighthonor.4061, most of your ideas are gimmicks to make wvw into wow AV. Mine revolve more around RvR games like
, and try to tackle the persistent wvw issues we’ve had over the past 7 years... Of which you haven’t been are part of until more recently, and only have like 250 ranks.

lol keep telling yourself that. You may start to actually believe it...

And you can keep telling yourself that we want wow battleground gimmicks inside of wvw, but it won’t happen.

1. World vs World vs World should feel like (excuse the wording, but I think it fits) Living World vs Living World vs Living World to fight over.
    Think of this in terms of having a WvW that’s full of “life”, objectives, events, special events and stories like in pve,
    epic monsters and creatures and npcs roaming the lands, unique champions and their minions that spawn to defend structures when players are not present to do so, unique resources to loot and gather to craft unique personal gear and guild stuff… Essentially, create a place with all the bells and whistles to make a truly epic pvp experience.

Yeah but its just me....

Read up on Camelot Unchained

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:And that’s right, @Knighthonor.4061, most of your ideas are gimmicks to make wvw into wow AV. Mine revolve more around RvR games like
, and try to tackle the persistent wvw issues we’ve had over the past 7 years... Of which you haven’t been are part of until more recently, and only have like 250 ranks.

And you can keep telling yourself that we want wow battleground gimmicks inside of wvw, but it won’t happen.

1. World vs World vs World should feel like (excuse the wording, but I think it fits) Living World vs Living World vs Living World to fight over.
    Think of this in terms of having a WvW that’s full of “life”, objectives, events, special events and stories like in pve,
    epic monsters and creatures and npcs roaming the lands, unique champions and their minions that spawn to defend structures when players are not present to do so, unique resources to loot and gather to craft unique personal gear and guild stuff… Essentially, create a place with all the bells and whistles to make a truly epic pvp experience.

Yeah but its just me....

Thats a totally different game.

Why is it ok for you to bring up a game features you like from a game you like that is nothing like GW2?

but not ok for me to bring up game features I like from a game I like?

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Yeah but its just me....

Why is it ok for you to bring up a game features you like from a game you like that is nothing like GW2, but not ok for me to bring up game features I like from a game I like?

That’s an RvR game made by the lead designer of DAoC... That what GW2 RvR was inspired by... and will be competing against a number of other RvR games in the works... Not wow battlegrounds...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Jacobs_(game_designer)

“Mark Jacobs is an American game designer, programmer, author and businessman, and the former GM/VP/CEO of Mythic Entertainment, Inc. Best known as a lead designer of Dark Age of Camelot (2001) and Camelot Unchained (2019)”...

@Swagger.1459 said:

Yeah but its just me....

Why is it ok for you to bring up a game features you like from a game you like that is nothing like GW2, but not ok for me to bring up game features I like from a game I like?

That’s an RvR game made by the lead designer of DAoC... That what GW2 RvR was inspired by... and will be competing against a number of other RvR games in the works... Not wow battlegrounds...

)

“Mark Jacobs is an American game designer, programmer, author and businessman, and the former GM/VP/CEO of Mythic Entertainment, Inc. Best known as a lead designer of Dark Age of Camelot (2001) and Camelot Unchained (2019)”...

And this,,,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Online:_Age_of_ReckoningNice trylol

@Knighthonor.4061 You’re not even paying attention... You want an airship meta event inside a mode that is already lagging half the time due to 100v100v100 players straining the server. And the devs would have to spend the next year + tossing time and money on a gimmick inside of the laggiest map, at the expense of essential and more important updates.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Yeah but its just me....

)

And this,,,
Nice trylol

Yeah, what’s your point? Who cares?

@Swagger.1459 said:

Yeah but its just me....

)

And this,,,
Nice trylol

same point as yours.

Camelot Unchained is nothing like GW2. If I cant bring up Old AV, you cant bring up DAoC, CU or any of that stuff since its nothing like GW2

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Yeah but its just me....

)

And this,,,
Nice trylol

same point as yours.

Camelot Unchained is nothing like GW2. If I cant bring up Old AV, you cant bring up DAoC, CU or any of that stuff since its nothing like GW2

RvR mode taking elements from RvR games... lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realm_versus_Realm

@Swagger.1459 said:

Yeah but its just me....

)

And this,,,
Nice trylol

same point as yours.

Read your own links

his concept is also referred to as Group versus Group,[1] Race versus Race, Nation versus Nation, or Faction versus Faction depending on the specific implementation in the game under discussion. Contrast with "Guild versus Guild" games (or GvG, in an alternate usage from Group versus Group), such as Shadowbane or Age of Conan, in which players organize themselves into factions of their own creation and design rather than realms which are prebuilt by the game developers.

thats not exclusive to any of the games you mentioned

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Yeah but its just me....

)

And this,,,
Nice trylol

same point as yours.

