"This APP can't run on your PC"

DId a computer restart - now the icon is gone and the gw2.exe within the install file says the same thing......does this mean I need to uninstall and re-download the entire thing? Or if I do that, is another one of your hotfixes going to break it again? With all due respect, I didn't spend 100+ bucks pre-ordering the game to be sitting here figuring this stuff out instead of playing the game...

• 3 months later...

@Healix.5819 said:It's a Windows error that means the executable is invalid. GW2 likely failed to update itself, so there should be a ~30 MB Gw2.tmp or Gw2.### file in your GW2 folder that you can rename back to Gw2.exe. Alternatively, download Gw2Setup.exe, rename it to Gw2.exe and put it back.

Thank you Healix your fixed worked for me.All my Gw2.### was saying 0kb so i grabbed a Gw2Setup.exe rename it and boom back in action.Thanks again

• 1 year later...

@Zenim.3726 said:

@Healix.5819 said:It's a Windows error that means the executable is invalid. GW2 likely failed to update itself, so there should be a ~30 MB Gw2.tmp or Gw2.### file in your GW2 folder that you can rename back to Gw2.exe. Alternatively, download Gw2Setup.exe, rename it to Gw2.exe and put it back.

Thank you Healix your fixed worked for me.All my Gw2.### was saying 0kb so i grabbed a Gw2Setup.exe rename it and boom back in action.Thanks again

This just happened to me, and the fix above works great.

• 2 years later...
On 9/22/2017 at 11:31 PM, Healix.5819 said:

It's a Windows error that means the executable is invalid. GW2 likely failed to update itself, so there should be a ~30 MB Gw2.tmp or Gw2.### file in your GW2 folder that you can rename back to Gw2.exe. Alternatively, download Gw2Setup.exe, rename it to Gw2.exe and put it back.

Just bumping here in the future, since this is the top result on google for "gw2 this app cant run on your pc," to say that this still works.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 4:31 AM, Healix.5819 said:

It's a Windows error that means the executable is invalid. GW2 likely failed to update itself, so there should be a ~30 MB Gw2.tmp or Gw2.### file in your GW2 folder that you can rename back to Gw2.exe. Alternatively, download Gw2Setup.exe, rename it to Gw2.exe and put it back.

I just had this issue with my GW2.### file and your solution worked a treat. Bumping this to save others the stress and bid you a hearty thanks.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello I know it's a very old post but I'll try anyway:
either I try to re-install from scratch or use the folder with all game downloaded I cant run the game anymore.
the .exe file is still there and if I move it away and rename the .tmp file and try to run it nothing happens, the launcher does not even show up (but every time I run the original .exe from the website after changing its name to gw2 or gw2-64 the launcher pops up for a second then crashes/closes)
also: I run windows 10, firewall is deactivated at the moment and i dont have an antivirus that can block the game;
also2: I've been playing the past month with no problems after downloading all game files from HoT to SotO after a loooong break.

18 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

You weren't using any third-party apps like arcdps or reshade, were you?  Remove those if you were.

If you add -log to the command line arguments, you might be able to find a clue in that log file.  Also check the Windows event viewer.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

I did the -log thing and I got this into the "appdata/roaming/guildwars2":

00000168: Perf: Build 61760
00000168: Perf: 2023-09-23T16:42:55Z
00000168: Perf: Platform 1
00000195: Perf: Archive has version 1 header

(I dont have any 3rd party apps and never used them)

• Like 2