Stealth permanent

loutremolle.6578

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DE can use sword pistol 5+2 combo, swap to rifle, dodge, and repeat, and boom, perma stealth with no interupts or counters, if you get revealed you can use stealth ult, that cancels revealed effect.Also if you use rifle 5, then 4 to pull a smoke curtain, you can use dagger 2 like 4 times, add a rifle dodge and you can stealth 5 extra seconds, enough to move freely only using this combo once in a while instead of all the time.Yet anet doesn't know this is a thing, maybe a dev likes stealth a lot...

@kraai.7265 said:DE can use sword pistol 5+2 combo, swap to rifle, dodge, and repeat, and boom, perma stealth with no interupts or counters, if you get revealed you can use stealth ult, that cancels revealed effect.Also if you use rifle 5, then 4 to pull a smoke curtain, you can use dagger 2 like 4 times, add a rifle dodge and you can stealth 5 extra seconds, enough to move freely only using this combo once in a while instead of all the time.Yet anet doesn't know this is a thing, maybe a dev likes stealth a lot...

Um infiltrator strike and ps5 give stealth? U mean dagger? Also cuz ini that combo does not grant perma stealth as u run outa ini way before and it regenerates to slow, u need stealth utilities etc. And SA trait for extended stealth which all means sacrificing other utilities and a better traitline. U dont need SA line but it's annoying without. U guys need to stop making it seem like perma is a few clicks for perma lol

@loutremolle.6578 said:It's just to know if I'm the only one, to find that the virtually perma stealth of thieves is completely stupid. In fight we almost never see the enemy, it does not need to be good in general they are not. There should be a time between 2 stealth ...

yea am mad but i find that really stupid

@lare.5129 said:this is very easy look till time then you start play on thief.If you think that some claasis to overpowered - play that class. No one can stop you.

Well, as was told to people that want the mount nerfed: Anet has it in the game so they must want that play style! aDaPT oR DOn’t

@kraai.7265 said:...perma stealth with no interupts or counters

• Interrupt Black Powder - no smokefield to Heartseeker through
  • Interrupt Heartseeker, no leap finisher through smoke
  • Stand in the extremely loud and visible Black Powder ring - limits stealth stacking or outright reveals them when they hit you
  • Throw a target painter on the Black Powder smoke ring - no more perma stealth

Are they using Smoke Screen for their smoke field instead? Use target painter, as it encompasses the entire ring of smoke screen.

Sounds like there are plenty of interrupts and counters to this. You have the means, use them.

@Turk.5460 said:

• Stand in
    the extremely loud and visible
    Black Powder ring - limits stealth stacking or outright reveals them when they hit you

Are they using Smoke Screen for their smoke field instead? Use target painter, as it encompasses the entire ring of smoke screen.

Sounds like there are plenty of interrupts and counters to this. You have the means, use them.

The painter is a projectile and is blocked by the smoke field (so it's useless).

@Ubi.4136 said:

• Stand in
    Black Powder ring - limits stealth stacking or outright reveals them when they hit you

The painter is a projectile and is blocked by the smoke field (so it's useless).

Yes painter is useless cuz the smoke field on one elite skill blocks projectiles lol may as well delete the painter.

@Turk.5460 said:

• Stand in

Black powder is 1/2 cast time so unless you get lucky you're not going to consistently interrupt that.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"kraai.7265" said:DE can use sword pistol 5+2 combo, swap to rifle, dodge, and repeat, and boom, perma stealth with no interupts or counters, if you get revealed you can use stealth ult, that cancels revealed effect.Also if you use rifle 5, then 4 to pull a smoke curtain, you can use dagger 2 like 4 times, add a rifle dodge and you can stealth 5 extra seconds, enough to move freely only using this combo once in a while instead of all the time.Yet anet doesn't know this is a thing, maybe a dev likes stealth a lot...

Um infiltrator strike and ps5 give stealth? U mean dagger? Also cuz ini that combo does not grant perma stealth as u run outa ini way before and it regenerates to slow, u need stealth utilities etc. And SA trait for extended stealth which all means sacrificing other utilities and a better traitline. U dont need SA line but it's annoying without. U guys need to stop making it seem like perma is a few clicks for perma lol

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAgqRlNw2YYsMmJWOPrvSA-zRIYRYlgtDA-e

Hi you are right, i forgot to mention you need shadow arts in order to do that but you don't need any other utility with this build.the two rotations i know areblack powder+heartseeker(x3)+rifle dodge and repeatkneel+sniper's cover(rifle 4 while kneeling)+heartseeker(x4)+rifle dodge and repeat, this combo gives way more stealth so you can move more freely between rotations or stack several times for higher uptime.Btw well executed this rotations give 100% stealth uptime, the only thing i do is spam this rotations, if i use the second one i repeat it several times until i get +10 stealth uptime, look for my target activate assassin's signet, steal, precast malicious bullshtab use infiltrator's signet and boom, no less than a 17k hp malicious backstab right in their face. Then i swap to rifle dodge and start all over. In pvp ive been camping far nodes for entire games, just doing that.

