Only balance i want to hear..

Hadi.6025

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Hadi.6025 said:Add a Cooldown to Warclaws if a player dies and re-spawns. People are coming back from spawn entirely too fast. There needs to be some serious balance changes to this mount if you're going to talk about Class balance as well.

Cool down is fine. Let them come to bag farm.

Three dodges, 10+K health? That needs some trimming. Like 2k health, 2 dodges..

I think this is the more pressing issue, its way too hard to stop ppl on mounts, you cant even dismount someone in a smallscale setting, just awkwardly running next to him on your own mount.

Which profession can't take down warclaw?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zinkz.7045 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:That's what drives good players away.

No it isn't, no one decent thinks skilled PvP is playing against "monkeys" who are largely less experienced players, casual players, players in zerg builds, players who are 60 years old, etc. What drove good (well "good" by the low standards of GW2 WvW) players away was something of the opposite, the lack of competitive fights and having to fight "monkeys" instead, be it for guilds, roaming or even to an extent zergs.

Well you WvWers are against adding objectives and having better PvPvE elements and other elements to split the zerg. I haven't seen any suggestions on how to change WvW to split zerg fights up and make fights more skilled based.

The ability to get into a fight faster does not necessarily mean more fights. In fact it can lead to the opposite and this related directly to population imbalances. In the old days a small group roaming a map where they were outnumbered could do damage. They would still get their fights as they encountered other small groups and were able to flip objectives before a larger group arrived to face them.

With warclaw this changes. If you are outnumbered on a map the larger population side can now focus much more easily from all corners of the map to face that smaller group. The word gets out that 4 guys are flipping SWT and the two guys that are squatting that tower do not have to engage in a fight to delay that flip because they now have time for the 12 other people on various parts of the map to get to that tower in short order and kill those 4.

Where what might of happened before was that smaller group might have to fight off two or three guys trying to hit their siege they now mount up and ride off as soon as they see all of those other enemies arriving on their warclaws to stop them.

Warclaw magnifies the already substantial advantages that the higher population servers have. When these advantages magnified there are less fights.

@Arzurag.7506 said:

@Hadi.6025 said:Add a Cooldown to Warclaws if a player dies and re-spawns. People are coming back from spawn entirely too fast. There needs to be some serious balance changes to this mount if you're going to talk about Class balance as well.

I think this is the more pressing issue, its way too hard to stop ppl on mounts, you cant even dismount someone in a smallscale setting, just awkwardly running next to him on your own mount.

Which one can? Ranger and maybe full dmg hammer rev.

When the player on the warclaw just runs past you and uses his 3! Dodges right its almost impossible for most classes.

mounts would be totallly fine IF!

1: They had 1 hp (mounts shud not be anything but a vehicle to get you from a to b... and they should not allow u to avoid fights and prance around an enemy group thinking ur invincible.... go within range of an enemy u should get dismounted.. )

2: Mount stomp was removed... ( this is just my personal opinion and really no.1 is way more important... why should ppl that just showed up influence the outcome of a fight by instantly finishing a player or players... atleast make them get down of their mount to stomp.... <--- u can think of various scenarios for this, i wont list them all.

@acidic.4356 said:mounts would be totallly fine IF!

1: They had 1 hp (mounts shud not be anything but a vehicle to get you from a to b... and they should not allow u to avoid fights and prance around an enemy group thinking ur invincible.... go within range of an enemy u should get dismounted.. )

2: Mount stomp was removed... ( this is just my personal opinion and really no.1 is way more important... why should ppl that just showed up influence the outcome of a fight by instantly finishing a player or players... atleast make them get down of their mount to stomp.... <--- u can think of various scenarios for this, i wont list them all.

Frankly I'm fine with the mount stomp, but I think if mounts had 1hp the stomp would be a none issue as any AoE would prevent it.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@steki.1478 said:That was kinda the intention of mounts. More time spent fighting instead of running.

No it was to get around the maps faster. not to get into a fight after you LOST.

Those two things are ... the same.

They are the same but they don't have to be the same.

I agree that it's pretty annoying but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to change.

The whole point of people being able to get around the map faster is for them to get back into the fight faster. Otherwise it's kinda dumb.

If that was the true intent behind mounts they could've saved time and let players respawn wherever they chose.

