[SUGGESTION] An expansion to Cantha + SAGA (LIVING STORY 6)

rylien.3824

@Arenanet Team.4819I would like you to give several of your suggestions if you have admitted that a hypothetical extension to Cantha is in the works.Here, you will detail in an argument, a brief summary of what this extension would be, according to the following diagram:Before the extension: you can, if you wish, imagine a brief summary of what is going on... (via link to Icebrood SAGA).While imagining, and this will remain optional (the choice that the last episode be to these countries), according to two formulas that you will choose for the last episode of Icebrood SAGA:

Formula 1: The last episode or Epilogue of the SAGA, will take you to the Empire of the Winds. (Map next to the Lion Arch + next to the Caledon Forest Included).Formula 2: The Last Episode or EpilogueEXTENSION: respect the order, and given pattern, so that it may appear clear, legible

• NAME OF EXTENSIONInvent here the name of the extension, and its abbreviation

HISTORYHere, in a brief detail, the journey of the Commander and his various heroes through the ancient continent of Cantha, cut off from the world for more than 250 years, thus concluding a new threat to Tyria

MASTERYDetail here, briefly, 5 mastered and under-mastered (be realistic in quantity)

ELITE SPECIALIZATIONSGive a brief description of the various elite specializations, their weapons, their uses, their names and their stories

GUILD HALLHere you detail a brief account of the place of history, a brief "physical" description (or you can import a picture to give an idea), and the geographical location of this place. You have the right, if you wish, to post up to 2 Guild Halls.NAME OF THE MAPSHere you will have to invent a name for Maps (you have the right to take back old ones from Guild Wars 1), but especially of their data a little story about current events in the region at , Cantha_If you do not take the above formulas, a suggestion that is not obligatory, linked to what I said above, can be made here: In its maps you will have to choose these:

Formula 1: You will have an accessibility to Empire of Winds from the beginning. (Map next to, Lion Arch + next to, Caledon Forest Included)

Formula 2: You will have an accessibility to Empire of Winds from the very beginning. (Map next to In Caledon Forest only).As for the rest, you have the right to imagine also that the Extension of Cantha explores in addition, 2 map of the water depths: map of the Largos and map +++ if you wish.SAGA: Living History 6:Here you will find a brief summary of the history, post-extension, its mastery (no need to detail the subcategories here), the names of the maps and its various news, as well as the name of this SAGA.(No need to go into too much detail, this is not the most important HV on this subject!).

Give your case, your suggestions! :)My suggestions will follow this position.

Previous extension: Formula 1 selectedFrom this episode, you will face an invitation to the chief, of the Empire of the Vists, having proved to the Tyrians your qualities as Commander, as Hero: the Tengus will have chosen their side, despite the great mistrust of this people, causing dissent in the Empire. The Head of the Wind Empire would like to create a new treaty with the rulers of Tyria: to make public the Wind Empire. Unfortunately, behind these political debates, in the water shadows: mysterious ocean activities are profiled, revealing the activity of the Ancient Dragon from the depths: leading a quest, to find out who this Dragon is.EXTENSION: follow the order, and given pattern, so that it looks clear, legible