Also i wrote sword pistol and i meant dagger pistol, srry bout that.

Regarding counterplay, it's true we don't have enough reveals on each class, most of them don't even have a reveal at all, i wish they could make it so if you get hit while in stealth you get insta revealed too, but they only way people countered me using this is standing in my black powder or spamming hard aoe cc, so i can't spam heartseeker, or i hit them accidentaly and get revealed, the only problem i find is i can still swap to rifle, dodge, use shadow meld to lose revealed effect or withraw, with concealed restoration (shadow arts first trait) and stay in stealth long enough until i reach max iniciative to start my rotations again.

The other thing i hate, is that even if you sacrifice utility from acrobatics/deadly arts/trickery, the damage you get between DE and critical strikes is enough to land pretty easy 18k malicious backstabs maybe more if you get some might stacks somehow. Plus you don't have to waste offensive skills in order to mantain stealth uptime and the survability it gives surpases any other sort of sustain utility or skills you can bring to the table on other builds.

Even tho i use the build and enjoy one shotting players, it's completely broken and unfair and i would love it to be erased from game, same as DE, one of the most stupid spec concepts out there. To even think rangers don't have rifles and thiefs do... how stupid someone can be. And stealth on dodges my god...

@kraai.7265 said:

@kraai.7265 said:DE can use sword pistol 5+2 combo, swap to rifle, dodge, and repeat, and boom, perma stealth with no interupts or counters, if you get revealed you can use stealth ult, that cancels revealed effect.Also if you use rifle 5, then 4 to pull a smoke curtain, you can use dagger 2 like 4 times, add a rifle dodge and you can stealth 5 extra seconds, enough to move freely only using this combo once in a while instead of all the time.Yet anet doesn't know this is a thing, maybe a dev likes stealth a lot...

Hi you are right, i forgot to mention you need shadow arts in order to do that but you don't need any other utility with this build.the two rotations i know areblack powder+heartseeker(x3)+rifle dodge and repeatkneel+sniper's cover(rifle 4 while kneeling)+heartseeker(x4)+rifle dodge and repeat, this combo gives way more stealth so you can move more freely between rotations or stack several times for higher uptime.Btw well executed this rotations give 100% stealth uptime, the only thing i do is spam this rotations, if i use the second one i repeat it several times until i get +10 stealth uptime, look for my target activate assassin's signet, steal, precast malicious bullshtab use infiltrator's signet and boom, no less than a 17k hp malicious backstab right in their face. Then i swap to rifle dodge and start all over. In pvp ive been camping far nodes for entire games, just doing that.

Regarding counterplay, it's true we don't have enough reveals on each class, most of them don't even have a reveal at all, i wish they could make it so if you get hit while in stealth you get insta revealed too, but they only way people countered me using this is standing in my black powder or spamming hard aoe cc, so i can't spam heartseeker, or i hit them accidentaly and get revealed, the only problem i find is i can still swap to rifle, dodge, use shadow meld to lose revealed effect or withraw, with concealed restoration (shadow arts first trait) and stay in stealth long enough until i reach max iniciative to start my rotations again.

The other thing i hate, is that even if you sacrifice utility from acrobatics/deadly arts/trickery, the damage you get between DE and critical strikes is enough to land pretty easy 18k malicious backstabs maybe more if you get some might stacks somehow. Plus you don't have to waste offensive skills in order to mantain stealth uptime and the survability it gives surpases any other sort of sustain utility or skills you can bring to the table on other builds.

Even tho i use the build and enjoy one shotting players, it's completely broken and unfair and i would love it to be erased from game, same as DE, one of the most stupid spec concepts out there. To even think rangers don't have rifles and thiefs do... how stupid someone can be. And stealth on dodges my god...

The people you're killing with that build are the people who post threads in this forum claiming perma stealth theives are killing the game. Against normal to good players, it's a joke build and you're better off going core or Drd, but when taking into account match mechanics, especially in wvw, it does get a little ridiculous and the stealth duration does need to get broken up somehow or make a stealth duration stack disable the ability to use stealth skills if stacked above 4 seconds or something.

DE is fine, suggesting it needs to be taken out of the game is just stupid as it's not overpowered and some DE builds are fun and rewarding to play. Feel free to delete your DE if you don't like it.

@Offair.2563 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Many of us have been complaining about perma stealth since the early days, and anet just adds more of it. Maybe if we make threads asking for more stealth they might actually balance this garbage mechanic.

Reversed psychology.

At this point, Ill try anything...

Necros are too mobileWarriors dont have enough invuln and passivesRangers dont have enough rangeGuardians need more boonsThieves dont have enough stealth

@Ubi.4136 said:

• Stand in

The smoke field from Black Powder does not block projectiles, though I don't think it counts as a projectile in the same way as a siege disabler or weapon skill anyway. I don't have any video proof currently, but I feel as though I've successfully thrown it into a Smoke Screen multiple times. It cannot be dodged: that's absolutely for sure, and the implementation stated that it can't be avoided. I don't recall it ever being blocked, but not many players I use it on have access to blocks.

