Tune down weakness

aelska.4609

@"XECOR.2814" said:Damage needs nerf not weakness lol.

You could argue that Weakness is "Anti power creep" condition lol

Like peas in a pod. Weakness too strong, Power creep too strong....

If damaged was nerfed, I would like to see Weakness nerfed alongside it but I don't think nerfing one and not the other is a good idea.

Weakness and protection is to power as removal and resistance is to condi.

Issue being that some classes can keep permenant or near enough weakness on someone and it serves as both a defensive and offensive utility because it's a cover condition while chunking power damage and slowing endurance regen.

Resistance is niche at best due to most Condi classes running corrupts, removal or annulment. There are not a lot of sources of resistance to boot.

The ability to keep permenant cover conditions takes away from the overall ability to cleanse effectively. This and the and the amount of conditions that a single person can consistently push out lead to bloated Condi removal skills like in the case of my class Shake It Off and Mend.

That being said some condi classes aren't in a bad spot at all. I'm genuinely satisfied with the state scourge is in and I'm baffled by the upcoming nerfs. Scourge lacks a lot of defensive utility that more oppressive Condi classes have. The offenders being Sage Firebrand, Condi Daredevil and CI mirage pre nerf, the absolute degenerate.

So what's the common factor between those three classes? All three of them mix high amounts mitigation with excessive amounts of cover conditions while having quick reapplication.

Just to be fair it's not only Condi classes that sport stupid amounts of mitigation mixed with damage. Spellbreaker, mirage in general, former boonbeast, staff/staff DD, and the biggest offender on the power team: good ole Yolosmith.

I'd say the reason why Condi gets complaints more is because it has less counterplay options, a bigger learning curve to counterplay, a more passive playstyle, and dodges are less effective vs condi classes due to their prolonged skills. The last one really makes the difference for me. I can dodge prime light beam, I can't completely dodge symbols, thief shortbow 4 or caltrops, and I can't completely dodge IH scepter, chaos storm or pistol 4.

My suggestions go like this:Nerf mitigation across the board.Make resistance stop condition applicationProtection should apply to conditions.No class should have permenant reapplication of any cover condition.Reduce the base damage of burning but increase the scaling.Utilitarian conditions should have their damage scaled back. EG poison being comparable to the straight offensive conditions of burn and bleed in damage while still cutting healing.

That's why were in this meta. Top tier classes are the ones with the most mitigation with the exception of scourge and the lower tier but still viable classes are the ones that have enough burst to stay competitive.

TLDR: Conditions are less fun to fight, mitigation defines this meta, arenanet can't balance and doesn't care to. Swiss tournament will never come out its a pipe dream to keep us quiet for another 18 months.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:weakness outright carries some builds tho.

And it should not.

Actually, almost all impairing effects need a nerf. Either in effect or frequency of application.

Honestly, everything needs a nerf.We just don't see it coming. Never ever.

We are in the scenario where they F-d up and overtuned PoF Specs, didn't fix them and people are raging = very little chance for any class additions in the near future.

As for the Weakness itself - it could be strong but very short. Windows of opportunity and disadvantage are great, but in GW2 some classes have 24/7 windows of opportunity.

Vulnerability effect is easy to fix imo, just divide it onto vulnerability for melee and range and for condition bring back cracked armor, classses and builds would use just what they are for, no both with constant and easy 25% boost.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"MrFrusciante.2438" said:it was a jokebut seriously git gud. weakness doesnt hurt if you dodge the skill its attached too...but yea seriously maybe learn other clases skills that use weakness and look for tells and actually get better instead of running here and complaining....but seriously if were all being serious, don't panic faceroll your keyboard during a fight and youll know be able to counter with a simple cleanse.lets be serious still while being serious we all know gold 2 and down dont even bother cleansing condi so GG.Full circle back to git gud.

it was just a joke no need to make up outrageously false things about rangers using weakness....

there is only 1 skill "some" rangers use to apply weakness in pvp.Winters bite on axe main

and 1 traitprotective ward which is on nature magic and is really only used by boonbeasts and core weirdos which are meant to bunk.

the others are not even used in any viable build relating to pvp so git gud and stop lying to suit your agenda.

lmao at the thought of rangers using black bear for enfeebling roar. most rangers don't even realize theres a pet with weakness

The thread was not focusing on your particular class, no need to be so arrogant. Check
. You will see that your little ranger is not the only class applying such a badly designed condition. It was fine before HoT and PoF but now it's just everywhere, good luck trying to dodge that.

So your problem is necromancers converting might into weakness?

To be honest, I've always also though corrupting Might into Weakness is WAY too powerful of an effect considering how powerful Weakness is, and how pretty much every build can't help but get a stack or two of might from some source somewhere. Personally I think Vigor should corrupt into Weakness as they both impact endurance generation and Might should corrupt into Bleeding which is more appropriate in terms of the scaling value of might.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"MrFrusciante.2438" said:it was a jokebut seriously git gud. weakness doesnt hurt if you dodge the skill its attached too...but yea seriously maybe learn other clases skills that use weakness and look for tells and actually get better instead of running here and complaining....but seriously if were all being serious, don't panic faceroll your keyboard during a fight and youll know be able to counter with a simple cleanse.lets be serious still while being serious we all know gold 2 and down dont even bother cleansing condi so GG.Full circle back to git gud.

it was just a joke no need to make up outrageously false things about rangers using weakness....

there is only 1 skill "some" rangers use to apply weakness in pvp.Winters bite on axe main

and 1 traitprotective ward which is on nature magic and is really only used by boonbeasts and core weirdos which are meant to bunk.

the others are not even used in any viable build relating to pvp so git gud and stop lying to suit your agenda.

lmao at the thought of rangers using black bear for enfeebling roar. most rangers don't even realize theres a pet with weakness

The thread was not focusing on your particular class, no need to be so arrogant. Check
. You will see that your little ranger is not the only class applying such a badly designed condition. It was fine before HoT and PoF but now it's just everywhere, good luck trying to dodge that.

To be honest, I've always also though corrupting Might into Weakness is WAY too powerful of an effect considering how powerful Weakness is, and how pretty much every build can't help but get a stack or two of might from some source somewhere. Personally I think Vigor should corrupt into Weakness as they both impact endurance generation and Might should corrupt into Bleeding which is more appropriate in terms of the scaling value of might.

There is a very clear reason why necromancers generate more weakness than any other class.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

There is a very clear reason why necromancers generate more weakness than any other class.

Reason is that the devs thought it would be a good idea to promote boonspam, so they decided to counter boonspam with corruptspam :bleep_bloop:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

I would have thought Tempest? Lightning Rod + Shout trait for example.

there's other traits, utilities and skills but those 2 traits alone provides more than enough.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I would have thought Tempest? Lightning Rod + Shout trait for example.

there's other traits, utilities and skills but those 2 traits alone provides more than enough.

Shh, don't tell anyone about that or we'll get nerfed

... Yeah, necros put out way too much weakness. More than any other class... ?