• *EXTENSION NAMEWAVE OF SHADOW (yeah, I would not have found better, like the fan-website). WOSHISTORYHISTORYCantha is a land isolated from the world, for more than 250 years, under the dictatorship of the Emperor. "...". But "S..." (name revealed in the Epilogue of the Icebrood Saga), the last Ancient Dragon of the Depths, emerging from the shadows, revealing powers that could threaten the entire Tyria to be submerged by the ocean. " S" afraid to be what he is: the last (malicious) Ancestral Dragon will put everything in its power, to annihilate all life in Tyria, and mainly the Commander, whom he observes since the death of Zhatan these activities..., he will try to sow panic..., he will try to sow panic among the Canthiens, risking the destruction of the Empire: the Emperor will ask for the first time, the help of the peoples of Tyre to rid Cantha of the Ancient Dragon of the Depths, the Commander will make new allies, giving an accessibilities in particular to the Rooms of Tetyos, which are the last rampart towards the Dragon.MASTERY
  • Aquatic Frames:
  • *Le Dauphin: Capable of protecting, nurturing and distancing through sonar the wrong creatures.
  • Turtle: Able to cross ocean currents.
  • The Ogre Fish: Ability to see through the dark Abysses. (In Skin: they can modify it, by a jellyfish! Any creature capable of bioluminescence elsewhere!!!).
  • Neutralization:
  • Cross Jade: Allow to neutralize, and cross the jade granite, or the remains of petrified plants of the Echovald forest.
  • Cross: Purify the ancient dragon syphons from the depths for use, and you teleport from one area to another.
  • **Purification***: Purify various veggies and corrupt waters of the ancient dragon for you to bring various remedies towards the different types of corruption. (speed, care, protection, etc...).
  • Canthian Culture
  • Canthian Language: Learn Canthian so you can interact with the various Cantha Merchants and Npcs.
  • Factions: Unlock and choose a faction from the two proposed new factions to bring order through Cantha, join the Rebels or the Ministry of Purity. (unlocks Npcs, missions, Pvp arenas (mists + Cantha), etc... differed between factions, except for arenas).
  • Costs: Use the Astrological statues to summon a zodiacal guardian, who will help you in various uses, depending on the zodiac chosen.
  • Archaeology:
  • Discoveries: Discover unexpected secret places, according to the Tyrian order chosen at the beginning of the game: to loot (treasure to be won), to cartogaphy (secret passages/shortcuts), or to know it (Lore extra, allowing to discover additional places).
  • Tyrian Beliefs: (for the character according to his race, he will see only one "Tyrian beliefs" mastery).
  • Blessing of the Human Gods: Call upon the Human Gods who have blessed you to ward off the corruption of the Dragon.
  • Blessing of the Clear Tree: Call in to the power of your Mother, and of the Dream: to ward off the corruption of the Dragon.
  • Eternal Alchemy Algorithm: Creates an Eternal Alchemy algorithm to create Eternal Alchemy algorithm to create an object capable of repelling the corruption of the Dragon.
  • Blessings of Nature Spirits: Call upon the spirit you worship to ward off the corruption of the Dragon.
  • Solidarity Charr: Called in to the techniques of your legion to dispel, protect or dodge the corruption of the Dragon.
  • Odyssey
  • Travel: Unlock the ability to sail across the ocean with your own customizable Ship.
  • Expedition: Unlock the category "expedition" allowing new missions across the vast oceans of Tyria. (treasures, instances, etc.).
  • Naval Battles: Fight on JCJ/PVP aquatic maps against several players on your ships and win unexpected treasures.
  • Personalization: Put on your ship’s sponsors, furniture and new sails to travel under a unique appearance across the Ocean (unlocks PNJ decorations, the ability to decorate your Ship and special booties).
  • Pirate Trade: Trade across all continents and regions of Tyria, from the Lion’s Ark, to the Crystal Desert, to the Canthian continent among the pirates ! .ELITE SPECIALIZATIONSMesmer: The Dreamer: _Use your alternative energies: Posture Dreams [F1] or Posture Nightmares [F2] (energy gauge) to create Dreams, and invoke fears or appaisements._ Weapon: Hammer (the spells of other weapons change as the Weaver emerges according to posture...).
  • Guardian: Screamer: Use the power of the winds of your cries to say the right words ! Weapon: War Horn.
  • Necromancer: Shaman: call creatures a Dark Guardian, and use Canthien talisments to spread Curses and Seals. (3 maximum invocation talisments (such as the limitation of clones, 3 talisments levitate around the characters). Weapon: Sword, Double-Sword or Hammer.
  • Engineer: Kyudo: Use your Arc to face your enemy. (Possibility to electrify, create traps, burn your enemies, fast, make explosive arrows etc...). Weapon: Arc Long.
  • Returning: Ritualistic: Invoke the legend of Master Togo, and unleash your CONNECTION between the two worlds, and confuse them. Meditate, invoke portals of the Mists, travel in the Mists, use the tissue of reality against your enemies ! Weapon: Scepter.
  • Ranger: Rune Guardian: Able to use the secret power of words and writing, the Rune Guardian knows, as needed, how to deal terrible damage to his enemies or become a source of inspiration for his allies. He uses runic stones engraved with strange and nature-related signs, which allow him to channel the energy of the runes to sow destruction or restore morale. Weapon: Focus
  • Elementalist: Naturalist: Imbue yourself with a single, unique element (to choose, according to the element of the creation character chosen) and unleash this element in nature, in its purest form. Weapon: Trident or Axe.
  • Thief: Plunderer: Use subterfuges, to stun your enemies, or take them by the shadows, or burn them alive. Weapon: Torch.
  • Warrior: Monk: Use Martial Arts, and meditation to fight your enemies, and purify them through your actions. Weapon: Stick.GUILD HALLThe Imperial Sanctuary. (Imperial Sanctum). This place is filled with thugs and extremes.Arborstone This ruined place is still inhabited as a minority by the corruption of the Jade Winds, which must be purified, and the lush vegetation, but also inhabited by many dark creatures, including some "S" assailants.MAP NAMES: https://www.zupimages.net/up/19/25/zpsb.jpgSo there will be: 6 maps.
  • Kaineng City The capital represents in all its splendour the new Canthienne culture, in the forms of the doctrine of the new empereur
  • The Jade Ocean The Ocean is now almost recovered from the curse of the Jade winds, leaving behind a few places and places still afflicted by this ancient petrification.
  • Echovald purified forest The forest is also almost purified from its curse, or greenery and ruins Luxon and Kurzicks are assimilated, among the wildest animals in the region, Nevertheless a few corners of the curse of the Jade winds still persist.... https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/013/366/701/large/erich-n-bou-melandru-s-rest.jpg?1539264765
  • The Imperial Domain (formerly Shing Jea Island) This place is now under the rule of the new emperor, but it is also here that the Pirates and the Brigands do their trade, the area has now become swampy since the Orr River.
  • The Rooms of Tetyos: Capital of Largos, last front towards the Kingdom of the Depths, where sits the Ancestral Dragon "S".
  • Depth Kingdom: The Depth Kingdom has several ocean levels: Surface (some islands), Intermediate, Depth, Abyss.It is in the Abyss where the darkness (pure darkness) reigns that the Ancient Dragon "S"