@kash.9213 said:

hi!

"The people you're killing with that build are the people who post threads in this forum claiming perma stealth theives are killing the game. Against normal to good players, it's a joke build and you're better off going core or Drd"

Love how some people asume things they don't even know and out of nowhere, at least ask for some basic info beforehand, like idk my pvp rank or wvw level.In pvp i try to avoid duels and only plus fights, most die so quickly i can't measure how skilled they are(18k malicious backstab from stealth), yet i play in plat 2 if that helps.In wvw, it gets even better with foods and other buffs.

"but when taking into account match mechanics, especially in wvw, it does get a little ridiculous and the stealth duration does need to get broken up somehow or make a stealth duration stack disable the ability to use stealth skills if stacked above 4 seconds or something. "

I actually like your idea, that or maybe 1 sec reveal in each class autoattack

DE is fine, suggesting it needs to be taken out of the game is just stupid as it's not overpowered and

DE is not fine at all.malicious backstab is not fine at all, a 18k hp hit, in one single skill that you can cast while in stealth..100% stealth uptime so you can disengage any fight, or hide in towers and keeps for ever.stealth on dodge.thief's rifle has more range than a rangers longbow, plus more potential damage (added just for fun).shadow meld: a game lacking player held stealth counters, gives the most stealth oriented class, an anti reveal skill!!! oh anet stop it please, stop it now too many smart decisions at once

Also i don't want it erased because of damage, if not because it brings boring gameplay into the table, like most of pof specs, and it goes in a completely different direction from the core class and previous spec, like if a new team of devs took over after hot, and the people behind hot specs were fired. Think about it

-thief the most mobile class in game, our beloved "ninja", went from a martial artist with tons of jumps and mobility into a freaking sniper!!! our speciality? kneel!!! ANET WTF-combat mechanic is stupid, at first you had to stay in stealth until reaching full malice, throw him whatever and instakill, having some trouble? dodge and run, later they went with the old classic hit and run, hit, stealth, repeat, no combos, no quick thinking, just repetition

"some DE builds are fun and rewarding to play."Name some, i wouldn't call rewarding any rifle build, because stealth on dodge is like playing in easy mode, but surprise me, i would try them allThe amount of fun you get from a build changes for each player, only build i had some fun is one shot malicious backstab, but i run it only for the laughs and to get easy wins in pvpBut i feel it will never be as fun as daredevil or core, the whole game got pretty boring to me since hot release, i feel classes now are really simple and overperform, too many passive effects, and trait synergy it's insane

"Feel free to delete your DE if you don't like it"Well... thief was my first character, and ive been playing gw2 for the last 5 years, i don't main DE at all, it's just another meme build i can use to abuse a bit and have some fun, so i think i won't be deleting it in the near future, but thanks for the advice

If you die to oneshot thief these days you either having a bad build or you are a bad player, oneshot power thieves are extremely squishy, Deadeye got nerfed long ago, they used to hit like 50k, if you find this perma stealth build is so OP, try and play it yourself, upkeeping stealth is super exhausting, plenty ways to counter this: Thief: Instant Reflexes, Ranger : Lesser Signet of Stone, Warrior: Lesser Endure Pain, Ele: Stone Heart(You cannot be critically hit while attuned to earth), Lesser Arcane Shield and guess what thieves on dagger backstab or rifle have no unblockable, if you see them go into stealth, raise your shield up, get in stealth yourself, tele away, or simply just run away dont stand there and die like a dummy. If you die to a player in game and dont know how to use their same build against them or counter them with other builds, sorry mate but you need to improve, asking daddy anet for candy nerf gonna take a long time, be a man take business into your own hands, smash them with the build they smash you, if you lose you are worse than them, nothing to be salty here, its all fair game, simple as that.

@Suraci.1642 said:If you die to oneshot thief these days you either having a bad build or you are a bad player, oneshot power thieves are extremely squishy, Deadeye got nerfed long ago, they used to hit like 50k, if you find this perma stealth build is so OP, try and play it yourself, upkeeping stealth is super exhausting, plenty ways to counter this: Thief: Instant Reflexes, Ranger : Lesser Signet of Stone, Warrior: Lesser Endure Pain, Ele: Stone Heart(You cannot be critically hit while attuned to earth), Lesser Arcane Shield and guess what thieves on dagger backstab or rifle have no unblockable, if you see them go into stealth, raise your shield up, get in stealth yourself, tele away, or simply just run away dont stand there and die like a dummy. If you die to a player in game and dont know how to use their same build against them or counter them with other builds, sorry mate but you need to improve, asking daddy anet for candy nerf gonna take a long time, be a man take business into your own hands, smash them with the build they smash you, if you lose you are worse than them, nothing to be salty here, its all fair game, simple as that.

Now if you reread this topic again careful this time you would see its about perma stealth, not one shot..