Truth is warclaw is a reskinned griffon that took little effort, made to extract cash from WvW and be a substitute for meaningful and well designed content.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@steki.1478 said:That was kinda the intention of mounts. More time spent fighting instead of running.

No it was to get around the maps faster. not to get into a fight after you LOST.

I agree that it's pretty annoying but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to change.

The whole point of people being able to get around the map faster is for them to get back into the fight faster. Otherwise it's kinda dumb.

If that was the true intent behind mounts they could've saved time and let players respawn wherever they chose.

Truth is warclaw is a reskinned griffon that took little effort, made to extract cash from WvW and be a substitute for meaningful and well designed content.

Sure, there is LOTS of things they could have done, but they chose to implement mounts for that ... and yes I suspect they saw the opportunity to use that development as a revenue source to fund the continual development of content we all love ... so I don't see a problem with that, and neither should anyone else that understands how this game works as a business.

I don't think it's sound logic to assume something you can't do in the game would have been faster to implement than something that was, but if you want to base your opinion on wild speculation, I won't stop you. I also don't see how respawning where ever you want makes sense in this game unless you want to ignore themes and lore ... I mean, they could have given us a UFO too ... but I doubt that will ever happen because it doesn't fit in the game.

@Straegen.2938 said:So the complaint is too much fighting?

yeah literally, this is the ONLY reason I can think of someone would complain people are able to get back to the fight faster.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"steki.1478" said:That was kinda the intention of mounts. More time spent fighting instead of running.

Ok, but they are and that's not an accident. There is no point in someone getting around a map faster ... then being restricted in engaging people in a fight. That makes zero sense.

Eh, it makes a bit of sense. His complaint is valid but I don't know about his solution. I think it would make more sense to add a respawn timer than a cooldown on the warclaw. EIther way though, I don't think it would be worth it in the long run.
shrug

Just an opinion.

I didn't understand the complaint ... why is it a problem that people come back too fast to fight? People don't want to have fights in WvW? I can't honestly believe people LIKE waiting around for the zerg to reform 10-15 minutes for the next battle. That's exactly the thing that ISN'T fun about WvW.

Yes, its the logic of WvWers...

We're only here for the fights, come fight me bruh!"

They are getting back into the fight too fast, put it on cooldown!

We are only here for fights, thats why we love the mount to get back to them faster!

Oh is that a person? Better spam mount dodge to avoid fights and ignore them.

WvW player logic.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Sure, there is LOTS of things they could have done, but they chose to implement mounts for that ... and yes I suspect they saw the opportunity to use that development as a revenue source to fund the continual development of content we all love ... so I don't see a problem with that, and neither should anyone else that understands how this game works as a business.

I don't think it's sound logic to assume something you can't do in the game would have been faster to implement than something that was, but if you want to base your opinion on wild speculation, I won't stop you. I also don't see how respawning where ever you want makes sense in this game unless you want to ignore themes and lore ... I mean, they could have given us a UFO too ... but I doubt that will ever happen because it doesn't fit in the game.

Let's not delve into what's thematic and not.. Tyria has a waypoint every hundred feet or so, noone would bother buying fodder for a transport animal.

My gripe is warclaw's weak implimentation, it is just transport. Why is there no mounted combat? No cavalry charges, no jousting, no looking to the east on the third day at helms deep... It's just move speed power creep. Just like gliders, it's an addition to a war game that's missing the war and that alone makes it a crap addition.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Which one can? Ranger and maybe full dmg hammer rev.

When the player on the warclaw just runs past you and uses his 3! Dodges right its almost impossible for most classes.

Whatchu talking about its objectively balanced, even risk and reward, i mean thats what pro-mounters keep saying. Whenever i see a mounted player as my warrior the game rolls a dice and there is a 50% chance of dismounting them, trust me it's what these forums say.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Let's not delve into what's thematic and not.. Tyria has a waypoint every hundred feet or so, noone would bother buying fodder for a transport animal.

My gripe is warclaw's weak implimentation, it is
just
transport. Why is there no mounted combat? No cavalry charges, no jousting, no looking to the east on the third day at helms deep... It's just move speed power creep. Just like gliders, it's an addition to a war game that's missing the war and that alone makes it a kitten addition.

