Infinite single file download

Burjis.3087

Since the Bound by Blood update, my updated keeps downloading one remaining file for a seemingly unlimited amount of time. The game is in a playable state but I'm not sure if this won't affect the game in some way. If anything it is annoying in the least.I've so far downloaded approximately an aggregated 20GB for this single file alone. 11GB just the last time I opened the launcher.Is this file really supposed to be this big or do I have an issue with the patcher?

From the Knowledge Base:

My client is stuck updating at 99% with one file left. What should I do?

First, locate and delete your local.dat file, which can be found in your Documents > Guild Wars 2 folder.Next, reboot your computer and launch Guild Wars 2 again. After seeing the “1 file remaining” message, a secondary protocol should kick in to download the missing file from the backup system. This process usually takes about 10 minutes.If after 15 minutes you find that the above process has not resolved the issue—that is, you’re still stuck at a 99% download—please try the following work-around:Change the language setting for the launcher (in the top right corner of your screen) to a different language; this should force the download should complete. Once that occurs, change the launcher back to your original language and log in normally.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Thanks for the advice. My local.dat file was located in %appdata%\Guild Wars 2, deleted it, rebooted and ran the launcher but it still tried to download one last file. Changed my language to German, the launcher started downloading ~25k files, around 11.5 gigabytes, but after that, 1 file remained and the download kept going!