Game Crashing.

Dami.5046

@Hesacon.8735 said:

@Faaris.8013 said:Sorry, I rarely log onto these forums anymore, but I have to say something valuable and of importance:

This company again proved itself to be incapable of launching a new episode.

It's the same error over and over again, with every new episode. You enter the very first instance and get disconnected. Then you cannot log in with that account anymore. One would think after making the same mistakes 3 or 4 times, something will change, but it doesn't.

Maybe don't make big announcements and hype players up if you cannot deliver.

In their defense, they launched 8 LW2, 6 LW3, and 2 LW4 episodes without much issue. Last patch they got aggressive with a really intricate instance that the servers couldn't handle and was missed in internal testing since it only appeared at scale. I don't know what the issue is with this patch, but clearly from last episode they're trying to max out what they can do with the engine, which isn't a bad thing if they could scale it to all players.

I don't know what you're talking about...bloodstone fen was a nightmare on patch day. So much so that I refused to play the LS after that on patch day.

• 1 year later...

Game is also crashing on launch for me. I just see the cursor turn to a hand for a moment and then it crashes before I even see the login screen. Tried a repair without success. Tried deleting the gw2 cache in temp without success. Tried updating video drivers without success. Tried a reinstall of the game (tried leaving appdata config and wiping it out) without success. Event viewer points to d3d9.dll (in System32 - ARCDPS or any mods are not installed) as the faulting module but I do not see any crash logs in GuildWars2 appdata.

I have figured out my crashing problem. If the game is crashing for you on startup, and you use MSI Afterburner (or just Riva Tuner Statistics Server directly), either close MSI Afterburner (specifically RTSS which MSI Afterburner utilizes), or create a profile specifically for the GW2-64.exe to use Custom Direct3D support. The latest update seems to have changed the engine's Direct3D implementation causing the D3D9.dll crash. Setting for Custom Direct3DSupport for RTSS on Imgur