Rytlock dies!

Nury.3062

They’re definitely setting up from some Daddy Drama. I feel like the writers put work into illustrating the rift between them and Rytlock’s seeming guilt about it.

A bit surprised to see him so sentimental. Charr culture always seemed pretty dismissive of genetic familial connection. I guess culture and tradition don’t always mesh with reality though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Arden.7480 said:I think his son will be turned half Icebrood, and Rytlock will have to kill him to not let Ryland suffer, but while dealing the blow, Ryland will spread the corruption on Rytlock, and he will play it cool, but in time Rytlock will also turn icebrood, very slowly, but Sohothin will keep him alive.

I suspect given Rytlock's major issues surrounding Sohothin, my theory is that it comes down to Ryland will need to wield Sohothin to keep the corruption in check; forcing Rytlock to decide between the weapon that has defined his adult life, or the son he doesn't know.

@Tremor.7481 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:I think his son will be turned half Icebrood, and Rytlock will have to kill him to not let Ryland suffer, but while dealing the blow, Ryland will spread the corruption on Rytlock, and he will play it cool, but in time Rytlock will also turn icebrood, very slowly, but Sohothin will keep him alive.

I suspect given Rytlock's major issues surrounding Sohothin, my theory is that it comes down to Ryland will need to wield Sohothin to keep the corruption in check; forcing Rytlock to decide between the weapon that has defined his adult life, or the son he doesn't know.A "passing of the torch" moment? Could work, and if Rytlock ends up becoming Imperator, that leaves us with an empty slot that needs to be filled.

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

@Nury.3062 said:Rytlock dies saving his son(because of Bangar) and somehow Logan is around to go on a rampage and kill Bangar in revenge! What do you think? Too generic?!

Your post title is a disgrace to the wonderful, spoiler free community we have here at GW2 by revealing such a major plot point to all the community in your post title. I can't believe it. Thanks for spoiling the story for me and everyone else!!! ANet, where are your moderators to immediately stop something like this! Thanks for ruining my day. I'll NEVER visit the forums again because of this. Been a loyal GW2 player since beta and never have I been so upset at someone for their lake of consideration for other players and their enjoyment for the story.

You forgot to use /sarcasm off. :astonished:

Wait, so this whole rytlock thing isn't true? I didn't even read the post, all I saw was the title and immediately lost my mind.

no it was failed attempt at Sarcasm that comes off too serious on the internet.

@"Svennis.3852" said:They’re definitely setting up from some Daddy Drama. I feel like the writers put work into illustrating the rift between them and Rytlock’s seeming guilt about it.

A bit surprised to see him so sentimental. Charr culture always seemed pretty dismissive of genetic familial connection. I guess culture and tradition don’t always mesh with reality though.That's one of the things they set up in this chapter. The head of the fahrar actually says that a lot of people come by to spy on their children, more often than anyone admits. It's a sign that despite all attempts, the charr have the same familial urges all living things do.

I'm not sure what's going to happen to Ryland, but it's clear it'll be Rytlock's main motivation in this adventure. Also, Magdaer is still out there somewhere, so maybe Ryland will get his hands on it? That'd be an interesting call back to Rurik and Adelbern.

Finally, I'm pretty sure Rytlock doesn't die. That fur pattern looks pretty natural.

@zallesz.1650 said:You really should change the post title. I also thought this was a major spoiler and was immediately let down. After seeing that it is not the case, I feel like the title is very misleading and borderline trolling.

What is the problem, sure ppl might think they have gotten spoilered, but they didnt.

Also why would you go into the lore forum before you played the story? That just begs for spoilers and i wont care one single bit who comes here before playing the story.

On topic: i kinda like rytlock, even tho he betrayed the warrior masterclass and went hocuspocus revenant. Hes still one of the more loyal members of our guild (oh and kitten logan, he can die for all i care, jennah wasnt worth it to sacrife one, or at that point even all of his guildmates might have died just to save her sorry kitten)

I doubt we’ll be seeing much of Rox now anyway, unless the Olmakhan become involved in Icebrood Saga. They seem to have pretty much written her out.

That said I’m excited to see more of Jory and Kas again. And intrigued to see how Kasmeer’s personality may have been affected by her loss of faith.

Rytlock is the only remaining Destiny’s Edge character the writers have kept across all expansions and living world chapters, but I could see them giving him some sort of send off in Icebrood, whether it’s death or a political promotion he doesn’t want but feels obligated to take.