Read your own links

his concept is also referred to as Group versus Group,[1] Race versus Race, Nation versus Nation, or Faction versus Faction depending on the specific implementation in the game under discussion. Contrast with "Guild versus Guild" games (or GvG, in an alternate usage from Group versus Group), such as Shadowbane or Age of Conan, in which players organize themselves into factions of their own creation and design rather than realms which are prebuilt by the game developers.

Seriously, you’re not getting air ship battles inside of wvw... Try suggesting something more reasonable for a change.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Yeah but its just me....

)

And this,,,
Nice trylol

same point as yours.

Read your own links

Seriously, you’re not getting air ship battles inside of wvw... Try suggesting something more reasonable for a change.

Whatever you say Anet employee Swagger.....

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Yeah but its just me....

)

And this,,,
Nice trylol

same point as yours.

Read your own links

He's got a good point.Nothing you've suggested has the faintest chance of happening. In the last 4 years we got a reskinned pve mount, a feature disabled for an event and empty promises..

The cynicism is well earned

@LetoII.3782 said:

Yeah but its just me....

)

And this,,,
Nice trylol

same point as yours.

Read your own links

He's got a good point.Nothing you've suggested has the faintest chance of happening. In the last 4 years we got a reskinned pve mount, a feature disabled for an event and empty promises..

The cynicism is well earned

I dont really care what he say will or will not be in the game. It's just an idea thread. People said Raids, Healers, and Mounts would never been in the game as well. People said new classes would never be in the game as well. So on. Ideas sometimes become reality if the developers like it or not. Key word, Sometimes. That's all that's needed.

Putting tape on a leak will not solve the problem.Putting a bandaid on a bullet wound won't solve the problem.

Adding more content to WvW wont solve the problem. What problem you ask?WvW problems

• Lag
  • Damage out of control in sergs
  • Pirate Ship "battles" where only the range classes enjoy the "battle."
  • Mounts
  • Among side others...

@"Hitman.5829" said:Putting tape on a leak will not solve the problem.Putting a bandaid on a bullet wound won't solve the problem.

Adding more content to WvW wont solve the problem. What problem you ask?WvW problems

• Lag
  • Damage out of control in sergs
  • Pirate Ship "battles" where only the range classes enjoy the "battle."
  • Mounts
  • Among side others...

This just an idea thread. Not a plan of action to fix all problems in the game.

People acting like ideas for games don't float around. I never said every idea ever posted should or would be done. It's just putting ideas on the table and discussion of the idea. That's all.

Which table for you putting them on? None. It's great that you're new enough to think anything on these forums is even read by any devs (who tend towards reddit), or that there are any devs working full time on wvw or that they would even consider devoting the sort of resources to wvw that your suggestions would take to even get close to implementing.

Maybe they secretly collect all the idea we've ever had and keep them somewhere in case they ever decide to make GW3?

@"Baldrick.8967" said:Which table for you putting them on? None. It's great that you're new enough to think anything on these forums is even read by any devs (who tend towards reddit), or that there are any devs working full time on wvw or that they would even consider devoting the sort of resources to wvw that your suggestions would take to even get close to implementing.

Maybe they secretly collect all the idea we've ever had and keep them somewhere in case they ever decide to make GW3?

Ideas like this could be selling points for future Expansions.. Don't need to be done right away or anything. Always room for a idea to float around. Seen the same thing back when I was part of the WoW and Rift community. Ideas floated around a long time before implemented. Even had developers contact me personally. Ideas float. Don't mean it ever will be introduced to the game. And never said every idea I come up with must be added "or else".

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Baldrick.8967 said:. Even had developers contact me personally.

Any evidence to back that up? Which games? I've had developers of minor games contact me too (as I was helping fund them..all covered by NDA's), and had devs of major games respond to posts of mine- the two are very different. What was the result of those contacts?

'Could be selling points for future expansions', except wvw won't get any expansions- we've had one cast off map which was designed for pve and then used for wvw, and they have said no more maps are in development.

I admire your enthusiasm.

@Baldrick.8967 said:

@Baldrick.8967 said:. Even had developers contact me personally.

Any evidence to back that up? Which games? I've had developers of minor games contact me too (as I was helping fund them..all covered by NDA's), and had devs of major games respond to posts of mine- the two are very different. What was the result of those contacts?

'Could be selling points for future expansions', except wvw won't get any expansions- we've had one cast off map which was designed for pve and then used for wvw, and they have said no more maps are in development.

I admire your enthusiasm.

I dont want to put their name out there. But whats funny, people like here shitted on my ideas, and then developer contacted me privately, and discussed the idea. It was added and people liked it. lol. Thats why in the idea thread I made here for the outpost idea, I posted a picture of my idea using 7 Days To Die instead of just posting text to explain the idea. Because most people dont have an imagination to picture ideas that are just text. One day Anet's staff will learn this lesson as well...