SEASON 6After the death of the Ancient Dragon "S": the Tengus and the inhabitants rebel to depose the Imperial Dictator from his throne, but things are getting worse, and it is the beginning of a War on Nations that will begin to emerge, Unfortunately the corruption of the Dictator being strong, only the truth can change the game.(Possibility of going to the South > to go to the Gate of the Mists, from where the Humans came brought by the 6 Human Gods..., and thus to know very dark truths about the origin of the Human Gods and the Spirits of Nature).It is now a battle: leading to a destructive Revolution, and a Mad Emperor ready for anything.The maps will be:

• The Ancestral Lands Swampy area, inhabiting the poorest of the Canthiens, and some "Pirates"....
  • The Cursed Kingdom (area where the Origin of the Mists is located: the portal where the Humans arrived, brought by the Gods, this place once paradisiacal became a curse, under a dark cloud... and toxic. No plants survive there._
  • Ternian Coast Emperor’s Invasion Deployment Zone of Cantha
  • Empire of the North Winds Area Attacked by Imperialist Soldiers Canthien
  • South Istan Area attacked by Imperialist Soldiers Canthien
  • Chaussé du Charognard Bataille des Nations (where the last episode of HV6 will take place: les Tyriens et les Rebelles Canthiens contre l'Empereur DICTATORIAL of Cantha).

Sorry, if some stuff is incomprehensible or some have bad translations, I use google translate (I'm french). :)

To you to do x)!

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:I appreciate the effort you put into this whole presentation.There are times when I sit down and write what I would like to see in a single character or a "what if" scenario, but never to the extent you went to.Whether or not any of what you propose comes to fruition, keep sending us ideas. :+1:

With joy, it's up to you to invent your own version now x)! But I did the same thing on the French forum (to say, that some quickly spit their venom ...) but a person to participate and these ideas are really good to her too. :)https://fr-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/5293/suggestion-une-extension-a-cantha-saga-hv-6

@"Randulf.7614" said:Nice work putting the idea together. This might interest you too

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Lon-ami/Cantha#New_expansion_pack:_The_Celestial_Tournament

Nice too :)!I could add this site here, too: even if it does not really go to Cantha, ideas can completely extend to this place!https://guildwars2.waveofshadow.com

I invented that too, (editing with images on the internet and a few brushstrokes on Photoshop) https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/12/23/181223055443294575.jpg "S" the ancestral dragon , in the heart of a titanic malestrom! (with aircraft at the top fighter).

My name suggestion would be (or always was) "Winds of Jade" for a return to Cantha and "Call of the Depths" if it involves the Unknown Sea Dragon (which I think is most likely around the Canthan area). But however I highly doubt that we'll ever return to Cantha judging by something I heard the Devs saying some years ago about Cantha not being planned for the future as they rather want to bring in something new. Strangely, I heard the same about no plans for Crystal Desert and we still got it. So there is a little hope.

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:just curious, but wasnt there a reason Anet gave for why they not doing that area?