Didnt read through the posts,Bangar gets corrupted. We have to kill him. Blood Imperatorship is offered to Rytlock, but he declines. It's then offered to Crecia who takes on the role, with Ryland becoming the new Tribune of Security. Or Crecia takes the Imperatorship, Rytlock resigns his post, and Ryland takes his place as Tribune.

@Abraxxus.8971 said:Didnt read through the posts,Bangar gets corrupted. We have to kill him. Blood Imperatorship is offered to Rytlock, but he declines. It's then offered to Crecia who takes on the role, with Ryland becoming the new Tribune of Security. Or Crecia takes the Imperatorship, Rytlock resigns his post, and Ryland takes his place as Tribune.

Ehh. Crecia outranks Rytlock, she is already acting as Imperator in Bangar's absence. As soon as Bangar dies, Crecia gets the position by default--unless someone kills her for it, which Rytlock would not.Ryland's still a kid, basically. He got promoted to Centurion because he has friends in high places, but he's super young and inexperienced for the role--he's pretty much just one of Bangar's lapdogs at this point. If Bangar dies and Crecia takes over, Ryland would either stay a Centurion and learn to fill the role, or get demoted for his poor decisions.Rytlock may somehow end up being the Khan Ur--his combination of charr ferocity, open-mindedness, and diplomacy with all races... plus his lack of interest in political power... set him up to be the perfect (but unwilling) person for the job. Short of that, I could see him staying a tribune (and being more comfortable with the position under Crecia's command), or leaving the Legions entirely to devote himself to the Pact.

Im pretty sure we will loose rytlock by the end of this, not to death. But by leading his people and him becoming the next Khan-ur, which he then will basically ensure true peace between the charr and humans and enforce it. I think this is like the King arthur story they are going with, where Rytlock will have to overcome his fears and failures as a person to become stronger and since he has the sword of flame he would be the only one capable of leading. (Or some such thing.)

Might be we meet the original Khan-ur's spirit and we find that rytlock is a direct descendant and that this spirit has been with rytlock all this time, guiding him and watching him to make sure he doesn't fail like the original did. The "You were born for this" role... so to speak.

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Im pretty sure we will loose rytlock by the end of this, not to death. But by leading his people and him becoming the next Khan-ur, which he then will basically ensure true peace between the charr and humans and enforce it. I think this is like the King arthur story they are going with, where Rytlock will have to overcome his fears and failures as a person to become stronger and since he has the sword of flame he would be the only one capable of leading. (Or some such thing.)

Might be we meet the original Khan-ur's spirit and we find that rytlock is a direct descendant and that this spirit has been with rytlock all this time, guiding him and watching him to make sure he doesn't fail like the original did. The "You were born for this" role... so to speak.I think it'd be funny (if not ironic) if he turned out to be the reincarnation of Prince Rurik.

@RyuDragnier.9476 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Im pretty sure we will loose rytlock by the end of this, not to death. But by leading his people and him becoming the next Khan-ur, which he then will basically ensure true peace between the charr and humans and enforce it. I think this is like the King arthur story they are going with, where Rytlock will have to overcome his fears and failures as a person to become stronger and since he has the sword of flame he would be the only one capable of leading. (Or some such thing.)

Might be we meet the original Khan-ur's spirit and we find that rytlock is a direct descendant and that this spirit has been with rytlock all this time, guiding him and watching him to make sure he doesn't fail like the original did. The "You were born for this" role... so to speak.I think it'd be funny (if not ironic) if he turned out to be the reincarnation of Prince Rurik.

Wouldn't that be hilarious...

Or Bangar and Rytlock fight with eachother. Then Rytlock is hanging down a cliff trying to pull himself up again and Bangar steps before him, bend over and Rytlock asks "Imperator! Help me!" Then Bangar bends over, grabs Rytlock's arms, stares deeply and evil into his eyes and only says "Long live Rytlock Brimstone!" before throwing him off the cliff where he falls into a horde of Dolyaks running from danger.

Okay, I go back into my corner. ^^

@"Cynder.2509" said:Or Bangar and Smodur fight with eachother. Then Smodur is hanging down a cliff trying to pull himself up again and Smodur steps before him, bend over and Smodur asks "Bangar! Help me!" Then Bangar bends over, grabs Smodur's arms, stares deeply and evil into his eyes and only says "Long live the Khan-Ur!" before throwing him off the cliff where he falls into a horde of Dolyaks running from danger.

Okay, I go back into my corner. ^^

FTFY