Death Shroud AA

XECOR.2814

I've been playing alot of core necromancer in both open world and wvw for the past month and i found that the auto attack on death shroud still feels very clunky and delayed. The tracking is god like but the initial wind up is very very high coupled with the cone of cast(as i like to say it), make the auto attacks seem very clunky.

On the contrary the underwater autoattacks on death shroud feel fluid and fast. I wish we could have the same kind of autoattacks on land too.

Since power builds rely a lot on DS autoattacks i thought maybe it wont be op to get some more qol on those.

@XECOR.2814 said:

Since power builds rely a lot on DS autoattacks i thought maybe it wont be op to get some more qol on those.The problem is that Death Shroud auto relies on the AR of your main hand weapon while out of shroud, unlike Reaper which uses exotic hammer value. This would mean that you would want staff for the highest possible damage on AA, but no sane power build (imo) would run staff when dagger/warhorn and axe/focus offer so much more damage.

But yes, DS auto feels clunky due to the wind up of the attack. They should half the casting time or fire more projectiles.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

Since power builds rely a lot on DS autoattacks i thought maybe it wont be op to get some more qol on those.The problem is that Death Shroud auto relies on the AR of your main hand weapon while out of shroud, unlike Reaper which uses exotic hammer value. This would mean that you would want staff for the highest possible damage on AA, but no sane power build (imo) would run staff when dagger/warhorn and axe/focus offer so much more damage.

But yes, DS auto feels clunky due to the wind up of the attack. They should half the casting time or fire more projectiles.

I asume you are talking about pvp/wvw?

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Me? No, talking in general.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

I thought necro core just doesnt have the damage compared to reaper in pve.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

I thought necro core just doesnt have the damage compared to reaper in pve.

It doesn't. Reaper is necro's best power option. But the OP asked about core necro and mentioned power builds, so I was responding within the context of the question.

To be fair, this skill also has the potential to hit as high as 15k on a player, or higher if the situation is right, with the right build. Though I agree it is and has always been clunky, it's also a ranged attack with extremely good homing capability that can also do a colossal amount of damage. I think the cast time is appropriate for the ability even if it doesn't feel perfectly smooth to play.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:To be fair, this skill also has the potential to hit as high as 15k on a player, or higher if the situation is right, with the right build. Though I agree it is and has always been clunky, it's also a ranged attack with extremely good homing capability that can also do a colossal amount of damage. I think the cast time is appropriate for the ability even if it doesn't feel perfectly smooth to play.

Every attack can hit for 15k in right situation.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:To be fair, this skill also has the potential to hit as high as 15k on a player, or higher if the situation is right, with the right build. Though I agree it is and has always been clunky, it's also a ranged attack with extremely good homing capability that can also do a colossal amount of damage. I think the cast time is appropriate for the ability even if it doesn't feel perfectly smooth to play.

U mean if the enemy has no boons, is under 50% hp, has 25stacks of vuln, + enemy being full berserker+ a dread proc + Necro itself having 20-25 might.

That's pretty bad potential

Other skills or other better to say other classes reach that far easier.

@starlinvf.1358 said:I always wondered what the ramifications of having the projectile bounce, and/or adding boon interaction into the baseline would be.

I dont think projectile bounce will be good idea because its already a piercing attack and tbf that is necessary for its kit.

As for boon interaction, i think they should just make the trait in sr that gives vuln on auto attack baseline and put might on autoattack on that trait so that necro can have a steady might stacking even above 50%. Any other boon would be just too much.

Edit: i would still prefer faster cast time than these changes as they dont change the feeling of clunkiness.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:I always wondered what the ramifications of having the projectile bounce, and/or adding boon interaction into the baseline would be.

I dont think projectile bounce will be good idea because its already a piercing attack and tbf that is necessary for its kit.

As for boon interaction, i think they should just make the trait in sr that gives vuln on auto attack baseline and put might on autoattack on that trait so that necro can have a steady might stacking even above 50%. Any other boon would be just too much.

Edit: i would still prefer faster cast time than these changes as they dont change the feeling of clunkiness.

Might on shroud 1 is already in the game (spite traitline)

@Nimon.7840 said:

Might on shroud 1 is already in the game (spite traitline)

Damn... I forgot.