If each time we have to restrict the content, and the history for "politically correct", we might as well stop right now and do nothing more...After a while, the incessant wars between each country, borders on ridicule, even in Asia and gone elsewhere.At the end of a moment we must also know how to move forward, we are all Humans, and what Cantha represents, is only a pure fiction.So, personally, even if it’s true that with Cantha it refocuses us on Humans, I wish we could end their "story" with dignity, once and for all... (We know very well that we will never spread over all the Tyrian globe...), and then I would like to know what happened to the people of Cantha. Marjory Delaqua would certainly be at the forefront of the intrigue when she is of Canthian origin.Right now we’re headed for the Norns, and all that to know, after that, assuming we get the majority answers, just like the Charrs, we’ll only have the Asuras, which we’ll surely get with Primordius (knowing that Primordius is also the only way to defeat Jormag, with the legion of the flame!).Once that, we lack more than the Humans (which was the main race in Guild Wars 1). After Cantha, and a potential Living History 6, they will be able to do what they want, since they will have "done everything" in the great intrigues of the game, they will even be able to offer us things far beyond what we would have had.This is the last great continent, the most populated, with Elona, I would think it silly to give us access to Elona and not to Cantha. personally.For those who want a glimpse of what Cantha is (pretty much).

&
and

its a time to Anet delude players and say the truth: that NcSoft dont allow Cantha themed stuff, at least to make some players start wasting time on this.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/377215/cantha-expansion-and-asian-themed-content-banned-for-cultural-reasons

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/37797/what-was-the-deal-with-the-canthan-district-of-divinitys-reach

the demand should be start from oriental player base starting pressure on producers to lift the ban.

a "apocryphal' developer testimony from link i posted above. " re-quote".

We had a Cantha district. It was built out. It was polished. It was beautiful. We kept getting feedback about the Asian market. And everyone was having a problem with it because the Chinese don't like having their architecture mixed with Koreans and the Koreans don't like having their architecture with the Chinese. And of course it's fantasy smorgosbord. It's gothic mixed with Nordic mixed with ... that's just the way fantasy works. But not over there apparently. So it got to the point where we were like ... well, what do we do with this spot? We don't have time to rebuild from scratch, so we just nuked it.

As someone who absolutely loved Cantha in Gw1, all I can say to those claiming to be offended by the region being brought to Gw2 is.. I don't care.

Years of perpetual offense to every innocent little non offensive thing has just drained me of my ability to give a crap about all the irrelevant things people claim to be offended about these days.I just don't care anymore, offense is taken not given as they say.

At the end of the day, Cantha is a beautiful and rich region of a fantasy world that I absolutely love, I will champion for it's addition to Gw2 no matter how many people claim it's offensive to them (and I bet that number is a lot smaller than those who want to see the region in GW2)Artistic expression should never be oppressed by a vocal minority of people who just want to control and censor everything they don't like.That is not how our cultures evolved, that's how our worst historical enemies did.

Cantha is far away from Tyria, and Primordus is much closer a threat than the underwater dragon is. I'm not against going to Cantha eventually, but there is much more on this continent I'd still like to explore. Mostly, places we haven't seen in GW1. Once we've finished on this side of the Unending Ocean, maybe then we can talk about Cantha.

it> @"Ultramex.1506" said:

EH...we have already seen enough of Human Cultures from GW1 to LWS4, lets focus on the Norn/Kodan cultures and take us to Norn old homeland, we battle and retake it from Jormag with help from the Spirit of the Wild. I dearly hope we won't kill an elder dragon in living world stories again.

I would like to take the liberty of answering what you were saying :

I think that Jormag will be the Antagonist (with the corrupt charrs) and any norn joining his cause, but that Primordius could play a role too, going into the depths of Tyria, at the Seaside resort next to the Eye of the North there is an entrance! But I in this case primordial would play a secondary role in my opinion.

Or I’ll send you something I did quick, like a montage.The black squares are the "Attack Missions".In episode 1: the attack mission area is part of the episode map (a small bonus).

The areas in Orange are the maps of Episode 1 and 2 (extended).I imagined in yellow, its extended version, in pink are lonely maps.The white stars are the entrances and exits, and the black star is the seaside resort which could serve us in a map in the Tyrian depths.I didn’t mark the other "attack mission" because I don’t know where the others might be.190922075507320909.jpg

I only put hypotheticals, linked to maps of the North, that’s all. I think I’m right about Drakkar Lake and the map of episode 1, but the rest: I don’t know anything about

The issue was to do with the BUILDINGS as stated by Josh Foreman. That is why the canthan area was taken from DR.However It is 250 years down the line and heck this is a fantasy game which can change lores and how things LOOKThe tin hat is strong.TO quote :We had a Cantha district. It was built out. It was polished. It was beautiful. We kept getting feedback about the Asian market. And everyone was having a problem with it because the Chinese don't like having their architecture mixed with Koreans and the Koreans don't like having their architecture with the Chinese. And of course it's fantasy smorgosbord. It's gothic mixed with Nordic mixed with ... that's just the way fantasy works. But not over there apparently. So it got to the point where we were like ... well, what do we do with this spot? We don't have time to rebuild from scratch, so we just nuked it.