OK, but that's not really the point of the thread so, I'm not sure how to relate that to what we are talking about here.

What I know is that when we talk about the topic in THIS thread, the idea that it's OK for warclaw to get people back to a place faster but NOT OK to get them there because they intend to participate in a fight that's happening at that location ... is pure nonsense. Those two things are one in the same.

@Obtena.7952 said:

My gripe is warclaw's weak implimentation, it is
just
transport. Why is there no mounted combat? No cavalry charges, no jousting, no looking to the east on the third day at helms deep... It's just move speed power creep. Just like gliders, it's an addition to a war game that's missing the war and that alone makes it a kitten addition.

OK, but that's not really the point of the thread so, I'm not sure how to relate that to what we are talking about here.

What I know is that when we talk about the topic in THIS thread, the idea that it's OK for warclaw to get people back to a place faster but NOT OK to get them there because they intend to participate in a fight that's happening at that location ... is pure nonsense. Those two things are one in the same.

The argument was: warclaw is for getting back to a fight the losing side already lost.My counterargument: warclaw is a cash grab, with any effect on fights not a consideration.

Should a handful of tanks be able to permanently contest a circle, running back faster than they can be dispatched? Should simply flipping a camp require a full squad now too? Is it good design to have specs designed for speed be outpaced by the slowest spec possible, by virtue of the fatkid not having participated in the fight yet? Were these questions asked at all or did they just want to include WvW in the skins market?

That's a rather biased question to ask don't you think?

No, Warclaw isn't made specifically for people to get back to to a fight they lost. That's simply a consequence of it's intent. That's no reason to invent some contrived idea that people should be restricted from fighting when they get to a place using it.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:That's what drives good players away.

No it isn't, no one decent thinks skilled PvP is playing against "monkeys" who are largely less experienced players, casual players, players in zerg builds, players who are 60 years old, etc. What drove good (well "good" by the low standards of GW2 WvW) players away was something of the opposite, the lack of competitive fights and having to fight "monkeys" instead, be it for guilds, roaming or even to an extent zergs.

Well you WvWers are against adding objectives and having better PvPvE elements and other elements to split the zerg. I haven't seen any suggestions on how to change WvW to split zerg fights up and make fights more skilled based.

gentlemans agreement to run 10 man and go invis tag. :)

@"Anput.4620" said:We are only here for fights, thats why we love the mount to get back to them faster!

Oh is that a person? Better spam mount dodge to avoid fights and ignore them.

WvW player logic.

That should have been basically the infinity gauntlet snap to this entire "OH, BuT DoN'T WHAnt mO FigHT DeN?" argument IMO; well done. Majority of WvW players acting like they're all about "fighting" when they use the Warclaw for the exact opposite (most of the time); unless they can ultimately outnumber their opponent... Then it's "oh now I suddenly want to fight". Because apparently they also need 3 long distance dodges with 10k extra health in order to fight as well? I mean it is logical... If that player is bad; not even joking. However, it's definitely not ideal for a healthy warzone game mode among all skill types.

• I could literally just say... "Let's just all never die then... k?". If we "never die" then we can just keep fighting and fighting... And fighting. Since us WvW players apparently just have this intense foaming out the mouth desire for "fighting" only; with no further context and thus having no breaks whatsoever. Warclaw easily and almost completely disregards the time it can take to succeed by offering greater chances to overwhelm; for those whom initially don't succeed.

• I and others don't just want "fights"... We want quality fights. So that we can feel truly successful. There has never been good "quality" in overwhelming your opponent and/or catching their skills on cooldown.

Let's just all never die then "BEcaUse FIGHTZ!" and re-skin Warclaw into a Carebear that shits out rainbows every time it dodges ??????

@Obtena.7952 said:

No it is not. Like the other guy said earlier about people Graveyarding ( basically suiciding until they can win the fight) is not the same as someone just moving to another objective. One deals with movement and the other deals with how people are playing the game mode. My problem with the mount is that it causes endless fighting because people can just keep running out of spawn in less than 2 seconds after losing.

@Hadi.6025 said:

No it is not. Like the other guy said earlier about people Graveyarding ( basically suiciding until they can win the fight) is not the same as someone just moving to another objective. One does with just movement and the other deals with how people are playing the game mode. My problem with the mount is that it causes endless fighting because people can just keep running out of spawn in less than 2 seconds after losing.

