A few engineer skill changes

SoulGuardian.6203

Just suggesting a change for three of the engies skills.

Overcharged Shot.Reduce the damage output of this skill in exchange to eliminate the player being knocked back too. Alternatively cause weakness to the shooter for a few seconds in exchange of not being knocked back.

Jump Shot.This skill is just a little silly tbh. It's just my oppinion.Just the animation of it. Could still cause vulnerability, but instead of jumping, could kneel down.

Glue shot.It could cause cripple condition without all the excessive thing on the floor.Could rename it to something similar to "crippling shot"

Just a few ideas.Thanks.

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:Just suggesting a change for three of the engies skills.

Overcharged Shot.Reduce the damage output of this skill in exchange to eliminate the player being knocked back too. Alternatively cause weakness to the shooter for a few seconds in exchange of not being knocked back.

Jump Shot.This skill is just a little silly tbh. It's just my oppinion.Just the animation of it. Could still cause vulnerability, but instead of jumping, could kneel down.

Glue shot.It could cause cripple condition without all the excessive thing on the floor.Could rename it to something similar to "crippling shot"

Just a few ideas.Thanks.

These suggestions don't make sense to me.

• The whole point of overcharged shot is that it's a blast so powerful it knocks you back too. It's one of the best instant-cast CC's in the game, so it needs a drawback.
  • Jump shot is a reference to Rocket jumping from TF2. It's a useful movement skill.
  • The animation of glue shot is to indicate that it is, in fact, glue. The pulsing field is useful for people who try to condi cleanse their way through it.

I'm just giving my personal perspective of things.It doesn’t mean that it's going to change anything, or even ANet taking it into consideration at all.Also, I am aware that engies are somewhat more of a joke class to have a good laugh, and some fun in the game.I just personally don't like the being knocked back thing, and rather have a little temporary weakness caused on character instead.

The jump shot skill... well, again, it's supposed to be fun, I know; but rather find it useless, really. It would be better as a sword skill to approach foes, instead of a rifle, where you are supposed to keep distance.

The last one, same as the others, it does fits a comical character, spreading all that glue, but if you want to go a little more serious... well, not to rattle on and on, I pure and simple don't like the effects.

But please don't take it too seriously.I'm just lightly mumbling here.It's all fun.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

@XenoSpyro.1780 said:

@"Vagrant.7206" said:
  • Jump shot is a reference to Rocket jumping from TF2.Imagine being the guy that thinks TF2 invented Rocket Jumping. How embarrassing.

The devs admitted a lot of core engineer design was inspired by TF2. It's pretty obvious how -- some of the dialogue lines your character says are direct references ("Dispenser's up!" and Rocket Turret) and indirect references (flamethrower kit, bomb kit/grenade kit, jump shot, juggernaut, e-gun shooting needles, etc). There's so much overlap that only a few TF2 classes aren't smushed into engineer -- namely spy, scout, and sniper.

I'm not saying TF2 invented rocket jumping. Don't blame me if you misread what I said. I played TF1 and Unreal Tournament long before I played TF2. I also played Quake before that.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

@"Vagrant.7206" said:
  • Jump shot is a reference to Rocket jumping from TF2.Imagine being the guy that thinks TF2 invented Rocket Jumping. ?How embarrassing.?

?TF2 isn't even an ANet game, from what I read in Wikipedia.Wouldn't they do references to their own games?

Guild Wars, as a series, has always included references to other pop culture. Sometimes it's internally referenced (IE Isaiah's Balance, Purity of Purpose), sometimes it's externally referenced ("For Great Justice!", Rodgort (Trogdor spelled backwards))

@XenoSpyro.1780 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:I'm not saying TF2 invented rocket jumping.

@Vagrant.7206 said:from TF2.--- snip

Really? Do you need me to explain the preposition "from" and its many different uses and connotations? Or are you that committed to trying to insinuate something about me? Feel free to keep playing obtuse if you'd like, but I'm not interested in playing semantics games.

As I said, the developers clearly took inspiration from TF2, including rocket jumping. That does not mean it's the origin of rocket jumping.

@Eme.2018 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:Reduce the damage output of this skill in exchange to eliminate the player being knocked back too. Alternatively cause weakness to the shooter for a few seconds in exchange of not being knocked back.

Weakness? Thats a huge nerf. The knock-back is nothing compared to weakness.

Alright, dizziness then, or whatever.But even if it is weakness, it's only for mere seconds.Alright, what about taking one endurance energy bar then instead?