Did anyone else feel like the appearance of the charr in the video sequences was too 'cuddly' . . ?

Gop.8713

@"Gop.8713" said:Specifically Bangar and Crecia during the story step in Bangar's office. They looked like stuffed animals to me, not really fierce or threatening at all . . .

This isn't a complaint, I'm just curious as to whether others had a similar perception . . .

My exact first thought upon seeing Bangar up close was "there will be very specific fan art of this".

The model is really well done and I agree about the Disney comment above. He will certainly have his fans.

I think crecia is perfectly right. She suppose to be the mother of rytlock his cubs.The woman must be a complete beauty in the eyes of the charr to be able to seduce this hard personality of rytlock we've seen the last few years. He is somewhat less harsh. But still in my eyes one of the most epic characters in the story.

I kinda like the look, more big cat, less ugly monster. I'd like if male charr would have had more options like it from the start. But in context to the majority of other male charr, then yes he looks uncannily different. Crecia fits just fine with other female charr we have seen though, so nothing there.

Either way I'm not sure I would say cuddly... at least not anymore than I consider a wild, fully grown tiger "cuddly".

@Ryukai.6524 said:As soon as I saw Bangar, the name 'Scar' popped straight into my brain.....

This was my exact thought! Took me a few seconds but I realized the uncanny resemblance I saw in Bangar was one of Scar and honestly I feel it's really fitting. He's a anthropomorphic cat-humanoid that speaks and has pretty evilish/dark remarks and thoughts. It was something I personally appreciated.

@Naxos.2503 said:Bangar looks uncanny to me, mostly because his appearance doesn't match any other charr around. Crecia wasn't nearly as bad, since that look is very similar to what many charr female player characters use.

I agree with you about Bangar. He looks soft (fluffy soft), for lack of a better word. Not rough. And almost like he has a hilight effect on his face to make him seem brighter.

It's very striking, visually. He certainly does stand out.

Bangar is the poster boy for those "doctors hate him!" pop-ups. He's twice Rytlock's age, and looks half Rytlock's age. However, I don't mind it. Some people age more gracefully than others, and some people's genetics hit them with the ugly stick.Bangar's looks fit his character. The mental image everyone has of Blood Legion is big, battle-scarred brutes who like to hit things--and Bangar breaks the stereotype (which I like). He's a smooth talker and a plotter, and he's probably using fur conditioner and a stylist to help maintain his charisma. That doesn't mean he isn't ferocious in battle--it just means you can't put every Blood Legion charr into one box.
Crecia looks fine. That sleek, sharp look is typical of female charr. I've seen plenty of cute abominations made by players.... and Rox.... but Crecia's looks aren't anywhere near that. Other than Rox, female charr NPC's look fine and range from the typical sleek look to toothy monsters like Kalla and Boticca, or bumpy old soldiers like Almora. Player characters aren't really an accurate reflection of the race, because people these days expect the right to create abominations, color bling vomit, fursonas, and joke characters.

@Ben K.6238 said:

@Dante.1508 said:Guildwars 1 charr were the best.. They were how i expected charr to be.

I'm not sure what happened to charr in Guildwars 2.

Considering charr didn't exist before GW1, I'm not sure how expectations play into it.

Doesn't make any sense what so ever, what did that have to do with my post.. Charr in Guildwars 2 pale compared to Charr from Guildwars 1.

@Ben K.6238 said:

@Dante.1508 said:Doesn't make any sense what so ever, what did that have to do with my post.. Charr in Guildwars 2 pale compared to Charr from Guildwars 1.

It had this to do with your post:

@Dante.1508 said:They were how i expected charr to be.

Basing your expectations for GW1 charr on GW1 charr is circular reasoning.

Again GW1 started guildwars so your post is moot.. Guildwars 1 charr were far more primal and accurate to charr. Guildwars 2 turned them into some odd fuffy toys.