I don't think that makes sense. So it's your opinion that Anet wants people to get around maps faster ... but not be able to fight when they get there? If that's the case, why are you able to do that in the first place? I mean, Warclaw is implemented to do EXACTLY what I'm describing. It's also designed so a player can be dismounted and killed ... so it seems to me ... very much Yes ... getting to a place on your Warclaw and getting into a fight is completely INTENDED.

Graveyarding or not ... getting around faster is the same as getting to a fight faster as well. They ARE the same thing.

@Obtena.7952 said:

No it is not. Like the other guy said earlier about people Graveyarding ( basically suiciding until they can win the fight) is not the same as someone just moving to another objective. One does with just movement and the other deals with how people are playing the game mode. My problem with the mount is that it causes endless fighting because people can just keep running out of spawn in less than 2 seconds after losing.

I don't think that makes sense. So it's your opinion that Anet wants people to get around maps faster ... but not be able to fight when they get there? If that's the case, why are you able to do that in the first place? I mean, Warclaw is implemented to do EXACTLY what I'm describing. It's also designed so a player can be dismounted and killed ... so it seems to me ... very much Yes ... getting to a place on your Warclaw and getting into a fight is completely INTENDED.

Graveyarding or not ... getting around faster is the same as getting to a fight faster as well. They ARE the same thing.

How are you not understanding what i just typed? I just said people are getting to the fight too fast. I am not talking about people moving around the map fast. Two different things my man. In Elderscrolls online Mounts make sense because the maps are extremely large. Like a HoT expansion sized map. Guild wars 2 maps aren't that big and the mounts gain bonus movement speed and 3 Movement dodges which greatly shortens the time needed running back. I'm not saying movement is bad in WvW im saying when players LOSE from a fight THEY ARE IN THE FIGHT TOO FAST AFTER JUST LOSING. Resulting in a suicide game play where players will continue to keep running back in less than 2 seconds to keep an objective from being captured. it's a major problem to the game mode and does not add any strategy . Hence the reasoning for adding a Cooldown on mounting after just dying.

It's kinda like PvP , after you die, theres a delay in a time you can respawn , right? SO , my theory to add a BALANCE to players from Suiciding / Graveyarding constantly to contest an objective, adding a Cooldown to mount use after DYING and RESPAWNING, it would keep people from just running back to the point constantly. Imagine if PvP didnt have that timer after you just died and you could just respawn instantly. Do you see how frustrating it would be if you could not capture a point cause the person is already contesting it again ?

@Hadi.6025 said:

How are you not understanding what i just typed? I just said people are getting to the fight too fast. I am not talking about people moving around the map fast.

I understand those things are the same because the fights happen in the maps. Therefore, getting around the maps faster (intended) is the SAME as getting back and fighting faster. I know you have separated those things in your mind, but they aren't. You can see that in how the Warclaw has been implemented. If it wasn't intended that a player could run back and get into a fight off the Warclaw ... you wouldn't be able to dismount and kill a player. It works both ways.

If you advocate some mechanic where a player can't get in a fight because they used a Warclaw to get there, then Warclaw must be immune to forced dismounts and combat.

@Obtena.7952 said:

How are you not understanding what i just typed? I just said people are getting to the fight too fast. I am not talking about people moving around the map fast.

I understand those things are the same because the fights happen in the maps. Therefore, getting around the maps faster (intended) is the SAME as getting back and fighting faster. I know you have separated those things in your mind, but they aren't. You can see that in how the Warclaw has been implemented. If it wasn't intended that a player could run back and get into a fight off the Warclaw ... you wouldn't be able to dismount and kill a player. It works both ways.

If you advocate some mechanic where a player can't get in a fight because they used a Warclaw to get there, then Warclaw must be immune to forced dismounts and combat.

Hmm. I don't think OP is saying players can't fight. The point is preventing the same players from continuing to immediately rejoin the fight after they've lost. Which some sort of cooldown would do.

edit: Also, just a general comment to people mocking WvW players that 'want fights'. There is a difference between wanting to fight people and wanting to continuously fight and kill the same person over and over again.