I'd rather stop seeing places I already saw 12 years ago.

I'm not paying anymore to see places I saw in GW1. If they wanna do nostalgia in LS/"Sagas" that's fine, I'm not paying extra for those and have the option to skip them.

But if Cantha comes out as an Xpac, that is when I am done playing and paying money. I will not pay for another half-kittened expansion that retreads ground I saw before again.

@"rylien.3824" said:

If each time we have to restrict the content, and the history for "politically correct", we might as well stop right now and do nothing more...If doing so dramatically affects the bottom line for their investors which then sinks the game.... then, yes. Restrict the content.

Some people seem to forget (or ignore) the fact this this is, first and foremost, a business. If it makes money, then it will be done (outfits, etc). If it creates enough conflict so that it loses money, then it won't be done. Anet (and NCSoft) have already done their research on Cantha and determined it to be too detrimental.

@Teratus.2859 said:As someone who absolutely loved Cantha in Gw1, all I can say to those claiming to be offended by the region being brought to Gw2 is.. I don't care.

Years of perpetual offense to every innocent little non offensive thing has just drained me of my ability to give a kitten about all the irrelevant things people claim to be offended about these days.I just don't care anymore, offense is taken not given as they say.

At the end of the day, Cantha is a beautiful and rich region of a fantasy world that I absolutely love, I will champion for it's addition to Gw2 no matter how many people claim it's offensive to them (and I bet that number is a lot smaller than those who want to see the region in GW2)Artistic expression should never be oppressed by a vocal minority of people who just want to control and censor everything they don't like.That is not how our cultures evolved, that's how our worst historical enemies did.

/claps.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"rylien.3824" said:

If each time we have to restrict the content, and the history for "politically correct", we might as well stop right now and do nothing more...If doing so dramatically affects the bottom line for their investors which then sinks the game.... then, yes. Restrict the content.

Some people seem to forget (or ignore) the fact this this is, first and foremost, a business. If it makes money, then it will be done (outfits, etc). If it creates enough conflict so that it loses money, then it won't be done. Anet (and NCSoft) have already done their research on Cantha and determined it to be too detrimental.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Stop asking to go back to Cantha when 95% of the rest of the world hasn't been explored yet.

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:I'd rather stop seeing places I already saw 12 years ago.

I'm not paying anymore to see places I saw in GW1. If they wanna do nostalgia in LS/"Sagas" that's fine, I'm not paying extra for those and have the option to skip them.

But if Cantha comes out as an Xpac, that is when I am done playing and paying money. I will not pay for another half-kittened expansion that retreads ground I saw before again.

@lokh.2695 said:I'd rather go somewhere else.

@Ultramex.1506 said:EH...we have already seen enough of Human Cultures from GW1 to LWS4, lets focus on the Norn/Kodan cultures and take us to Norn old homeland, we battle and retake it from Jormag with help from the Spirit of the Wild. I dearly hope we won't kill an elder dragon in living world stories again.

Aren't any of you fed up 'winning'?

@Dami.5046 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:As someone who absolutely loved Cantha in Gw1, all I can say to those claiming to be offended by the region being brought to Gw2 is.. I don't care.

Years of perpetual offense to every innocent little non offensive thing has just drained me of my ability to give a kitten about all the irrelevant things people claim to be offended about these days.I just don't care anymore, offense is taken not given as they say.

/claps.

@"rylien.3824" said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Stop asking to go back to Cantha when 95% of the rest of the world hasn't been explored yet.

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:I'd rather stop seeing places I already saw 12 years ago.

@lokh.2695 said:I'd rather go somewhere else.

@Ultramex.1506 said:EH...we have already seen enough of Human Cultures from GW1 to LWS4, lets focus on the Norn/Kodan cultures and take us to Norn old homeland, we battle and retake it from Jormag with help from the Spirit of the Wild. I dearly hope we won't kill an elder dragon in living world stories again.

Aren't any of you fed up 'winning'?

Aren't you fed up with nostalgia?