Share your best/favorite moments in Guild Wars 2

I'm gonna pull up a weird one that nobody's mentioned before, or likely going to remember.

There's a moment in PoF where your character is stripped of all their belongings and placed into a cage. When you approach the door, a dialogue window comes up giving you different options to break out. Those options are dependent on your profession. I really enjoyed exploring the different profession's options here.

I know it's not a big epic moment, but it's definintely a memorable moment for me.

The first time i play against a world boss .I just started the game and try to enjoy the Queensdale.I was doing some pre-event( again no idea) and then he spawn, Shadow Behemoth.It show me how epic this game actually, i was also surprised that you didn't need to be in a group and everybody receive loot.After this i join same train farm inside the map, i think i stay there until i was level 33, explore all the map and after move one which was because of story-line.

Want to see it almost 6 years since i started this game and it still have plenty to offer for those that want to play it and just enjoy it without making the game a second job.

For me that would have had to be in the first 30 days of the games launch. During that time almost all my old Guildmates from GW1 played. Soon after they slowly started dispersing and moving on to other games where playing with each other actually mattered. We all soon realized that Guilds and friends don't really matter in this game. This is basically a single player game set in an MMORPG world.

In GW2, I have preserved so many pleasant memories that listing them would take a whole page:)Therefore, ones of the most vivid impressions:

1. The day I bought and downloaded the game (six years ago). When I entered the starting location of Humans, I began to make hearts, and was completely fascinated by the work of the artists of the Anet. A little impressionistic style, very beautiful and close to me. Probably half of the time I spent then, just admiring the scenery. Then the second character, the Norn, and again the delight from the landscapes and style (I generally love the Scandinavian theme).
  2. My first fight in the spvp. And then my first victory, when I killed a warrior in a duel with my beginning ranger.) From that moment, I was subjugated by spvp, I played for several years mainly in this mode.
  3. The day I created the necromancer. Just a delight) And day, when the Reaper specification was released.
  4. The battle for the Lion's Arch, and the Toxic Tower in the hills of Kessex. It was epic!)
  5. The first battle in the WvW. And the battles on ЕotМ, I liked this map. To this day, this mode, WvW, is my favorite)And much, much more :) Despite the flaws in the game, despite the fact that I take breaks (sometimes long ones), I always come back with pleasure. This is my favorite game for the last six years:)

@"Batel.9206" said:The end of the Personal Story. I couldn't decide between cheering or crying. Hearing Fear Not This Night tipped me over the edge into tearing up - the good kind of tears, mind you!

I made that decision easily. I started during earlier-than-early Head Start with the (now) late Mrs Cynic, and we progressed until she decided that she didn't like the combat system (compared to less dynamic ones like GW1 and others), and dropped out at around level 25. I continued somewhat grimly until my favourite Guardian finally reached level 80 and then stopped, because some of the fun had gone out of it.

I never really lost the wish to play, though, and ... well, something of a downer follows.

At the end of 2014 / beginning of 2015, Mrs Cynic was diagnosed with a late-stage kidney cancer of slightly exotic type(1), and it finally got the better of her in the middle of 2015(2). In the aftermath, I picked up GW2 again, and continued my misadventures. I eventually reached the end of Victory or Death with that self-same Guardian and sat there watching the aftermath, and suddenly I had to stop watching because all I could see was tears. I don't really know exactly why, but I think it was just that I couldn't turn and say, "Hey, cool, I beat it! Come see the celebrations afterwards!"

But then, I had the same reaction watching Taimi talking about her condition after LS4E4/5 as well.

(1) Compared to other cancers, all kidney cancers are somewhat exotic, but this one was exotic even among kidney cancers.

(2) We had been together for 26 years.

@Aru.4156 said:

@"Jukhy.2431" said:
https://i.imgur.com/4qBT3Rb.png
Screenshotted one of my favorite moments,
so thank you everyone @ Anet
for the last part in this amazing story.Another memorable moment would be the epic personal story ending listening Fear Not This Night.(Sorry if this is considered as a spoiler.)

I too screenshot this moment ^^I have it as the background for my second monitor :D

I know I'm necroing this post but it's been bothering me for a while with this particular question. Could you tell me which episode this screenshot is from? I can't find any other information on it and it's beautiful and I'd love to see if for myself.

It's from the final mission in the very last living world release.Part of the finalie cutscene for season 4.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Aru.4156 said:

@"Jukhy.2431" said:
https://i.imgur.com/4qBT3Rb.png
Screenshotted one of my favorite moments,
so thank you everyone @ Anet
for the last part in this amazing story.Another memorable moment would be the epic personal story ending listening Fear Not This Night.(Sorry if this is considered as a spoiler.)

I too screenshot this moment ^^I have it as the background for my second monitor :D

I know I'm necroing this post but it's been bothering me for a while with this particular question. Could you tell me which episode this screenshot is from? I can't find any other information on it and it's beautiful and I'd love to see if for myself.

It's from the final mission in the very last living world release.Part of the finalie cutscene for season 4.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

The first time I entered Divinity's Reach on my first character. Exploring it gave me an indication of the creative scope core GW2 had.

And the first time I completed Dragon's Stand. It was the most immersive open world experience I've had in any MMOrpg. Truly felt like an army of players facing an uphill struggle and making their last stand. I don't know if it's the cinematics or the general atmosphere of danger HoT had but Dragonfall hasn't recreated the feeling.