What is the class it feels worst for you to lose against?

DonArkanio.6419

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I am actually incredibly surprised that Memer is drawing more aggro in this poll than Engineer.

Because mesmer is generally unfun to fight with its ability stealth, break targets, clones + distort, and general fuck-wittery. With engineer, most of the attacks are highly telegraphed, so even if you think they're OP, at least you know what happened.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I am actually incredibly surprised that Memer is drawing more aggro in this poll than Engineer.

Because mesmer is generally unfun to fight with its ability stealth, break targets, clones + distort, and general kitten-wittery. With engineer, most of the attacks are highly telegraphed, so even if you think they're OP, at least you know what happened.

Seems like someone didn't want to learn how to fight against Mesmers when they actually were overperforming and broken XDMeanwhile, Warrior simply stomps all its 1v1s while having more passive sustain than any other class in minor traits without any trade-offs. Go figure.

Thief.

I hate stealth mechanics in pvp modes, totally kills the fun of it when someone can ambush you out of nowhere and has almost a guaranteed chance of fleeing when you gain the upper hand.

It's a frustrating waste of my time having to deal with that tactic and if I can't get the kill then I get nothing out of it either.This basically means it's very easy for a troll to abuse stealth and teleport mechancis to constantly harass the same player through a fight, even if they can't kill said player they can still kitten them off severely.

Also gives them a special talent for interfiring in other skirmish's which wouldn't be so bad if you could see them coming which you can't.Had plenty of moments in WvW for example where there would be a few of us waiting for a capture point to open up and just before it does, a small group de-stealth and obliterate us with absolutely no way to even defend against it.

It's a crappy but very effective tactic so i've hated stealth in pvp modes in every MMO i've played that has it, I regard it as a cheap mechanic in general because of how easy it is to abuse.Even in PvE I strongly dislike using it to skip content in dungeons etc

@DigiQWill.6378 said:

Because mesmer is generally unfun to fight with its ability stealth, break targets, clones + distort, and general kitten-wittery. With engineer, most of the attacks are highly telegraphed, so even if you think they're OP, at least you know what happened.

Seems like someone didn't want to learn how to fight against Mesmers when they actually were overperforming and broken XDMeanwhile, Warrior simply stomps all its 1v1s while having more passive sustain than any other class in minor traits without any trade-offs. Go figure.

Oh, I learned the vast majority of their tells. I also generally win fights against them. I still think mesmer isn't fun to fight for the reasons I listed. Nothing to do with being overpowered or underpowered, it has everything to do with how frustrating they are to play against.

Of course, Weaver(FA that takes 2/3 your HP away in less then 1 second or dodge spam aoe fire), poison thief, mesmer(condi or stealth burst), aoe spamming FB that screw my eyes, DPS guardian/rev who teleports in your face and take half your HP in less then 1 second, Deadeye and ranger who pew pew from 99999 range away.

@Teratus.2859 said:Thief.

I hate stealth mechanics in pvp modes, totally kills the fun of it when someone can ambush you out of nowhere and has almost a guaranteed chance of fleeing when you gain the upper hand.

That's pretty much mesmer tbh. Since when are thieves using stealth in sPvP again? D/P and rifle nerfs killed stealth builds on thief (in sPvP -WvW still has some). S/D doesn't use stealth at all (Cloak and Dagger is very occasionally, you wouldn't want to spend the amount of initiative to troll and if he does he's probably an easy kill tbh) and if someone's brave enough to play something like S/P or Staff then there's also pretty much 0 stealth access. Haven't seen a rifle deadeye in a pretty long time in sPvP let alone a power d/p build.

As a side note: I don't include condi thief since this is just full cancer, won't even start arguing about that. But condi in general in pvp imo.

I'm not. From the title alone, I would have been very surprised if Mesmer didn't win this poll, like so many polls before it.

This poll isn't about what's most OP (definitely Holo), but basically what generates the most salt. Mesmer, and to some extent, thief, will always wear that crown due to their mechanics, regardless of whether or not they're OP.

@DigiQWill.6378 said:

Warrior stomps all 1v1s. Uh huh.

Fresh air is so annoying honestly especially when you are begging your team to focus it but they proceed to completely ignore you and get destroyed for the rest of the game by a stupid 1 shot. But theres more...

Ridiculous people who tweak already broken cheese like condi theif, burn guard e.t.c. to maximum burst, god they are annoying. DH's using every trap and then spamming all their skills and second set of traps the second you walk in, instant killing you while they block everything you have. Then you have berserker power mesmer instant killing you from stealth, theif can do the same, condi mirage tweaked to condition damage hell. I hate all this ez mode crap that catches you off guard

I would have said mesmer but I'm intelligent enough to just not fight them, instead I stay away from them, I focus on the main target, then whenever I notice the real mesmer just chilling, bang, burst him down.

@"MidnightX.6294" said:mesmer and necro cheating via macros. im sick of these "delete you in 0.000001 sec" with 3rd party programms.

you realize its propably faster to learn the combo on mesmer/necro than to find macro to do it for them, took me couple of games to learn it personally, still make mistakes but if someone cared they could spend couple of hours and have the timings down to near perfection.

• 6 months later...